Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman Arkham City Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

9479844.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

danthefan wrote: »
    If I got this on the PC when it comes out should I be able to play it with a PS3 controller would anyone know?

yes, you'll need a bit of software called DS3Tool, but you can

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

so is the game good guys? will probably end up buying it for the pc during xmas if it is

so is the game good guys? will probably end up buying it for the pc during xmas if it is

Only played bout 20 mins , its not just the best comic book game ever made , its one of the best games period!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

I completed the game last night/yesterday morning.
    Really good, but I don't think it surpassed the original in terms of story (main campaign). I'd put them on par.
    There are a hell of a lot of riddler trophies and riddles to collect, but in terms of other side missions, I have to say it's lacking.
    A few of them involve some detective work which can be more luck than anything else and then when you collect all the pieces of evidence, the conclusion is disappointing.

Next game has to be set in Gotham City itself. There is no getting away from it. As big as Arkham City is, it feels a little empty in terms of actual crime fighting you do.

• Advertisement

haha_Superman_Plays_Joker.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Just got it, fairly excited now. Didn't enjoy the intro as much as Arkham Asylum which was just awesome still i'm interested to see how it all fits together. I'm Batman now according to the acheevo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Ending was quite sad :(

Healium wrote: »

Come on, it's been out 2 days. Don't spoil it for people who haven't reached it yet. They won't know what to expect from the ending, and you've just given them a fair idea of the kind of tone it's going to take :mad:

Please put spoiler tags in your post. I'll delete mine once you do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Healium wrote: »

Story finished. Was pretty good but not as good as AA. Too many cooks, I think.

I have 240/440 Riddler Challenges done and all side missions. Once I 100%, I'll move onto NG+ and then the challenge maps.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,007 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Spoiler tags please :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

DarkJager wrote: »
    Cheers man. I still dont see a point to it though. Why should I pay 50 quid just to be directed to a website to viewinstructions for use? I expect my games to come with instructions and I couldn't care less about saving the planet.

From now on any developer that doesn't include a booklet is simply never getting my cash again.

couldnt care less about manuals, who reads them? nearly every game has a tutorial mode or the first section or level explain the controls, sure Arkham has tutortial videos that show you exactly how things work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

krudler wrote: »
    couldnt care less about manuals, who reads them? nearly every game has a tutorial mode or the first section or level explain the controls, sure Arkham has tutortial videos that show you exactly how things work

Not the point, it's a cost thing. I never read them either :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,607 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Should I play the first game?or could I just dive straight into this one?

I'd play the 1st one its cheap enough now & a great game too. You start off this game with most of the weapons you ended Arkham Asylum with & the story continues a few themes too.
    I'm about 3 hours in enjoying it so far but it seems to be throwing me from Villian to Villian i've just bumped into & stuck a bit on "tiny" hope that isn't a spoiler.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Anyone spot the LOST reference? Saw that one coming after the first sentence :D
    Come on, it's been out 2 days. Don't spoil it for people who haven't reached it yet. They won't know what to expect from the ending, and you've just given them a fair idea of the kind of tone it's going to take :mad:

Please put spoiler tags in your post. I'll delete mine once you do.
    Don't be daft, I haven't spoiled anything. Considering Rocksteady revealed pretty much every character before the game released, and readers of IGN and Kotaku got a MASSIVE spoiler in the title of a news article, I don't think saying the ending was "sad" is a spoiler. People post actual spoilers in other threads here without the tags - I know I've been a victim once or twice :o

It's Batman, it's Gotham City, you're hardly expecting sunshine and lollipops. Of course the ending is going to be somewhat-gloomy. If that's somehow ruining the ending, well, you've got some strange expectations from this game. People posted similar comments in the Gears Of War 3 thread. Nobody complained, because it's Gears Of War, and there's clearly going to be a lot of depressing events.

