Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman Arkham City Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Yeah, the Scarecrow sections were on the PS3 version. They were really well done too

The part where the screen corrupts scared the crap out of me. Had been messing around with the GPU clock then this yoke comes up on the screen, it put the heart crossways in me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

The part where the screen corrupts scared the crap out of me. Had been messing around with the GPU clock then this yoke comes up on the screen, it put the heart crossways in me.
    Ha the first thing that came into my head was, ah bollox not the rrod again.

I really hope they dont return to the riddler or scare crow sections as fantastic and fresh as they were, it would push the game into the 1.5 bracket we see with most sequels. It would be nice for a different set of ideas for this one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

I actually wouldn't mind seeing Scarecrow return in some way. That is of course if
    Killer Croc didn't have him for lunch

I did enjoy the Riddlers challenges in the first game, but i dont think they should return in the new one. Some other kind of side-mission challenges would go down a treat though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Thanks Wiki. Last line is most important!!!!!!!!!!!

The game is set in Gotham City. The sequel was confirmed by famed Batman voice actor Kevin Conroy to be "really, really dark." While relating the game's dark nature to the animated movie Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker, Conroy also said, "it involves a lot of the villains and it goes to that area – it's that dark." He also revealed that Two-Face is officially in the game. Voice artists Maurice LaMarche and Stana Katic revealed that Mr. Freeze and Talia al Ghul will feature in the game, having mentioned they will be voicing the respective characters. David Kaye has also confirmed his involvement in an unspecified role. Wally Wingert has confirmed that the Riddler will also be in the game, though did not specify whether the character would appear physically. Catwoman will also be included, based on Game Informer's first reveal of the game and its official name Arkham City.
    Mark Hamill has confirmed this will be the final time he voices the Joker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Ha the first thing that came into my head was, ah bollox not the rrod again.

LOL my Xbox just came back from RROD (arrived from Germany) and I was like AGH SH!T and ran to pull out the cords before stopping and watching it for a bit longer.......damn, ya got me!!

Seeing Scarecrows nightmares in AA made me think of what we missed out on in Batman Begins. Imagine a film version of that!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

As has been said we enjoyed Scarecrows Nightmares and to a lesser extent the Riddlers Challenges but they can't be done again in the sequel.I hope the whole Mutated Beasts don't return either for fear we might get a section like Jokers Bossfight again.I'd love to see a few Batmobile sections with Burnout like handling of the batmobile.Part of me wants them to hold out The Penguin & The Riddler as main villans for future titles please god Robin never makes a appearance either he'd ruin the 3rd Batman film if he turns up in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

GTR63 wrote: »
    please god Robin never makes a appearance either he'd ruin the 3rd Batman film if he turns up in it.

If Robin is used correctly he can be awesome. Its just that old TV series and 2 Batman films completely ruined peoples opinion of him. He's great in the comics, villains can really use him against Batman too

111585-jason-todd_400.jpg

I'm hugely skeptical and don't see how he could fit in Nolan's version of Batman, mostly because Batman can barely take care of himself, let alone mind a kid. At this point, adding a 2nd back-story with a hero would really take away the focus from Batman 3. I really think my mind just denies anything good with Robin from the films and oldschool TV show!

Can you pitch how amazing Robin is in the comics? And I don't know how you could make his costume look cool in films either :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I'm hugely skeptical and don't see how he could fit in Nolan's version of Batman, mostly because Batman can barely take care of himself, let alone mind a kid. At this point, adding a 2nd back-story with a hero would really take away the focus from Batman 3. I really think my mind just denies anything good with Robin from the films and oldschool TV show!

Can you pitch how amazing Robin is in the comics? And I don't know how you could make his costume look cool in films either :D

I didnt say anything about him being in Nolans Batman 3 (which i think would be a bad idea), im talking about Batman: Arkham City :D which i think he could be used and done pretty well, get some good co-op in there

jaykhunter wrote: »
    And I don't know how you could make his costume look cool in films either :D

Easy!! Just put nipples on the suit. Waaaaaait.......

This game is based in Gotham city but's called Arkham city. Long time since I read Batman comics but is there such a place or are they just referencing that all the inmates took over gotham and turned it into their own city?

• Advertisement

i thought this robin suit was actually pretty cool

1.jpg

although I disagree with him not having a proper mask. You can see his entire facial structure; i think the haircut is a dead giveaway!! Then again it's all a bit of suspension of disbelief.

Are there any superhero TV-show/comic-book/film sidekicks that weren't there originally that worked out for the better?

Anyway, with Robin co-op, bags not being Robin! :D:D

Apparently the plot involves Two Face wanting to kill Catwoman.I'm pretty dissapointed that at this stage its more about Catwoman than Batman.The whole plot hasn't been revealed yet but i'm hoping its kept single player no-one wants to be Robin or Catwoman.Like BioShock & a few Others these games should be left Single Player maybe allow co-op in the Challenge Rooms or that.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭TheTosh

If they are going to do co-op missions I hope its in the form of DLC, like BFBC2 or RDR style where they have separate missions from the main storyline and it could even have a couple of villains exclusive to that DLC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

For those that are interested, there is an article on Gameinformer which talks about one of the easter eggs that was only mentioned/found recently when they released the Game of the Year edition.

