Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman Arkham City Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Done well so far avoiding plot details and spoilers.

Really hope the game arrives early as I preordered it from gamestop online.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 GT_Dublin

More reviews are starting to come in.

Giant Bomb - 5/5

CVG - 9.5/10

IGN - 9.5/10

Eurogamer - 9/10

Game Central (metro) - 9/10

Gamespot - 9/10

OXM - 9/10

1up - A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Wasn't gonna buy any games this month, but damn, this is looking too good to pass up :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Question guys.

Is it only Game who are doing the steelbook edition (Joker) ?

I see Amazon have the Catwoman Steelbook.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Wait, this is out next week? I thought it wasn't out until next month. Woohoo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

humanji wrote: »

Same here... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

I'm having multiple Nerd-gasms looking at these reviews.
    I need this game NOW!!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I'm very confused.

There's so much DLC pre-order toss floating around for this game that I have absolutely no idea what's what. I think I'm just going to buy a plain old regular 360 copy on Gamesnash and when the inevitable DLC with all the pre-order stuff comes along, then maybe pick that up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Squaredude

God bless the internet and the germans.Been playing this since yesterday and its awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 GT_Dublin

Some more review scores...

Gamesradar - 10/10

Game Informer - 10/10

G4TV - 5/5

Telegraph - 5/5

Nowgamer - 9.4/10

Gametrailers - 9.3/10

Edge - 9/10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,546 ✭✭✭✭Varik

moonboy52 wrote: »
    Question guys.

Is it only Game who are doing the steelbook edition (Joker) ?

I see Amazon have the Catwoman Steelbook.

Game have the Robin edition, that comes with all the robin dlc and costumes which will be able to be bought a few weeks after the game is out for $7 in US and i'd guess €5.99 here.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,178 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

I dont care about which store has which skins etc but i do care about price, i know gamestop are doing 44.99 but there any other confirmed prices available? mainly Smyths and HMV cus they normally are slightly cheaper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

VinLieger wrote: »
    I dont care about which store has which skins etc but i do care about price, i know gamestop are doing 44.99 but there any other confirmed prices available? mainly Smyths and HMV cus they normally are slightly cheaper
    No doubt HMV will also be €45, and usually they throw in a BluRay too or a tshirt or something else too.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭LauraW7746

I really want to get the joker steelbook edition, tesco entertainment are selling it but they don't deliver here, does anyone know if this edition will be available to buy at tesco stores here when it's released??

LauraW7746 wrote: »
    I really want to get the joker steelbook edition, tesco entertainment are selling it but they don't deliver here, does anyone know if this edition will be available to buy at tesco stores here when it's released??
    To be honest, I doubt it. But you never know. Have a few friends who work there so I'll ask and report back if they are planning on selling them. I've got the Catwoman one preordered with Amazon, but I'd much rather the Joker or the Two-Face one.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭LauraW7746

To be honest, I doubt it. But you never know. Have a few friends who work there so I'll ask and report back if they are planning on selling them. I've got the Catwoman one preordered with Amazon, but I'd much rather the Joker or the Two-Face one.

I know you can get the two face 1 at shopto.net and you get a downloadable skin aswell. If you could ask your friends it would be great thanks

I know you can get the two face 1 at shopto.net and you get a downloadable skin aswell. If you could ask your friends it would be great thanks
    The problem is, they dont usually know any of that stuff until really close to launch. Usually it's a contracted merchandiser that comes in to stock the games/cds/dvds. But no harm in asking them. I'll ask over the weekend and see what they say.

Game don't have a price here yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Speaking of leaks, I just saw Batman: Year One movie is out. Can't wait to watch it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Not as good as Under The Red Hood, guy who voices Batman doesn't do as good a job as previous voice talent, Bryan Cranston seems to have a kinack for it though as Jim Gordon. Still well worth a watch either way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Varik wrote: »
    Game don't have a price here yet.

Sorry, which steelbook do they have or do they have any?

Corkfeen wrote: »
    Sorry, which steelbook do they have or do they have any?

robin but it's not metal i think just different box

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,464 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Im a bit surprised this is already out in the states

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

humanji wrote: »

It is for consoles, not for PC :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Headshot wrote: »

I think it is out on the 18th October over there. At least according to Amazon.com.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,178 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Headshot wrote: »

Not out till tuesday in the states

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,464 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Advertisement