Er, Oracle and Batman, Harley and Joker, and Robin and Nightwing have a triple wedding and the street lighting budget for Arkham City gets dramatically increased. Oh, and there's a double rainbow at the end.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,607 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

GTR63 wrote: »
    I'd play the 1st one its cheap enough now & a great game too. You start off this game with most of the weapons you ended Arkham Asylum with & the story continues a few themes too.
    I'm about 3 hours in enjoying it so far but it seems to be throwing me from Villian to Villian i've just bumped into & stuck a bit on "tiny" hope that isn't a spoiler.

cool,are the boss fights tough?in either game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

Ra's Al Ghul
    = Most epic boss battles I've ever had in gaming!

cool,are the boss fights tough?in either game?

The boss fights aren't that tough in Arkham Asylum some are shallow as a puddle tbh which lets down the great package a tiny bit. Can't speak for Arkham City only a few hours into it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,962 ✭✭✭✭Penn

krudler wrote: »

Haven't read a manual in years. And even after 10 hours into Arkham City, it's still giving tips for moves during combat. And anything about the backstory of the game which would normally be in a manual is in the game.

Can never understand this fascination with manuals. If there was something you needed in a manual, there'd be a manual. If there's no manual, you don't need one. Buy an air freshener if you like smelling things

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

just past the
    ra's al ghul boss fight
    . enjoying it, but I'm not doing any of the side missions at all, just tearing through the story. The only side mission I did was the AR to get the grapnel boost (and I only did that after reading about it here.

To be honest I'll probably get through the story and that will be that. This just isn't grabbing my attention as much as AA. Anyone else feeling like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

Nearly finished the story now and I'm still really enjoying it. The one thing I miss about AA is the Scarecrow missions :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

The first one is amazing. It's fractionally better than the new one, IMO, purely because the smaller scale made it more atmospheric and focussed.

The second is an amazing achievement in its scope and scale but falls slightly short of the original, IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭coadyd

Hi Guys , anyone know how much I'd get if i trade Batman AC in for BF3

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Thedogsgone

Try Game...I Got Arkham city for 99c when I traded in GOW 3 and the chap in the shop said they may be doing something similar for Battlefied and MW3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,962 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Have most of the side missions done now. Mostly just have to hunt for Riddler secrets and try get Riddler trophies, and keep my eye out for certain other things related to some side missions
    Watcher in the Wings and Identity Theft. I know who both are, just have to keep an eye out for the next part of those missions.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Sesudra

I finished this yesterday evening. I loved the game but
    can't help but feel a bit disapointed. I wasn't playing non stop and I did a fair few of the side missions along the way, as well as having the Catwoman DLC but I was expecting it to be longer! It kind of felt like in adding in all the side missions,they didn't have as much time to put into the main storyline.Also, the final boss fight with Clayface felt very rushed,and then bang,the game was over!At least theres extra Catwoman stuff to do,as well as the side missions I didn't finish and the challenge rooms! I just expected more from the main story.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭CiaranTheGreat

Just wondering for people who preordered with gamestop. Did you get a code for gotham city imposters??

I did but when i try to redeem it says the code is invalid. Will this code become valid when the game is released??

Penn wrote: »
    Have most of the side missions done now. Mostly just have to hunt for Riddler secrets and try get Riddler trophies[/SPOILER]

I'm starting to make progress through the side missions now too, i'm purposely leaving the riddler trophies and the challenge room medals till last, as those were the biggest time drain for me in the last game.

Speaking of riddler trophies, has anybody sussed out how the riddler informants thing works? I know i need to interrogate them etc, that's grand, but i've accidentally KO'd a few of them in combat before i got a chance to get the info out of them. Does that mean I've permanently lost my chance to put the trophies for that area on the map, or does another informant randomly appear somewhere nearby a bit later or something?

Do they show up completely randomly in each area, or is there some system to how they work, or a map showing where they can be found? It seems like the kind of thing that's going to drive me nuts if I've missed one or 2 of them and I'm scouring the city looking for the last few trophies to get 100%.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Just wondering for people who preordered with gamestop. Did you get a code for gotham city imposters??

I did but when i try to redeem it says the code is invalid. Will this code become valid when the game is released??

It seems like a beta code. The game itself isn't out for a few months but a beta is due to be starting soon enough so I suspect it's for that.

Advertisement