Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman Arkham City Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

sheehy83 wrote: »
    went to login to that warzone and said cannot sign in as another user. I take it they're all gone anyway? Fair play for putting it up. I'm still gonna pickup that dlc at some point.

Don't know whats up there, maybe someones logged in on it? Happened to me when someone shared UC3 beta... Or maybe someone is just changing the details but I doubth it... Must be all gone anyways, someone said about an hour ago that he missed out, sorry about that..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Finished the main campaign so catching up on the kotaku spoiler news from 2 weeks ago.

SPOILERS ahead!
    So; was the spoiler Kotaku released http://i.imgur.com/zXL1N.png just actually the initial ruse Joker had at the start of the game where he chloroforms you? Nevermind that the spoiler is actually true (i.e. joker dies at the end of the game)?

In any case i think it was purposefully leaked to get more media attention, but in the process, píssing off maybe 50-100,000 customers who didn't want to know this kind of plot spoiler. Really bastardy business marketing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

God no prob man, i snooze i lose :D Can anyone tell me how to destroy fuse boxes? Trying to get a riddle trophy behind bars. hols at the top. I shoot remote batarange in a few times dead on and nothing. Cryptographer won't log onto it either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Bit frustrated by the side missions, stuck on
    finding Freeze's wife (bat signal is leading me to water) and Deadshot (Oracle is telling me that she has triangulated the area of Deadshot's 2nd victim but I'm finding nowt).
    I finished the main story if that means anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

God no prob man, i snooze i lose :D Can anyone tell me how to destroy fuse boxes? Trying to get a riddle trophy behind bars. hols at the top. I shoot remote batarange in a few times dead on and nothing. Cryptographer won't log onto it either.

I think you need to hit the electric circuit first?.. When it's electric then you can hit the box... May be wrong though

Bob can you not use the freeze blast?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Think it's the sonic batarang??? Havent tried though.
    Edit: Think it's the shock variety of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Bob can you not use the freeze blast?

Oh right. :pac: Will try that whe I play it again later.

Can anyone tell me how to destroy fuse boxes? Trying to get a riddle trophy behind bars. hols at the top. I shoot remote batarange in a few times dead on and nothing. Cryptographer won't log onto it either.

Look for somewhere close by with open electrical current. Batarangs are made of metal ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Bit frustrated by the side missions, stuck on
    finding Freeze's wife (bat signal is leading me to water) and Deadshot (Oracle is telling me that she has triangulated the area of Deadshot's 2nd victim but I'm finding nowt).
    I finished the main story if that means anything.

(i) Jump on the boat, freeze the water and hop onto a block of ice, use the batclaw to pull yourself towards the weak wall, and blow it up with a bomb. Nora is in that building

(ii) The body is on the broken bridge. The middle, cut-off section I believe

Augmented reality training activated, augmented reality training failed...Augmented reality training activated, augmented reality training failed...Augmented reality training activated, augmented reality training failed...

AAAAAAAARRRGGGHH *head explodes*

Least fun thing in the entire game.

EDIT: woohoo, just got it. Pure fluke too, it was just trial and error. Thank feck for that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭luckyfrank

where is the code for catwoman ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

you should have gotten a code with any new copy of the game frank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

IGN have two box covers now that you can print off to replace the covers that came with the game.

http://ie.ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1210655p1.html?utm_campaign=twposts&utm_source=twitter

batman-arkham-city-collectors-edition-20111025003347887-000.jpg

batman-arkham-city-collectors-edition-20111025003343275-000.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I liked this game and really enjoyed finishing it. The storyline was great and the ending was a bit of a shock in a good way. Was really happy with the whole thing but did have to question the final boss fight as
    I don't understand why Clayface was even in the game, I mean I know how he was written in but it just seemed stupid to include him, when my favourite guy (Calender Man) got a tiny cameo and doesn't even leave his cell or explain why he's there

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Batman_Family_enemies

Thinking about this and the amount of villians in it, im happy with the ones in it. Joker had to be in, the others add to it.

You could redo that game and replace every villian with another and still have loads left over.

These 2 games are the best Batman media other than comics :eek:

Game of the year for me (until friday) loved it cleared the story done almost all of the sidemissions and gonna do the riddler things then move on Plus 1 in the new year.

Plus 1 imo is the best idea ever, heres all your **** now go be all batman on their asses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Prob best ya don't watch it till after you finish the game

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Lordhogo

After the mad hatter side mission you get a few Arkham Asylum style interview tapes.If you haven't listened to them yet it is a must as it is some of the best voice acting iv'e heard in a while (maybe I am only thinking this because I have been playing a lot of Just Cause 2 recently :p).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Anyone else find
    The ship in the bay with a password-protected hatch that doesn't show up on the HUD? Nice little Scarecrow easter egg in there
    possibly hinting at some DLC?

This game is pretty much everything I've ever wanted from a Batman game. Secrets, entertaining forensics, massive fistfights, flying across a city and scaring the bejesus out of people. Funt times.

you should have gotten a code with any new copy of the game frank.

