Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman Arkham City Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭LauraW7746

I'm playing through it at the mo.... On easy tho haha. Just on the part where I have to search Dr. Young's office :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

sheehy83 wrote: »
    So, anyone playing back through Arkha Asylum? Gonna play a bit again on Hard just to get used to the mechanics so can lash straight into AC. Still have to watch Year One. Never saw Under the Hood so will need to get my hands on that as well.

I played through AA about two months ago, so I'm good to go. I'm hoping to finally finish Human Revolution this week, so it doesn't go on the long finger again (the last time was for my Masters thesis, stupid real life).

Year One really good, Cranston steals the show as Gordon. It's close the comics, which is nice. I might watch Under the Hood again before the week is out, it's fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,464 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Is the CE worth it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

My god, those challenge map videos are about the sexiest thing I've ever seen on a screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I played through AA over the weekend. Loved it almost as much second time around. Great game.

I'm refusing to support this pre-order, retailer specific DLC, bollocks that so many games are getting into, none moreso than Arkham City. They'll carry on doing this for as long as you people bow down to it and support it. Not in my name.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,962 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I played through AA over the weekend. Loved it almost as much second time around. Great game.

I'm refusing to support this pre-order, retailer specific DLC, bollocks that so many games are getting into, none moreso than Arkham City. They'll carry on doing this for as long as you people bow down to it and support it. Not in my name.

Not going to get the CE version either, though I have no problem with what they're doing. It's a choice dude. You can choose to buy it here to get this, you can choose to buy it there to get that, or you can choose to just buy the standard anywhere and get this and that as DLC later. There's no real problem with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

whats the quickest way of getting this and off whom, should I just wait till its out in the shops?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Penn wrote: »
    Not going to get the CE version either, though I have no problem with what they're doing. It's a choice dude. You can choose to buy it here to get this, you can choose to buy it there to get that, or you can choose to just buy the standard anywhere and get this and that as DLC later. There's no real problem with it.

It's a sliperly slope though. How long until there's extra content for the main game which can only be unlocked if you buy from one retailer or other? I'd rather not support the whole thing.

The whole DLC thing is getting out of hand now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

It's a sliperly slope though. How long until there's extra content for the main game which can only be unlocked if you buy from one retailer or other? I'd rather not support the whole thing.

I'm not a fan of it really to be honest. As long as I'm able to comlete the game and get my platinum trophy without having to shell out for some DLC before I can do so, I'll be relatively happy about it.

It's 'extra' content though. Unless it forms part of the main game, I'm not too fussed. I'm more annoyed at DLC being on the actual disk and having to pay to unlock it, but that's a whole other discussion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

I have no problems at all with DLC coming with the game when its bought brand new. It's completely understandable that the people who make the game would want to still keep a profit when the game is re-sold.

The store-specific stuff are minor things and don't affect the main game at all. They're just side missions.

They'll carry on doing it anyway because it's working and there's no viable reason to see a problem with it IMO. Paying for stuff on the disc does piss me off so I don't pay for those, eventually they get released for free anyway. You're just paying to get them earlier. You can usually tell if it was on the disc already from the size of the DLC file to download.

The argument has been done from every side already but its here to stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,178 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

It's 'extra' content though. Unless it forms part of the main game, I'm not too fussed. I'm more annoyed at DLC being on the actual disk and having to pay to unlock it, but that's a whole other discussion.

There is no on disk DLC that you need to unlock, the catwoman stuff is behind a wall for people who buy 2nd hand but thats it, and tbh i dont have too much of a problem with that. The Robin and Nightwing missions are both DLC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

The Catwoman stuff also adds to the main story with extra missions, but doesn't affect much. It adds a mission to the opening though apparently. You basically play what Catwoman is up to when she isn't around Batman.

I see it as basically an added bonus for people who buy the game brand new and give the company a sale.