Apparently, there is a secret room in Warden Sharpe's office/room. Check the video out in the link to find out what was inside and where it is.

spoilers:
    it's actually got some concept art in there for Arkham City

http://gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2010/08/09/arkham-asylums-secret-room.aspx

For those that are interested, there is an article on Gameinformer which talks about one of the easter eggs that was only mentioned/found recently when they released the Game of the Year edition.

Apparently, there is a secret room in Warden Sharpe's office/room. Check the video out in the link to find out what was inside and where it is.

spoilers:
    it's actually got some concept art in there for Arkham City

http://gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2010/08/09/arkham-asylums-secret-room.aspx

With all due respect but I found that secret room after reading about it in Xbox World 360 about 4 months ago its hardly a secret anymore,i'm not sure if it isn't in the normal edition aswell.Its after you beat Zsasz the 2nd time around if i'm not mistaken.It shows the Map of Arkham City & the Asylum.Hope the next few Secrets weren't found in Arkham Asylum yet.If they gave you clues to where they are with Riddles that'd be Awesome.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Some screenshots of the game have turned up, getting a look at Catwoman and Two-Face (and a tasty-looking Harley Quinn). He looks quite like The Dark Knight version:

http://www.eurogamer.net/gallery.php?game_id=12611&article_id=1247024

Good find!! Two Face looks class!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

PC Zone (the final edition) has a good spread about this. Some of it is sounding pretty cool and I ended up stopping myself from reading any more because I wanted to keep the game a surprise.

One thing I thought was cool is one of the baddies in it:
    Calender Man is in it, locked away in a room and he reads your system date and tells you things about that date. Apparently if you go back to him at specific dates you can find out more about his backstory.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭TheTosh

humanji wrote: »
    PC Zone (the final edition) has a good spread about this. Some of it is sounding pretty cool and I ended up stopping myself from reading any more because I wanted to keep the game a surprise.

One thing I thought was cool is one of the baddies in it:
    Calender Man is in it, locked away in a room and he reads your system date and tells you things about that date. Apparently if you go back to him at specific dates you can find out more about his backstory.

Awesome, he's one of my favourite villians

Multiplayer confirmed!!!!

http://www.gametrailers.com/news/batman-arkham-city-secrets/2445

Hopefully it's just for combat/predator challenges or a seperate co-op game. I think Rocksteady will definitely implement this in a way that it benefits the game and not just tac it on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,546 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I wouldn't want to play as a kid, and with Oracle in the game it means that it's not Grayson or Todd. Don't want to play as Damien, be happier with Nightwing, Red Robin, or possibly Red Hood(Todd).

When I was reading/watching Batman, there was no oracle, red robin or Damien. I know Oracle from the 1st game but who are the other 2?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,546 ✭✭✭✭Varik

sheehy83 wrote: »
    When I was reading/watching Batman, there was no oracle, red robin or Damien. I know Oracle from the 1st game but who are the other 2?

Damien
    Damien is the new robin and son of Bruce Wayne and Talia al Ghul

Red Robin
    this is Tim Drake who was the a Robin before Damien

Why the change
    Batman died(kinda), Grayson became the new Batman and Damien became Robin with Drake being Red Robin and spending his time trying to prove Bruce was alive

Varik wrote: »
    Damien
    Damien is the new robin and son of Bruce Wayne and Talia al Ghul

Red Robin
    this is Tim Drake who was the a Robin before Damien

Why the change
    Batman died(kinda), Grayson became the new Batman and Damien became Robin with Drake being Red Robin and spending his time trying to prove Bruce was alive

Thanks man!

Wow, i've been out of the loop for a while!! Did this happen in any particular series? Like Spiderman has Amzing, Spectacular & Ultimate, all with different stories. Can you recommend a good series of Batman for me to catch up? Last Batman I read was the Killing Joke which was just awesone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Now we have a pretty big preview courtesy of Game Informer here instead of just a teaser, we can get the ball rolling on the giddyness for the sequel to one of the most thoroughly enjoyable games Ive played in years.
    New setting,new characters,new moves.
    Lets roll :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I think they are starting the hype on this game way too early. It is still a year away and plenty of other games to get excited about in the mean time. It does look excellent though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Having extensively played the last Arkham and having read Batman for as long as I can remember, I can tell you this is one title I'm looking forward too, and I think we could be already looking at a new long running rival to the Grand Theft Auto series

The money they must be spending on this is phenomenal

batman3.jpg

Interesting to see there has been little images released of the Joker, other then the initial trailer...perhaps his role is a lot more secretarial this time around, with Two Face looking to get a lot of screen time

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭ga2k10

in the arkham asylum game there is a secret room in the wardens office i'm not sure where but there are vids on youtube showing you how to get in anyway in there is a map of the arkham city game its extremely cool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

its preety short and bruce sucker punches what appears to be sam fisher :P

http://www.gamingeverything.com/2010/12/batman_arkham_city_teaser_trailer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Oh Hell Yeah!!!!

Thank you kindly for that sir.........hopefully this is the first of what will be a string of teasers leading up to the game. Can't wait for this!

Advertisement