Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman Arkham City Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Tusky wrote: »
    Ordered the dealextreme one, thanks.
    It should be with you in time for the PC launch date! Since they have set up a UK distribution centre recently, it should be with you quicker that you think, if you're lucky that is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,546 ✭✭✭✭Varik

So no word on price in shops yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,855 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

• Registered Users Posts: 17 jack_gllghr

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Under the Red Hood was excellent! Any other Batman animated films like that besides Year One?

Well there's Gotham Knight but it's more like short stories featuring Batman sort of like what the Animatrix was to the Matrix. I hear Batman Beyond : Return of the Joker is really good :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Niallwithaz

Just thought I'd warn you guys in case you were tempted to watch, the Giant Bomb quicklook of this game has a massive spoiler within the first three minutes. I'm pretty sure its after ruining a major plot point for me. I think its time for a media blackout of this game until Friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Was in Gamestop today and its 55 euro.

The CE was 80 euro.
    If given the choice, why anyone would buy the game from Gamestop, v's HMV is beyond me.

I buy from gamestop as it's the only place in town for me,barring xtravision which is generally a bit more pricey.

But yea,if the choice is there,madness!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Thanks man, I've done well avoiding these spoilers im hearing about and don't want it wrecked now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,855 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Just thought I'd warn you guys in case you were tempted to watch, the Giant Bomb quicklook of this game has a massive spoiler within the first three minutes. I'm pretty sure its after ruining a major plot point for me. I think its time for a media blackout of this game until Friday.

Watched it and didn't see or hear any spoiler?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Niallwithaz

@ShaneU Lucky you. :) It was something said over the local surveillance radio that a prisoner is speaking over. I'll say no more in case I ruin it for somebody.

• Advertisement

LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA

l_695_600_C4705398-7DAE-4A96-9E66-4674815112EC.jpeg

I hear Batman Beyond : Return of the Joker is really good :D

It is, the batman beyond isn't the quit brooding type and there are some great scenes with him and the joker.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭LauraW7746

Just caved in and ordered the two face steelbook from shopto.net a few days ago they were incl the 1970s skin but I don't think they are anymore except for the pc version :( but on a lighter note it was dispatched like 5 mins after I ordered it so HOPEFULLY I will get it Friday. Still gonna try tescos Friday for the joker steelbook.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

Anybody know what skins and dlc the different shops have?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

GTR63 wrote: »
    Just finished the 2nd dvd in volume two of the animated series. 6 discs down 2 to go :(
    wish I could find the 3rd volume. When i'm done watching these i'm watching the films yep even the Adam West one (might skip the clooney one even if I had a crush on alicia silverstone when I was younger). Don't have Live at the moment so i'm pissed about the DLC,the Catwoman one in particular cause I preordered this aaaaages ago & was buying this new so a customer like me is getting screwed.

I love the Adam West Batman film, it's so funny. "Quick Robin, lets exit in a discrete fashion" followed by them exiting out of a window. :D Ohh and the game dispatched earlier on so hopefully i'll have it tomorrow. Although I won't be home till 8ish... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

If i go into a shop and ask for Batman Arkham City, i get batman yeah ? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,521 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

dreamers75 wrote: »
    If i go into a shop and ask for Batman Arkham City, i get batman yeah ? :confused:

Nope, you get Zumba Fitness for the Wii.

... of course you get Batman. Why do you ask?

Anyone seeing this calendar man trophy.

Takes a year to unlock unless you cheat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Mr E wrote: »

Do i get Catwoman with that one? Stupid amount of skins and crap for different shops

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman:_Arkham_City#Pre-order_bonuses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Mr E wrote: »

... of course you get Batman. Why do you ask?

Perhaps poster is buying it for a son or daughter or partner as a gift or something :confused:

Make sure you know if it's for playstation or xbox if that's the case OP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Do i get Catwoman with that one? Stupid amount of skins and crap for different shops

catwoman comes with all new games, but you have to pay extra for the catwoman dlc if you buy secondhand.

calex71 wrote: »
    Perhaps poster is buying it for a son or daughter or partner as a gift or something :confused:

Make sure you know if it's for playstation or xbox if that's the case OP

Also if the one you're getting it for is picky check which extra the shop is giving.

IGN costume videos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Damn, now I want it on PC;

grizzly wrote: »
    Damn, now I want it on PC;

I'll probably get it if it comes up in the steam sales.

Varik wrote: »
    I'll probably get it if it comes up in the steam sales.
    That's exactly what I did with Arkham Asylum. I saw it cheap in the shops and bought it for the PC after finishing it on the PS3. Now I actually own 3 copies of that game(another one on Steam when I bought the Eidos bundle). Such a great game.

Gamesnash just sent an email saying its dispatched. Cmon an post, run like the wind all night long. Doubt it will arrive tomorrow but will be very very nice if it does

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

When is it out on PC?

Didn't see any notices in game shops about PC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

When is it out on PC?

Didn't see any notices in game shops about PC

November 18th for the PC release in the EU.

I'll be grand picking this up in the sales. Not only will it look so much better than the console version, I'm pretty sure I read it comes with all the DLC too (I could be corrected) and none of the DRM Catwoman crap either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

So, anyone figure out why the pc version was delayed? Also couldn't a pc with a amd 3d card do all that physics stuff once the cpu was up to it?

• Advertisement

November 18th for the PC release in the EU.

I'll be grand picking this up in the sales. Not only will it look so much better than the console version, I'm pretty sure I read it comes with all the DLC too (I could be corrected) and none of the DRM Catwoman crap either.
    Em, I thought none of the DLC/costumes are coming to the PC version. Have no idea where I heard that but it might be worth investigating.

Advertisement