Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman Arkham City Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

sheehy83 wrote: »

Brilliant so far, Just quality in every area. It can be a bit overwhelming with the size of the open area and amount of things to do but thats better than a game with noting to do. Dark, did you play arkham asylum? that was my GOTY when that came out so I might be a bit biased with this one.

Oh, and I never knew North did the Penguin haha

Think it's a definite purchase today so! :D yeah I enjoyed Arkham Asylum quite a lot, but remember wishing for even just a bit of time in Gotham. This sounds perfect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Does anybody know the list of games that Xtravision are looking for by chance? Their offer is to trade in two games and get the game for free. Can't see the list from their site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

Help I can't download the cat woman pack :(
    Error 80929519

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Smarmy

Great game, really enjoying it. Played for 4 or 5 hours last night but still haven't really got my bearings.

Does anyone know what you press to solve the riddler question marks? I've come across a few and matched them up but I've no idea what to press to solve it. In Arkham Asylum you long pressed rb/r1 but that doesn't seem to work here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Am i the only one finding the controls a bit clunky? :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,546 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Am i the only one finding the controls a bit clunky? :/

yep, when the camera moves as your close to a building pisses me off but other than that i like it.

Anyone know if there's an issue with "pay your respects" trophy, i doing it but it won't work

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭ADarkKnight88

Varik wrote: »
    Anyone know if there's an issue with "pay your respects" trophy, i doing it but it won't work

Ya u gotta let it play out completely when you press A to pay your respects...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

So i have been following this game abit since release. The platforming and exploration aspects of the game seem really good but there is one single thing that seems pretty shallow. The combat. Judging from video reviews and gameplay trailer it seems that its X to attack and Y to counter. Tell me im wrong cause i was gonna pick this up (after pricedrop, to many other games to play) but this is kinda a deal breaker...

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭CrazyFish

Loving it so far. Ploughing through the main story first and will come back later to do riddler trophies and side quests.
    Anyone else get stuck when you first enter Gotham police station and you clear the first room out. Spent about a half an hour walking around and eventually coped on to leave the building.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

That_Guy wrote: »
    Does anybody know the list of games that Xtravision are looking for by chance? Their offer is to trade in two games and get the game for free. Can't see the list from their site.

All pretty much brand new games, listed in the small print. FIFA 12 and Resistance 3 are two that I remember.

EDIT: Small print of the in store poster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

So i have been following this game abit since release. The platforming and exploration aspects of the game seem really good but there is one single thing that seems pretty shallow. The combat. Judging from video reviews and gameplay trailer it seems that its X to attack and Y to counter. Tell me im wrong cause i was gonna pick this up (after pricedrop, to many other games to play) but this is kinda a deal breaker...

huh? the combat in both AA and this is brilliant, you can just button mash if you want but perfectly timing strikes and counters and using your gadgets is what makes it so good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

The 3D in this game is actually kind of pointless.. Was expecting alot more from this game :(..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

3D is actually kind of pointless..

Fixed your post

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭PaddyJules

Me too subway - can not install Catwoman.

I have downloaded it ok but when I try to install it tells me data is corrupt. Have just rang playstation support and they reckon that it could be the internet speed that is the problem (we have mobile broadband) - is that what you have subway? But not too sure if that is the problem or not. So frustrating and annoying.

Has anyone installed the catwoman dlc code during the game and was there any problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

PaddyJules wrote: »

I have downloaded it ok but when I try to install it tells me data is corrupt. Have just rang playstation support and they reckon that it could be the internet speed that is the problem (we have mobile broadband) - is that what you have subway? But not too sure if that is the problem or not. So frustrating and annoying.

Has anyone installed the catwoman dlc code during the game and was there any problems.

sems to work fine if you install it before you start the game, i did that and works perfectly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

no problems here installing it either

it seems to be a warner brother problem though

http://www.qj.net/ps3/games/arkham-city-having-dlc-launch-issues.html

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭agentgreen

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Just bought it in HMV for €43. TWO SHOPS DOWN Gamestop are selling for for FIFTY-FIVE EUROS. Fuck me.

btw, download the Catwoman pack before playing the game, works for me :)
    Hi,

Bought this in HMV too, do you've to pay for the catwoman DLC?

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ya the beauty in the combat is getting your combo up, bats starts pulling off crazy moves, really smooth and free flowing. This game actually reminds me of spiderman 2, especially as catwoman, when your running across rooftops, leap off and then throw your whip/ batclaw up and grab another rooftop. loving this game!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,521 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

agentgreen wrote: »
    Hi,

Bought this in HMV too, do you've to pay for the catwoman DLC?

Thanks.

No, its free. You should have a card inside the box with a 25 character code to redeem (if Xbox). The DLC is a 250mb download which will happen automatically when you enter the code.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭agentgreen

Mr E wrote: »
    No, its free. You should have a card inside the box with a 25 character code to redeem (if Xbox). The DLC is a 250mb download which will happen automatically when you enter the code.
    Cool, thanks, I've a PS3.

• Advertisement

PaddyJules wrote: »

krudler wrote: »
    sems to work fine if you install it before you start the game, i did that and works perfectly

No, I've 100mb cable connection. It won't even let download.
    How do I contact ps support?

Formatted the drive and everything is working now. Lost my save tho:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

gosh this seems like a PS issue. Are 360 people having this problem w/ the Catwoman DLC too?

this is pretty crap tbh. Rocksteady should make the Catwoman DLC or the Robic DLC available to everyone to atone for messing up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Did everyone have to download a 17mb patch?

Mine came yesterday and im finally getting around to playing it today since I had to wait for the girlfriend to bring it home to me from the UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

jaykhunter wrote: »
    gosh this seems like a PS issue. Are 360 people having this problem w/ the Catwoman DLC too?

this is pretty crap tbh. Rocksteady should make the Catwoman DLC or the Robic DLC available to everyone to atone for messing up.

Nope. I started playing while catwoman was downloading and I got an error
    Message and the game crashed. But once I rebooted everything was fine and I just started a new game.

That was on 360

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Installed the game onto the hard drive (PS3), downloaded and installed all the DLC I got with it, then started it. No problems straight through to clearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

For anyone who hasn't bought arkham city yet:
    Game are offering arkham city for 99c when you trade in selected games.
    Hmv are selling gears of war 3 for €41.98.
    So you can trade that in game and get arkham city with the robin dlc for €42.97! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭Ridley

I wonder how much
    The Riddler design was influenced by that David Tennant
    Dark Knight Rises fan poster?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

The 3D in this game is actually kind of pointless.. Was expecting alot more from this game :(..

I dunno, I think it makes it really immersive when moving around the city! It's my first 3d game though and I like that it isn't overly done by popping stuff out of the screen at you every few mins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Remouad wrote: »
    For anyone who hasn't bought arkham city yet:
    Game are offering arkham city for 99c when you trade in selected games.
    Hmv are selling gears of war 3 for €41.98.
    So you can trade that in game and get arkham city with the robin dlc for €42.97! :)
    Why go to all the hassle for the sake of one euro?

Advertisement