Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman Arkham City Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Was listening to a podcast late night where they were talking about the game and one of the guys said Arkham City had one of the biggest, cheapest scares he'd seen in a video game. I don't know what part he's talking about though? Has anyone else come across it? I'm usually pretty jumpy so I'm thinking it must be a side quest thing that I haven't come across yet.

Or was he talking about
    the shark
    do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Sesudra

NotorietyH wrote: »
    Was listening to a podcast late night where they were talking about the game and one of the guys said Arkham City had one of the biggest, cheapest scares he'd seen in a video game. I don't know what part he's talking about though? Has anyone else come across it? I'm usually pretty jumpy so I'm thinking it must be a side quest thing that I haven't come across yet.

Or was he talking about
    the shark
    do you think?

I'm thinking its the part where
    you're rescuing Mister Freeze,you put explosive gel on the wall and as you detonate it, a hand comes smashing through and grabs you-one of those big thugs with one arm!made me jump more than the shark anyways

Sesudra wrote: »
    I'm thinking its the part where
    you're rescuing Mister Freeze,you put explosive gel on the wall and as you detonate it, a hand comes smashing through and grabs you-one of those big thugs with one arm!made me jump more than the shark anyways

Ah yeah! Had forgotten about that. Though the way the guy was describing it, he said it was the biggest scare ever. I jumped, but probably not as much as I did in Resident Evil when the dog jumped out!

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭bruce wayne

or it could be the T-Rex when looking for Freeze's suit....made me jump ;0)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

HAHA ya thinking about it, that
    museum
    was full of jumpy moments.
    Shark made me go woah!, The thug coming through the wall made me go WOAH! but the t-rex made me go FUKING HELL!

Question...
    Is that one armed bandit the same as the clown you fought? Did he defect to the Penguins crew?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

sheehy83 wrote: »

Question...
    Is that one armed bandit the same as the clown you fought? Did he defect to the Penguins crew?
    Brothers seperated seemingly. easy as **** to kill with the electric gun

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Brothers seperated seemingly. easy as **** to kill with the electric gun

Aaaahhh very clever! and yes, both are way too easy to kill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭recyclops

The writing and voice acting in this real show how good a batman story can be, not taking anything away from heath ledger but i always felt his joker was not whimsical enough for the character and the arkham series really has it nailed to a tee, i know its a diff universe Nolan is really trying to create but batman does not have to be so serious.

Just finished the story there whilst not being as good as asylum i did really enjoy it especially the joker as mention above, he is a perfect mix of whimsical and psychotic i loved
    The voice mail he leaves you during the credits

Now to get cracking on all these side missions, i felt the pacing was fine if ya concentrated on the story itself, although i did get
    tricked by the mad hatter and end up being sidetracked briefly :D:D

recyclops wrote: »
    not taking anything away from heath ledger but i always felt his joker was not whimsical enough for the character

Exactly how I feel but when I bring it up I'm met with 'WHAT! Heath Ledger was best Joker EVAR! I think Hamill was the best joker followed closely by Jacky boy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Has anyone received this from the Hut yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

tok9 wrote: »
    Has anyone received this from the Hut yet?
    Did you get a notice of shipping? I'd imagine it will be Wednesday before you get it, if not, Thursday. Definitely worth the wait for the Blurays, although it's probably killing you inside that you could have been playing this on Friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Picked it up this afternoon in GAME. Rage + .99 is a bargain, can't wait to get stuck into it tonight now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Did you get a notice of shipping? I'd imagine it will be Wednesday before you get it, if not, Thursday. Definitely worth the wait for the Blurays, although it's probably killing you inside that you could have been playing this on Friday.

I'm not too gutted really because I'm playing Dark Souls which is absolutely brilliant!

I was just wondering if it had arrived for anyone. I got the email that said it would take 10-15 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭madds

tok9 wrote: »
    I'm not too gutted really because I'm playing Dark Souls which is absolutely brilliant!

I was just wondering if it had arrived for anyone. I got the email that said it would take 10-15 days.

My copy hasn't arrived yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,855 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Hahaha hilarious
    LOST
    reference!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

ShaneU wrote: »
    Hahaha hilarious
    LOST
    reference!
    There's a couple in there.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I finished the main storyline. I found the ending somewhat abrupt as I was expecting it to be longer. Much shorter than AA. You really need to do the side missions as you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Does anyone know how to get the Titan tank
    after you defeat pengiun in the museum? I've worked my way back but all the ice has melted in the main room :/

EDIT: Nevermind, got it :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

If anyone on PSN wants Robin I have 3 more gameshares for it... Heres the details:

email: batmandlc@hotmail.com
    pass: robin123

If anyone on PSN wants Robin I have 3 more gameshares for it... Heres the details:

Yes Please!!!! ah, i'm not home til 7.20, will well be gone by then :(

Fair play man!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Many thanks WarZoneBrother!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,546 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Nearly there now, almost all the side missions are done, just the AR training to finish (the one at the entrance to the funhouse is a b**ch) and then the last 60% of the riddler stuff. I plan to take on challenge mode so i can learn the combat properly after that, then do the story again in new game plus. Hopefully after doing challenge mode I'll be hard enough not to die every 2 minutes.

you don't need to pull up as much as you think you do as he levels off a bit.

When doing the dive try to be passing the bottom of the bat symbol as that give the extra bit of space to level out before the mouth and so you won't hit the teeth.

At least with the AR mission it's not a reload on have to fly back up to the start.
    There's a couple in there.

one of Losts creators tweeted about it.

Damon Lindelof
    Crud. Now I've gone and pissed off the Joker. http://goo.gl/BPn0z (touche, ARKHAM CITY)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Has anyone who ordered off the hut even get a dispatch email yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

cheers man, sound of you to offer it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Damn I've missed out. Nice offer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

So as someone who has avoided all hype, previews and information about the game - apart from the clowns at Kotaku - what's the deal with multiplayer?

So as someone who has avoided all hype, previews and information about the game - apart from the clowns at Kotaku - what's the deal with multiplayer?

There is none.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

moonboy52 wrote: »
    Many thanks WarZoneBrother!

No bother, happy to help out.. Anyways does anyone know what the spoiler from a while back appearing on websites was?.. Wouldn't mind knowing what it is now because I am finished it... Wrap spoiler tags if you do though :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I liked this game and really enjoyed finishing it. The storyline was great and the ending was a bit of a shock in a good way. Was really happy with the whole thing but did have to question the final boss fight as
    I don't understand why Clayface was even in the game, I mean I know how he was written in but it just seemed stupid to include him, when my favourite guy (Calender Man) got a tiny cameo and doesn't even leave his cell or explain why he's there

• Advertisement

went to login to that warzone and said cannot sign in as another user. I take it they're all gone anyway? Fair play for putting it up. I'm still gonna pickup that dlc at some point.

Advertisement