Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman Arkham City Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

This link here can tell you what the error code means, but I'd imagine you already knew what it meant.

Thank anyway bobs. just kept on resetting the modem. took a while but whatever jink was there its gone now. Time to download everything and start again now.:D Old man batman here i come. No game box with the collectors edition here either. B'stards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

marco_polo wrote: »
    All new copies of the game from any shop should come with the Catwoman DLC

EDIT: And if the box is not sealed check it at the counter to make sure its in there.

Thanks, but does the Batman Robin EDT from GAME come with catwoman too?.. I aint sure, so better off with xtravision then as catwoman is worth more.. Thanks alot :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Thanks, but does the Batman Robin EDT from GAME come with catwoman too?.. I aint sure, so better off with xtravision then as catwoman is worth more.. Thanks alot :)

I can confirm that Catwoman DLC comes with the Robin edition. I got a copy during lunch. The Catwoman DLC btw, is in all copies purchased new.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,178 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

NOOOOOO just got my confirmation code that my copy has shipped from gamestop, this means that due to my stupidity of ordering it too late and not choosing express i most likely wont receive it till tuesday.......... nobody is allowed enjoy themselves while playing it till then!!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

It seems to according to ahe316's post earlier.

EDIT: Oops misread the question though you were asking if the GAME version came with the Robin DLC. As I said previously no matter where you buy the game comes with the the Catwoman DLC. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

why do people bother preordering new releases.

preorder=slight chance of day of release, most likely the next week
    dont preorder= walk in and buy it on launch day, have choise of retailers giving best price.

unless its some crazy limited edition then just buy it on launch day.

VinLieger wrote: »
    NOOOOOO just got my confirmation code that my copy has shipped from gamestop, this means that due to my stupidity of ordering it too late and not choosing express i most likely wont receive it till tuesday.......... nobody is allowed enjoy themselves while playing it till then!!!!

If you have the extra funds buy it in store.. (Same edition) and leave back when your order from gamestop comes.. Make sure that they will refund you cash though (say its birthday present and not sure if he/she will like it) Worth a shot

krudler wrote: »

dont preorder= walk in and buy it on launch day, have choise of retailers giving best price.

I did it cus i thought i wouldnt get it anywhere cheaper then today found out HMV were selling in store for same price, kicking myself now. But look at Battlefield 3 for instance, Gamestop are offering it for PC at 30 euro if you order it online with all the limited edition stuff plus the pre-order bonus stuff if you pre-order it, thats why people do it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,546 ✭✭✭✭Varik

What is the first level when you don't have catwoman.

If you have the extra funds buy it in store.. (Same edition) and leave back when your order from gamestop comes.. Make sure that they will refund you cash though (say its birthday present and not sure if he/she will like it) Worth a shot

Already checked that they will only give credit unfortunately, my local xtra vision has a rental copy available still so might just hop down there in a bit

• Advertisement

Xtravision giving me 30euro for Resistance 3 so only costing me 20euro for Batman :p Not so bad, only paid 46euro for my Resistance also and will probably get it cheaper in few months when I do want to go back to it..

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

Anybody else having this problem?
    After getting to the part where you have to put the crane through the Joker's door in the loading bay area, the crane won't come back out. I've shot the AC motor so many times but it still doesn't come back out. I thought I was missing something so had a look at a few videos on YouTube and they all just seem to shoot it once and it comes back out. I've started a new game and got the same thing. Don't know what's going on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

PaddyBomb wrote: »
    Anybody else having this problem?
    After getting to the part where you have to put the crane through the Joker's door in the loading bay area, the crane won't come back out. I've shot the AC motor so many times but it still doesn't come back out. I thought I was missing something so had a look at a few videos on YouTube and they all just seem to shoot it once and it comes back out. I've started a new game and got the same thing. Don't know what's going on.
    shoot the crane again but with R2 instead of R1

Guys how do you put on the dlc costumes. ive started the game and on catwomans first fight but no option appearred for the dark knight costume. ive downloaded and installed it and it appears in the gallery

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

cursai wrote: »
    Guys how do you put on the dlc costumes. ive started the game and on catwomans first fight but no option appearred for the dark knight costume. ive downloaded and installed it and it appears in the gallery

The costumes aren't usable until after you've completed the game once. You can use them in the challenge rooms though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

krudler wrote: »

Every game I've pre-ordered from Ireland based websites I've got before release day. Also didn't have to leave the house to get 'em.

Oops double post sorry!

NotorietyH wrote: »
    The costumes aren't usable until after you've completed the game once. You can use them in the challenge rooms though.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why did i pay the extra for the CE. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Goddamnit, right; time to unsubscribe to this thread until mid November & the game comes out on the PC. Oh well, I can wait if it means superior graphics ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

November 15th for PCs. i saw a video on youtube showing the difference between a pc and a pc with some fancy graphics card, which really upped the amount of garbage/flying debris, was pretty cool but not essential lol. how much did your PC cost overall?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

No manual?
    The box feels a bit light without it :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

pixelburp wrote: »
    Goddamnit, right; time to unsubscribe to this thread until mid November & the game comes out on the PC. Oh well, I can wait if it means superior graphics ;)

No way in hell I am waiting three weeks , and since I have a sans DX11 and Physx ATI card anyway I won't be missing out on a too much really :p.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

2 hours in. I'm Loving every single moment of it! Nearly jizz of awesome-ness on the opening of the game. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

I didn't preorder but I just bought it in GameStop and got handed a sheet with three preorder codes. Nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

No manual?
    The box feels a bit light without it :(

Yeah, no "manual" as such in the regular version, just a the catwoman DLC, an empty slip with xbla crap, and other w/ ads for Batman other games/blurays. Not impressed at all. What happened to proper games manuals? :mad: Not asking for much, is 10 pages too much to ask!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Macker1

It's 70 euro in xtra-vision. Forgot to ask the price for the normal one when I went in earlier.

Thanks for that info. Was in work last night but called by Xtravision this afternoon and picked up the collecters edition for 70 blips :D

Smyths down the road are charging 80 blips :(

Having a chinese takeout for dinner and then its a night of "I'm Batman"

Happy days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just finished the opening. Epic is an massive understatement! Brilliant seeing
    Black Mask fighting off the guards at the start

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

The Riddler challenges definitely feel like they are going to take a lot longer than the last game....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

That Calendar Man trophy is psycho!
    Takes a whole year to get it, or a little tweaking of the system clock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭CptMackey

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Just finished the opening. Epic is an massive understatement! Brilliant seeing
    Black Mask fighting off the guards at the start

Just played the same. What s start! This is lining up to be epic. Herself is away tomorrow and sun. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

This game is beautiful.

Advertisement