Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman Arkham City Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,546 ✭✭✭✭Varik

NotorietyH wrote: »
    I'm not even playing it. I just have the game open so I can be smug to everyone on my PSN friends list :P

It really is vewy good though. Had forgotten just how feckin' fun the combat is. If I'm flying over a group of guys instead of just passing 'em I have to glide kick one of 'em and beat the crap out of all of them before gong on my merry way.

You're getting a strongly worder PSN message:mad:

Any Shock and awe equivalent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

I've been studiously avoiding any spoilers but could someone tell me what the deal is with the Catwwoman DLC? Why is it so important?

And where do you get it? I have it preordered with Gamestop. Will be picking it up in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭PaddyJules

Thanks WarzoneBrother - just worried that if I delete catwoman download that it wont let me download it again, as it states that only one download is allowed per code and I have already used that one up.

Not very related to the game but,

This guy wouldn't be a bad Hamill replacement, given that he's said he's retiring from the being the Crown Prince Of Crime.

Link to the guys youtube account http://www.youtube.com/user/Pgirts

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

I've been studiously avoiding any spoilers but could someone tell me what the deal is with the Catwwoman DLC? Why is it so important?

And where do you get it? I have it preordered with Gamestop. Will be picking it up in the morning.

Catwoman dlc comes with the game. Took the game home tuesday from work and you should download it before you play. Not gonna spoil anything by saying how relevant she is but it makes the game longer and if your like me, you wont want to stop playing. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Squaredude

main story finished.now to do all the side missions.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

How much is the collectors edition setting people back, and from where? The statue is class in fairness!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Niallwithaz

FutureGuy wrote: »
    How much is the collectors edition setting people back, and from where? The statue is class in fairness!

It's 70 euro in xtra-vision. Forgot to ask the price for the normal one when I went in earlier.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

I dont know if it has been mentioned on thread already but HMV Dundrum are doing a deal. Trade in Rage and get Batman for €1.99. Saw this earlier on the way to the cinema, its safe to say Rage is gone. Never got into that game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭Jofspring

ktulu123 wrote: »
    I dont know if it has been mentioned on thread already but HMV Dundrum are doing a deal. Trade in Rage and get Batman for €1.99. Saw this earlier on the way to the cinema, its safe to say Rage is gone. Never got into that game!

Considering GameStop where only offering 19.99 for RAGE on trade in, that's excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭madds

Basq wrote: »
    Bah.. I picked up AA on day of release for €50 from Smyths and it was worth every penny.

Pre-ordered AC from TheHut for €40 with a free Blu-ray's of both Batman Begins and The Dark Knight.

While it was great value, I want it NOW NOW NOW! :(

Ordered from there also and just received an email today it will be delivered within 10-15 days..!!! :o

Edit - I see you got the same email.

Squaredude wrote: »
    main story finished.now to do all the side missions.

Whats the play time?.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

I think theres a free t-shirt with it too. That might just be tomorrow while stocks last though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Squaredude

Whats the play time?.
    Its long enough.couldnt really put a time on it.being playing it on and off for the last week.being doin a lot of arsin about on it.i'll say one thing though do it on hard i did it on normal and wasnt really that challenging.great game though.Only 35% complete overall so i've a long way to go yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

PaddyJules wrote: »
    Thanks WarzoneBrother - just worried that if I delete catwoman download that it wont let me download it again, as it states that only one download is allowed per code and I have already used that one up.

this is not the case.. that only means code used once, if you go to ps store then download history at top right you can redownload everything..

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

Whats the play time?.

Main story was roughly around 15-20 hours. Add another 4 for sidequests and and another 10-15 for all 440 trophies and the challenge modes. There is a ton of stuff to do. For a game that has no online functionalilty and aint an rpg, it is massive. And if you know the comics then there are loads of great little nods and surprises. Some characters were abit dissapointing but they get so much right that its a very minor negative.

Its a true goddamn batman simulator

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

Been playing this all day. There is so much going on in it. I have to complete a side mission before moving on to main mission in any game I play but this is ridiculous! These side missions are like main quests, bloody brilliant!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

where's the cheapest place to buy this in dublin? (360, regular edition). And do u get the catwoman DLC with every new purchase or is that the collector's edition?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

You get the catwoman dlc with every new purchase. dunno bout the cheapest place though

• Registered Users Posts: 26 happyfounder

search on play.com , FP,DX

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Are game still offering Batman for €2 when you trade in GOW3?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,178 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Bah didnt arrive, my own fault for ordering it last minute from gamestop and not going express post.
    Would it be possible for me to go and buy it in HMV so i can play it this weekend and then return my unopened gamestop copy to HMV or gamestop on monday when it arrives?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Really love it so far. It's just such a well created world and there's a tonne to do it. Won't get much of a chance to play it again till Sunday but, enjoyed the hell out of my first few hours with it. Once you get used to getting around the city it's fantastic, barely touching the ground. Love landing in the middle of a huge crowd and taking them all out.

VinLieger wrote: »
    Bah didnt arrive, my own fault for ordering it last minute from gamestop and not going express post.
    Would it be possible for me to go and buy it in HMV so i can play it this weekend and then return my unopened gamestop copy to HMV or gamestop on monday when it arrives?

Think the last time I did that was san andreas, but aren't hmv game not wrapped. don't know their return policy but I'd day symthes are the best got this sort of sneakyness. You'll be taking a chance on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Mine arrived this morning....Codes emailed yesterday.

Hopefully get on it at some stage....

Unsubbing from thread now, just in case of spoilers, managed to stay clear of them so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭ahe316

Bought it on my way into work this am. Now I'm looking at in on my desk for the next 7 hours AND I'm out tonight so won't be getting stuck in till morning, (or late tonight in a boozy haze). Stupid work! Stupid going out!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,178 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Varik wrote: »
    Think the last time I did that was san andreas, but aren't hmv game not wrapped. don't know there return policy but I'd day symthes are the best got this sort of sneakyness. You'll be taking a chance on it.

Well i suppose i could just return it to a gamestop brick and mortar on monday but dunno how that will work with the codes sent by email

ahe316 wrote: »
    Bought it on my way into work this am. Now I'm looking at in on my desk for the next 7 hours AND I'm out tonight so won't be getting stuck in till morning, (or late tonight in a boozy haze). Stupid work! Stupid going out!:mad:

I'll be out in another 3 hours, grab game on way back which is only a 5 min detour and be playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Thats a deadshot cameo in the opening bit right???

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Anyone know how much Xtravision are selling this for?

Advertisement