Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman Arkham City Thread

Comments

• Anyone know how much Xtravision are selling this for?
    49.99 with a poster lad.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,007 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I hadn't planned to buy this till it came down in price but low and behold I open my e-mail and it has been sent to me as a gift on Steam. I know its 3 weeks away but am really looking forward to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 226 ✭✭Chrizfitz

Well looks like xtra vision are leaving the catwoman dlc in the boxes on the shelves, nip down now to grab yours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Chrizfitz wrote: »
    Well looks like xtra vision are leaving the catwoman dlc in the boxes on the shelves, nip down now to grab yours.
    Good lord. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

Chrizfitz wrote: »
    Well looks like xtra vision are leaving the catwoman dlc in the boxes on the shelves, nip down now to grab yours if you're a scumbag
    FYP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Anyone know of any differences between the PS3 or 360 versions. Wondering which platform to get it for.

Anyone know of any differences between the PS3 or 360 versions. Wondering which platform to get it for.
    Here's a comparison video. Not too much of a difference if you ask me.

If you want, you can wait until the Digital Foundry to do their usual comparison.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

IGN had a video up and the difference is negligable - even arsey youtube commenters thought it was the same! Just get it for the platform you usually play on, your friends are on, or best yet, the controller you prefer. I also like installing it to my Xbox HDD (and prefer the controller) and cross-game chat if needs be :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

just rented this now. will be playing in 2mins
    Bloody patches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

My Copy just arrived, thanks Gamesnash!!

fap%20fap%20fap.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

.............got the Collectors edition for the Dark Knight costume.
    PS3 wont connect to internet. ERROR 80710102.
    Used tons of forums even the http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/1593193?start=0&tstart=0

Rang vodafone. Sent to http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Huawei/HG556a/PS3_Batman_Arkham_Asylum.htm

.................Tis depressing. Will have to play it wothout the catwoman missions and other content.:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

Feckers the lot of ye :P

Ah crap. It doesn't look like it will be getting to me anytime soon. I thought I was being smart by getting it delivered to my girlfriend in the UK who's coming home tomorrow. Since Amazon tend to make it here on the Monday/Tuesday after launch. Since she wont be at home to collect the game she wont be able to bring it with her. Oh well. I'll have to wait I suppose. :mad::( Here's hoping the post box is big enough to fit the package.

If the PC version had of been released today I would have bought that today to get me through until the Ps3 version arrived. But now I'll have neither anytime soon, I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,962 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Just got the Xtravision Collector's Edition for PS3. Anyone who dares disturb me tonight wins a Limited Edition Batman figure. To the face.

cursai wrote: »
    .............got the Collectors edition for the Dark Knight costume.
    PS3 wont connect to internet. ERROR 80710102.
    Used tons of forums even the http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/1593193?start=0&tstart=0

Rang vodafone. Sent to http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Huawei/HG556a/PS3_Batman_Arkham_Asylum.htm

.................Tis depressing. Will have to play it wothout the catwoman missions and other content.:o
    This link here can tell you what the error code means, but I'd imagine you already knew what it meant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Just bought it in HMV for €43. TWO SHOPS DOWN Gamestop are selling for for FIFTY-FIVE EUROS. Fuck me.

btw, download the Catwoman pack before playing the game, works for me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

For those who have played it, what's the verdict so far? Thinking of picking this up to keep me busy until battlefield 3 next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Just bought it in HMV for €43. TWO SHOPS DOWN Gamestop are selling for for FIFTY-FIVE EUROS. Fuck me.

btw, download the Catwoman pack before playing the game, works for me :)

Did the same and also got a free t-shirt with the game:D.

Game and Gamestop both have it priced at €54.99 , it just goes to show that it pays to shop around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,546 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Got it in game for 55, would have gone to HMV if i'd known that and wait for the DLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭ahe316

Got mine in Game too, it was handiest and had some points to reduce the price. Comes with Robin dlc -WOW!!

So what's the recommendation - get the Catwoman dlc before lauching campaign. Is that direct from PSN. Why?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

The collectors edition does not come with a box for the fcuking disc. Bullsh!t way of preventing second hand sales imo. If I had known that I wouldn't have shelled 70 euro for the collectors edition today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ah thats a bit crap man, even to add it to the rest of your games on the shelf. Statue looks class tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,962 ✭✭✭✭Penn

FutureGuy wrote: »
    The collectors edition does not come with a box for the fcuking disc. Bullsh!t way of preventing second hand sales imo. If I had known that I wouldn't have shelled 70 euro for the collectors edition today.

Whoa... That sucks. As sheehy83 said, even just to put the game on the shelf. Can't put the entire box up, especially if the figure is take out.

Yeah, I probably would have gone for the regular edition if I'd known that.

Ah well, too late now.

Anyone know what size file the Catwoman DLC is? Might play it first but slow connection at home and don't want to wait for it to download

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,546 ✭✭✭✭Varik

217MB for Catwoman

114MB for Robin

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭bigred100

Penn wrote: »
    Whoa... That sucks. As sheehy83 said, even just to put the game on the shelf. Can't put the entire box up, especially if the figure is take out.

Yeah, I probably would have gone for the regular edition if I'd known that.

Ah well, too late now.

Anyone know what size file the Catwoman DLC is? Might play it first but slow connection at home and don't want to wait for it to download

217MB

This game is absolutely staggering. A landmark in console gaming. The city is just epic. I can tell I won't be buying any other games this side of Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Wow 55 in GAME :O.. I am shocked... Is the Catwoman DLC in xtravision version?.. May head to Monaghan and try get it for 50 in GAME to price match or get in xtravision if they say no..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭Sparko

I was just down in Xtravision Ashbourne having a nosy around, and noticed this game in the 360 preowned section for €40. Was quite surprised to see it there but decided to buy it. Turns out they got too many rental copies or something so the supplier told them to sell the extra ones as pre-owned, but for all intents and purposes it's brand new. Delighted with my find, now to play it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

got me interweb working again on psn. Have to restart game and download catwoman and the rest so i can play the extra story mission.......don't mind ONE bit.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Wow 55 in GAME :O.. I am shocked... Is the Catwoman DLC in xtravision version?.. May head to Monaghan and try get it for 50 in GAME to price match or get in xtravision if they say no..

All new copies of the game from any shop should come with the Catwoman DLC

EDIT: And if the box is not sealed check it at the counter to make sure its in there.

Advertisement