Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman Arkham City Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭CiaranTheGreat

chrislad wrote: »
    Just wondering for people who preordered with gamestop. Did you get a code for gotham city imposters??

I did but when i try to redeem it says the code is invalid. Will this code become valid when the game is released??

It seems like a beta code. The game itself isn't out for a few months but a beta is due to be starting soon enough so I suspect it's for that.
    Ah grand thanks for the help. Game only arrived an hour ago and I'm in work at 1 til 10! Gonna be a long day!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,962 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I'm starting to make progress through the side missions now too, i'm purposely leaving the riddler trophies and the challenge room medals till last, as those were the biggest time drain for me in the last game.

Speaking of riddler trophies, has anybody sussed out how the riddler informants thing works? I know i need to interrogate them etc, that's grand, but i've accidentally KO'd a few of them in combat before i got a chance to get the info out of them. Does that mean I've permanently lost my chance to put the trophies for that area on the map, or does another informant randomly appear somewhere nearby a bit later or something?

Do they show up completely randomly in each area, or is there some system to how they work, or a map showing where they can be found? It seems like the kind of thing that's going to drive me nuts if I've missed one or 2 of them and I'm scouring the city looking for the last few trophies to get 100%.

No, there are a few areas where I've interrogated the informants enough that nothing new is added to the map for that area, but there are still Riddler informants in that area. I don't think they count towards completion, more so they can just help you find Riddler Trophies which do count towards completion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Cleared the story for anyone worried it drops you right back into the city to complete the side missions and riddles stuff.

Stuck here on side mission
    Im stuck on Riddler rescue missions, 2nd part the lad on the street at the church, i beat the crap out of everyone but he vanished. Now im stuck with the objective marker pointing to that spot but hes not there. He was there when i 1st approached now hes gone :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Is this being released on PC?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,007 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Is this being released on PC?

November 17th/18th I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Bought it on Saturday, my brother has been playing it more than me, I'm still near the start. I was a little shocked when he told me he had finished the campaign already, he hasn't been putting in mammoth hours at all.

Was Arkham Asylum a bigger game in terms of campaign? I appreciate all the effort put into sidequests and challenge maps, but I really was hoping for a pretty meaty story.

Agree with a lot of comments so far, especially regarding the bombardment of on-screen information, it takes a while to get used to.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Cleared the story for anyone worried it drops you right back into the city to complete the side missions and riddles stuff.

Stuck here on side mission
    Im stuck on Riddler rescue missions, 2nd part the lad on the street at the church, i beat the crap out of everyone but he vanished. Now im stuck with the objective marker pointing to that spot but hes not there. He was there when i 1st approached now hes gone :(
    Look on the walls in that area. There should be a green Riddler question mark on the wall. Go over to it and it should prompt you to press X (or A on 360). There's a door behind the wall. That should be it anyway, I can't remember having to beat up anyone in particular, just whoever was there as they saw me when I landed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Bought it on Saturday, my brother has been playing it more than me, I'm still near the start. I was a little shocked when he told me he had finished the campaign already, he hasn't been putting in mammoth hours at all.

Was Arkham Asylum a bigger game in terms of campaign? I appreciate all the effort put into sidequests and challenge maps, but I really was hoping for a pretty meaty story.

Agree with a lot of comments so far, especially regarding the bombardment of on-screen information, it takes a while to get used to.

I though Asylum was a bigger game story wise. I can understand some people not being mad about AC tho as while a great game the first was just so epic.

I think enemy variety is something that's missing from this game. Far fewer BIG enemies in normal fights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,855 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I can't get to the titan container in the musuem. I can't reach it from the main entrance because of the water, and I can't reach it from the exit because the cops have the door blocked off :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

That's weird. I got it. If nothing else then the Cops open the front door once the main game is done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Can you get back into the steel mill (to get the titan container) after you leave it in the story mission? I'm looking for a front door but can't find one. Do you go back in the
    chimney
    ?

DirkVoodoo wrote: »

I played Asylum again last week. I think City is a slightly longer game but there's not much in it. I'm sure that the Developers had spoken about an 18 hour main story and this is nowhere near that, which is disappointing. That said there's plenty more beyond the story and I'm sure it'll take 25 hours plus to complete everything on the map.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Can you get back into the steel mill (to get the titan container) after you leave it in the story mission? I'm looking for a front door but can't find one. Do you go back in the
    chimney
    ?

No you can't. The Mill opens up again later in the game though so you haven't lost the chance.

I hope that's not considered a spoiler - I wasted probably 40 minutes trying to get back into the Steel Mill at one point and wouldn't want anyone else to be as big an idiot.

Beefy78 wrote: »
    No you can't. The Mill opens up again later in the game though so you haven't lost the chance.

I hope that's not considered a spoiler - I wasted probably 40 minutes trying to get back into the Steel Mill at one point and wouldn't want anyone else to be as big an idiot.

Jaysus thanks man! spent ages trying to get back in! will forget about it for a while so :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,546 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Beefy78 wrote: »

Jaysus thanks man! spent ages trying to get back in! will forget about it for a while so :)

You can, there is a small door at that bit that sticks out at the back. You can't go all the way in till later but can get to the bit you need for the titan use bat vision to see the door as it is small.

