Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman Arkham City Thread

Comments

Ill be disappointed if I don't get it today to be honest.

It was dispatched yesterday by express post and I thought that guaranteed next day delivery?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Stuff your physx, I'm Batman!

It'll be worth it to see individual lovingly rendered broken teeth spray out of a thug's mouth when they get an armoured fist in the face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

Ill be disappointed if I don't get it today to be honest.

It was dispatched yesterday by express post and I thought that guaranteed next day delivery?

Express guarantees launch day delivery. Regular post can also deliver on launch day but it's not guaranteed.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

Its €43 in hmv

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

My collector's edition arrived from Gamestop anyway. It's pretty damn sweet. The game is in the back cover of the art book.

AcNMWZfCMAA_XHq.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Lame Lantern

Its €43 in hmv
    They selling it already?

Express guarantees launch day delivery. Regular post can also deliver on launch day but it's not guaranteed.

But surely if regular post has a 95% chance of next day delivery express post should be guaranteed?

Anyway i think I can wait another day.

Got a sweet keyring with it too that I didn't see mentioned anywhere. Happy out. It can go with my two other Batman keyrings!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

Just so people aren't worrying, my copy of BATMAN: ARKHAM CITY has arrived. I shall endeavour to enjoy it extra hard for those who will have nothing better to do than watch soaps this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Vadakin

Liamario wrote: »
    Just so people aren't worrying, my copy of BATMAN: ARKHAM CITY has arrived. I shall endeavour to enjoy it extra hard for those who will have nothing better to do than watch soaps this evening.

Mine just arrived too. I'd suggest having some form of celebration but I have things to do...like beat up thugs and make the streets of Gotham safe for the good people once more.

*loads game*

I'm Batman!!

No wait...apparently I'm Catwoman. Now I'm confused. Ha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,989 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Does HMV have the limited edition?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

HMV Grafton St have the price on the box, with a big sticker saying its out tomorrow. Im gonna drop by Dundrum later in the hopes that its put up for sale later this evening

Wondering if that 3D games place on grafton street could be convinced to sell it early. I'm sure the big chains wouldn't get away with it but these guys probably fly under the radar.

Wishful thinking?

Tried in there at lunch, no dice

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Frankmagnet

Anyone get it and there was no catwoman code inside? Thats the one I got. Seems to be a big F*** up when the codes were being packaged and printed.

Some games have more than one code, some have the voucher but no code printed on it and some have nothing at all inside the box.

My advice is, if possible, to get in HMV. 90% of the time they have the game/instructions/codes separate and only put them inside the box when your buying it. Im just gonna ask the guy nicely if I can check if mine has the code. Tbh im not starting the game with content missing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Notoriety, that CE looks class man! fair play for splashing out! Frank that sucks, really hope the code comes with my copy tomorrow, especially after hearing you should install it before playing the main game.

Markitron wrote: »
    Tried in there at lunch, no dice
    Damn. Running out of options here. Got my schedule moved around so I have tonight off but I'm working the late shift tomorrow and then Saturday as well.

Oh won't any major retail corporation stand up for the little guy?

Im passing that place again in 10 mins, ill stick my head again in and see if its on sale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Markitron wrote: »
    HMV Grafton St have the price on the box, with a big sticker saying its out tomorrow. Im gonna drop by Dundrum later in the hopes that its put up for sale later this evening

I was up there at lunch, no one is selling it until tomorrow and will not take anything to hold one. Game did say they have so many in stock (stock out +100 more at least in the stock room).
    Damn. Running out of options here. Got my schedule moved around so I have tonight off but I'm working the late shift tomorrow and then Saturday as well.

Oh won't any major retail corporation stand up for the little guy?

Both Gamestop and Smyths on Henry St are open at 12 tonight to sell it. That's where I'll be as my time is limited tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Vadakin

Anyone get it and there was no catwoman code inside? Thats the one I got. Seems to be a big F*** up when the codes were being packaged and printed.

Some games have more than one code, some have the voucher but no code printed on it and some have nothing at all inside the box.

There was no Batman Beyond skin code in mine. Slightly disappointing as I love that suit but everything else that was supposed to be there was there, including a Batman keychain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Speaking of Batman Beyond, I was watching return of the joker last night and just couldn't get into it. Never watched BB before but I take it little skinny shildish batman is bruces son? Didn't like the animation either, just ended up turning it off and putting on batman year one which I must preferred. Brian Cranston is brilliant in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Frankmagnet

Vadakin wrote: »
    There was no Batman Beyond skin code in mine. Slightly disappointing as I love that suit but everything else that was supposed to be there was there, including a Batman keychain.

Your lucky.

I must have gotten one of these ones:

http://www.1up.com/news/batman-arkham-city-catwoman-code-issues-looked-into

Both Gamestop and Smyths on Henry St are open at 12 tonight to sell it. That's where I'll be as my time is limited tomorrow.
    Sound, will head up that way tonight then.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Notoriety, that CE looks class man! fair play for splashing out! Frank that sucks, really hope the code comes with my copy tomorrow, especially after hearing you should install it before playing the main game.

Tis cool out! I'm a massive Batman fan and tis my birthday on Saturday so got it as a birthday present for myself! Don't pick up collector's editions that often unless they're really cool (or geeky!) and this one looked like one of the better ones. Happy out with it! Just half an hour more in work and I get to play it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I hope whoever got it today gets the RROD or the YLOD depending on your console of choice.... Ya bastards.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,178 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Just got my email from gamestop with my codes in it so hopefully arrives tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Dammit, mine didn't come.

Down to the post office this evening, so kick some asses.

The monster who took my game from me will soon learn that revenge is a dish... Best served cold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Just to check, anyone who got it today had it ordered on express right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,942 ✭✭✭✭Basq

That_Guy wrote: »
    I hope whoever got it today gets the RROD or the YLOD depending on your console of choice.... Ya bastards.
    Heh.. it's a good thing I got the Amstrad 1512 edition..

amstrad_pc1512_2s.jpg

Advertisement