There wasnt one inside the box, was i suppose to pre order

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Some of the dialogue from the goons when you are sitting undetected is cool, even threw in some references to lost once or twice :D
    One was ""Did they ever explain what the island was?" "

And nods to Facebook where they say "I haven't been able to update my status for 2 weeks" lol

Possible Spoilers for both lost and the game :D

Definitely a bit of overkill with the amount of
    baddies in this game! So many, but none fleshed out (Joker's still amazing though). I definitely think there should be some Robin DLC -- single player missions -- much like Catwoman's; that happens during Batman's story; going to the hospital etc. Cool new threads as well.

• Advertisement

luckyfrank wrote: »

No!! Every new copy comes with free Catwoman DLC! It should be in the plastic pocket that came with the game -- single sheet, long code on the back of it? If you bought it new and it didn't come with it, go to where you bought it and demand it

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

No the Robin DLC was a pre order from certain places, the catwoman DLC is supposed to be packaged with all new copies.

There should have been a seperate card in the box (with a picture of catwoman and the DLC code). If not I'd get back on to whoever you bought it from pronto.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

yeah bring that back and get it sorted pal. Catwoman comes with all new copies.

Just finished the game. Preferred the story in Asylum. Still a fantastic game, but i thought the story could have been bulked out a bit more. It felt like they thought up the boss battles and then structured the missions around them or something.

Ending was... anticlimactic for me. The way the story pretty much entirely revolved around
    the cure
    slightly bothered me as well. It just didn't grab me the same way the first did!

L0VE all the new riddles and the grappling hook :D

BTW, what was that huge spoiler that came out a few weeks before release? I avoided all coverage after that but I'm curious as to what it was! In spoilers obviously :o

what was that huge spoiler that came out a few weeks before release? I avoided all coverage after that but I'm curious as to what it was! In spoilers obviously :o

It was
    about the possibility of joker dying, early in the game. It was based on the cutscene where he appears to have died, just before the real him jumps you and infects you with his blood. Kotaku saw leaked footage up to the point where batman is using DV to check that the body in the chair is joker, and that he's actually dead, but they didn't see the part that reveals that he's tricked you, and so they jumped to conclusions and printed the spoiler.

Pretty Ironic, and a bit sneaky of the developers to leak that, considering they killed him off anyway at the end of the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,962 ✭✭✭✭Penn

It was
    about the possibility of joker dying, early in the game. It was based on the cutscene where he appears to have died, just before the real him jumps you and infects you with his blood. Kotaku saw leaked footage up to the point where batman is using DV to check that the body in the chair is joker, and that he's actually dead, but they didn't see the part that reveals that he's tricked you, and so they jumped to conclusions and printed the spoiler.

Pretty Ironic, and a bit sneaky of the developers to leak that, considering they killed him off anyway at the end of the game.

I thought I got the ending spoiled when I heard that
    Talia stabs the Joker and Joker dies. Then I got surprised when that wasn't the real Joker. Then the real Joker died anyway.

I think they might leave Joker out of the next one (would love to have Jason Todd/Red Hood as the main villian) then bring Joker back if there's a game after that.

Also: Did anyone notice what's on the floor beside Harley Quinn's Arkham Asylum costume in the steel mill? That could be interesting...

I actually got two Catwoman codes with mine, so send me a PM if you want the spare one

Not like I can really trade the game in anyway, since I got the collector's edition which doesn't have a case for the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Penn wrote: »
    Also: Did anyone notice what's on the floor beside Harley Quinn's Arkham Asylum costume in the steel mill? That could be interesting...

Even more interesting if you let the end-game credits play the entire way through.

Definitely, beside Harley Quinn's Arkham Asylum costume is very, very interesting, as is the end credits.

I was really intriged by the
    Identity Theft side-mission, fantastic way to set up something for Gotham City, Batman saying "I'll deal with him tomorrow" was awesome.

Maybe Riddler will become a main villain, kind of sick of riddler trophies collecting/semi-grinding now.

I thought the ending was overly muted, i mean the end credits, it's basically mute; didn't feel like the end at all. Maybe they were trying to sell the gravity of what happened but i was expecting an orchestral medley to delineate how final the credits are

Making the other choice in Catwoman part 3 was very interesting, and strikingly sad! Can't say it wasn't all Batman's fault for never killing/incapacitating the bad guys :P

If anyone hasn't found it yet, there's an easter egg on the ship right next to where you find Freeze's wife; there's a hatch/door on the ship, just break out the crytograph decoder deeley and solve the hard password!

Went back to gamestop in swords and guy kindly gave me a pre-order code for bat skin cat woman dlc and and imposters whatever that is, done a bit of googling and it's seems that quite alot of new games were sent out without the dlc code

http://www.1up.com/news/batman-arkham-city-catwoman-code-issues-looked-into

Still cant use my account online though as fraud are still looking into my account being hacked and points stolen, but nice to know i can use dlc when i get it back

• Advertisement

Man, some of the Riddler trophies are insanely tough, though I do love when I finally figure out how to do them. Some of them are quite ingenious too :D

Advertisement