VinLieger wrote: »

There is no on disk DLC that you need to unlock, the catwoman stuff is behind a wall for people who buy 2nd hand but thats it, and tbh i dont have too much of a problem with that. The Robin and Nightwing missions are both DLC

I meant in general rather than Arkham City. I'll be buying the Robin and Nightwing DLC anyway, not too fussed about alt skins for Batman (though I would love the Red Robin one for Robin).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I watched one of the combat room vids but there were a load of vids on the side with spoilers in the titles and youtube commenters talking about the game so not watching any more of them. Just gotta make it til Friday!

Bat Thumb

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Only started Arkham Asylum properly in the last week or so, thought I wouldn't have to shell out on Arkham City, thought wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

whats the quickest way of getting this and off whom, should I just wait till its out in the shops?

I guess noone knows

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I guess noone knows
    At this stage, you're probably best waiting and getting it in the shops, but might do no harm to pop into one and try to pre-order so that you're sure of a copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,178 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

If your really desperate you could go online and pre-order it from gamestop, and choose express delivery which in alot of cases arrives the day before release date, although it may be too late at this stage for that to work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,546 ✭✭✭✭Varik

They'll carry on doing it anyway because it's working and there's no viable reason to see a problem with it IMO. Paying for stuff on the disc does piss me off so I don't pay for those, eventually they get released for free anyway. You're just paying to get them earlier. You can usually tell if it was on the disc already from the size of the DLC file to download.

I can create a huge impressive and utterly amazing series of levels for LBP2 or maybe even what amounts to full games that could take months/years to make, but that is still using what's on the disk.

There's a difference between locking disc content behind a DLC activation and reusing assets.

I'm fine with it as you bought what you were sold, if you don't want it don't buy it.

Unless you know someone who will be coming home from Germany or Australia soon just wait.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I'm very very tempted about that... have a meeting with my old landlord about getting my deposit back tomorrow so if I get that back then its straight down to the bank and then online to get it. Hope to fcuk I'm not working Friday morning either

Started Arkham Asylum again, so brilliant. Cannot wait for AC!

CHRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIST! I just unlocked 5 hit combo trophy. I checked my trophy list and it says 1% Where the fukk is my platinum????????????????????????? :(:mad::(:mad::(:mad::(:mad:

Edit: I synched my trophies and they all came back, phew!!

• sheehy83 wrote: »
    CHRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIST! I just unlocked 5 hit combo trophy. I checked my trophy list and it says 1% Where the fukk is my platinum????????????????????????? :(:mad::(:mad::(:mad::(:mad:

Edit: I synched my trophies and they all came back, phew!!

So annoyed, the game keeps corrupting on my PS3 as I would love to play through this again before Friday. Everytime I get to a certain section of the game (Approx 10% in near the medical facility) the game crashes and says something about corrupt data, delete and re-install. Tried about 4 times now and still nothing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Has anyone seen the steelbook editions available to order anywhere?

**Edit**

Just found the answer. It is a pre-order bonus on Amazon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Has anyone seen the steelbook editions available to order anywhere?

**Edit**

Just found the answer. It is a pre-order bonus on Amazon.
    Pretty much every store has an exclusive steelbook pre-order, Google it. I know there's a Joker one, a Catwoman one...

Just pre-ordered this with Gamesnash. Used standard post so really hope it arrives Friday. Anyone here ever use Gamesnash that used standard post on a pre-order and received it on thursday? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Just pre-ordered this with Gamesnash. Used standard post so really hope it arrives Friday. Anyone here ever use Gamesnash that used standard post on a pre-order and received it on thursday? :D

Yip....

Only once did I have an issue with them, when a preorder arrived the following week.

The rest of the time I used them, it either arrived on the Thursday or Friday, so happy out. Also, its nice to see you purchasing a copy of a game for once, instead of winning one. :pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Also, its nice to see you purchasing a copy of a game for once, instead of winning one. :pac::pac::pac:

HAHA Ya, i'm not used to this whole 'buying' malarky! :D

PS. I have 3 phrases sent to them in their comp so far, could be winning Uncharted 3 yet :cool:

Advertisement