Fair play, looks like I should have looked harder.

Not making much progress storywise, just in the
    subway
    looking for
    last comms blocker
    . Everytime I get to a main story mission, I hear a ringing phone, see an AR challenge or see a riddle challenge/trophy that has me straying. At least I know its like AA now that you can go back and get the riddle stuff and side missions anytime so gonna just concentrate on story missions. Need to upgrade the gadgets anyway. Some trophies have me baffled on how to get them, i'm putting it down to that I need new/upgraded gadgets!

ShaneU wrote: »
    I can't get to the titan container in the musuem. I can't reach it from the main entrance because of the water, and I can't reach it from the exit because the cops have the door blocked off :confused:
    Mr Freeze gives you something to travel on water.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,546 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Mr Freeze gives you something to travel on water.

I got it, it's great for
    Keeping informants out of the way
    The Bat Ice raft
    is also useful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Anyone else dissapointed that
    Batman didnt use his Shark Repellent Spray while in the Museum. There had better be Carousel Reversal Spray later on in the game....
    :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

I can't get back out! Backtracked to the beginning with the flowing water, but I don't think I can get out that way. Do I have to go back towards Joker's office? I've finished the game, so one path is blocked off internally I think
    Just wondering for people who preordered with gamestop. Did you get a code for gotham city imposters??

I did but when i try to redeem it says the code is invalid. Will this code become valid when the game is released??

Did you enter it on the Gotham City Impostors website? It's not a code to be redeemed on Xbox LIVE or PSN. Even then, it's not a free copy of the game, it's a code to get you into the beta on November 1st

Healium wrote: »
    I can't get back out! Backtracked to the beginning with the flowing water, but I don't think I can get out that way. Do I have to go back towards Joker's office? I've finished the game, so one path is blocked off internally I think

Assuming
    your getting the cure? head out to jokers office

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Best bit of the game so far,
    Talia's ass in those pants
    :D

Assuming
    your getting the cure? head out to jokers office
    No no, I've finished the game. I had to go back to the mill to recover Freeze's stolen technology and get an upgrade, and now I don't know how to get back out :pac:

No no, I've finished the game. I had to go back to the mill to recover Freeze's stolen technology and get an upgrade, and now I don't know how to get back out :pac:
    Go to where you fought Joker. The room was blown up so it leads straight outside now. Trust me, if I'd known it was that easy to get back into I wouldn't have gone the water way either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Really enjoyed the game, one of the biggest beefs I had with AA was how easy it was to dispatch of goons, but I actually found the goons pretty challenging when swarming on you, even more challenging than some of the bosses.
    Favourite boss battle in terms of enjoyment was Freeze. Absolute classic stuff empathising Batman's technical skill and intelligence while also making Freeze a borg type machine that can't be fooled with the same trick twice.

Most challenging for me was Solomon Grundy, that ****er wouldn't die. awesome.gif Joker and his thugs a close 2nd.

I actually found the final boss in Clayface easy, beat him in one go. Also in regards to the ending, wasn't it a bit bizarre that Batman carried out Joker rather than Talia?

Really digging the side stories, that's another plus over AA in that there's plenty left to do after finishing the main storyline.

Great game, definitely my most enjoyable romp on the PS3 yet.

Also in regards to the ending, wasn't it a bit bizarre that Batman carried out Joker rather than Talia?
    Remember at the very beginning when Catwoman breaks into a safe behind a painting? The painting is of Cain and Abel (a story of fratricide). When Batman carries out Joker, it's the very same scene, and is a reference to the painting. Joker and Batman were like brothers :( (in a very f'ed up way)

That was my number one beef with the game, tbh. I know they were trying to go for more of an RPG type feel in places, making you think about what tools you have and where you've been and how to access certain places by using your gadgets cleverly, but navigation around some parts of it was just a bit too much of a chore for the kind of game it was. That steel mill in particular was annoying in parts, especially the bat ice raft sections around by the back door. I just found them a bit too RPG ish for my liking.

I made the same mistake of going all the way round the back again for the freeze tech, instead of just coming in through the roof and grabbing it. A smarter waypoint/info system could have avoided all that hassle.

Navigation and getting where you needed to go in general in the game, both inside and out, needed a bit of a tweak as far as i'm concerned. It's getting easier now as I'm starting to know the map and indoor areas a bit better, but it just led to a few too many breaks in the action during the first playthrough of it.

Nearly there now, almost all the side missions are done, just the AR training to finish (the one at the entrance to the funhouse is a b**ch) and then the last 60% of the riddler stuff. I plan to take on challenge mode so i can learn the combat properly after that, then do the story again in new game plus. Hopefully after doing challenge mode I'll be hard enough not to die every 2 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

chimney
    ?

I spent a half hour doing this last night and it was driving me spare, so I'm just gonna post the solution here for everyone!
    Go to the street on the south-west corner of the steel mill, switch to Detective Mode and have a look around towards the building. There's a door and inside is the Titan Barrel as well as a Harley Head thing you can smash for Riddler XP.

Advertisement