Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman Arkham City Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

yeah some of them are insane. Nice bit of variety to them. He is one crafty minx.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I was hoping for a challenge in Plus mode, it seems easier than it was the first time around, The fighting is pretty much the same even though it says they switch up tactics. the only difference is some of them have shock sticks a lot earlier.

Penn wrote: »
    Man, some of the Riddler trophies are insanely tough, though I do love when I finally figure out how to do them. Some of them are quite ingenious too :D

Some are dead simple, and some are quite clever. There's one down in the waterfront, beside the tower cranes that had me stumped until i gave up and got on with what i was doing after 5 or 10 mins, but i need to go back to it now, as the riddler missions are the only things i have left to do. I'm just flying around and laying into informants at the moment to get them all onto the map.

It's a little platform in the water beside a crane. It's divided into 4 quarters by railings, with a trophy in one, and a pressure plate in the other 3. I tried lots of things, but couldn't figure it out, i can't press them all in time no matter what i try, it just takes too long to get over the fences and back to the trophy.

i must be missing something obvious...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Finished it yesterday,I enjoyed it but was expecting more. Anyone else feel underwhelmed by the side missions,I thought there would be a lot more meat to them instead of glorified fetch quests like in Fable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Even more interesting if you let the end-game credits play the entire way through.

check my video a few posts up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

It's a little platform in the water beside a crane. It's divided into 4 quarters by railings, with a trophy in one, and a pressure plate in the other 3. I tried lots of things, but couldn't figure it out, i can't press them all in time no matter what i try, it just takes too long to get over the fences and back to the trophy.

Dunno if thats the one you have to hit them at the same time ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Uploaded the Scarecrow easter egg for anyone who hasn't come across it yet. Don't worry no story spoilers or anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭JonB

I was loving the game. Had about an hour left I say of the story. Story was getting intense. I turned it off at a retry menu and when I booted it up my save was gone the next morning........
    Thankfully its a good game and I want to play it again :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,546 ✭✭✭✭Varik

This may contain spoilers for some, probably not.

Batman Beyond and his retractable wings do AR.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Anyone know the location of the weapon in
    Steel Mills?
    video or image would be great... Trying to get most out of it while I have it, getting BF 3 on Friday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,546 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Steel Mills?
    video or image would be great... Trying to get most out of it while I have it, getting BF 3 on Friday
    Freezes one, you need go through that door(sign with freight elevator boiler room) in the same room as jokers office, it leads to an broken elevator and it in a room after that.

Varik wrote: »
    Freezes one, you need go through that door(sign with freight elevator boiler room) in the same room as jokers office, it leads to an broken elevator and it in a room after that.
    Im in the freight elevator now but nothing seems to be happening :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Vorrtexx

Some are dead simple, and some are quite clever. There's one down in the waterfront, beside the tower cranes that had me stumped until i gave up and got on with what i was doing after 5 or 10 mins, but i need to go back to it now, as the riddler missions are the only things i have left to do. I'm just flying around and laying into informants at the moment to get them all onto the map.

You need to grapple onto the building next to them and use the grapple boost to launch over and fly around landing on the other one, repeat it a 2nd time to hit the third one.
    As long as you don't touch the ground after triggering a pressure plate it still stays active.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Steel Mills?
    video or image would be great...
    Get to the broken elevator shaft. You'll have to work your way around the two shafts to get down -- there's an electronic bar you can charge up, so u can move it up and down, (it's attached to the elevator which has goons inside) and you have to grapple left and right, in between shooting the electronic bar to get fully down the shaft. There's an electronic bar below the elevator aswell -- u gotta shoot it a few times to get it to stay up/move all the way up.
    Hope that helps!

Varik wrote: »

Got it now thanks guys..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Just bet the game , its my game of the year so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Here's the face off from the Digital Foundry guys over at Eurogamer.
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-batman-arkham-city-face-off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Just bet the game , its my game of the year so far

I'm at the other end of the scale, really disappointed with it, not a patch on AA :(

It's not a bad game , it just didn't deliver anything near to what my expectations of it were.

On the funny side has anyone noticed Batmans 5 O'Clock shadow when you continue on after finishing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

calex71 wrote: »
    I'm at the other end of the scale, really disappointed with it, not a patch on AA :(

How is not a patch on AA? It has everything AA had, but they've added to and refined it.

All it's missing is that element of surprise that AA because it kinda came out of nowhere and was an awesome game. They can't replicate that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

NotorietyH wrote: »
    How is not a patch on AA? It has everything AA had, but they've added to and refined it.

All it's missing is that element of surprise that AA because it kinda came out of nowhere and was an awesome game. They can't replicate that.

The story was weaker for a start, the city is "padded" just because its bigger and you can free roam it or its more open doesn't make it better. I thought it suffered for it, the main story was much shorter than AA.

The enemies and what bosses there were, were not as varied, then it fell into going to a marked location and doing a beat everyone up room followed later by a stealth room. In AA this was disguised so much better and with more variety.

Like I said it's not a bad game, just a step down IMO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

First step on one of the pads. Then, you need to grapple on to the crane towering above you and without actually stepping on solid ground ( or the crane ) glide back down to the next one. Rinse and repeat for the third. You should have gotten it by then. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,962 ✭✭✭✭Penn

First step on one of the pads. Then, you need to grapple on to the crane towering above you and without actually stepping on solid ground ( or the crane ) glide back down to the next one. Rinse and repeat for the third. You should have gotten it by then. :)

Don't glide down, chances are you'll land on the fence. Use dive bomb (R2/RT) when you're over it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

calex71 wrote: »
    The story was weaker for a start, the city is "padded" just because its bigger and you can free roam it or its more open doesn't make it better. I thought it suffered for it, the main story was much shorter than AA.

The enemies and what bosses there were, were not as varied, then it fell into going to a marked location and doing a beat everyone up room followed later by a stealth room. In AA this was disguised so much better and with more variety.

Like I said it's not a bad game, just a step down IMO

Wowzer, my opinion would be the total opposite. I found the story really interesting and in the end one of the best Batman writers in the business wrote it, tied everything together (including the side missions) relativity seamlessly, so I walked away pretty satisfied. The only thing I was a little underwhelmed by at first was
    protocal 10
    but even then, after mulling it over, it makes perfect sense - nothing in the story or the game in general felt like it was there for the hell of it.
    Clay faces inclusion was genius I thought, especially after his AMAZING cameo in AA

Also they ended up doing some really risky things with the universe and melded old with new to create a universe thats got some really intriguing and original elements to it. After starting new game plus the combat has really clicked with me. Its pretty intricate for such a simple system of button presses and I can now finish most fights without taking a hit or breaking my combo. Also I felt the enemies and bosses were WAY more varied then AA. All you had in AA WAS titan goons and variations of them (apart from Ivy maybe..Croc could barely be called a boss fight) In this theres no boss fight thats the same and you have loads of different enemies to deal with in fights, each one needing a different tactic to take down. Jesus I wana go home and play it now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I'm enjoying it a lot more after the story has been completed than I did AA. I rushed home last night to stick it on and just do riddler challenges and find trophies all night. I think I gave up on AA straight after the final boss fight.

AA is a more polished game though. It was nowhere near as ambitious as the sequel so they concentrated on making what they did make as good as it possibly could be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I don't think it's because AC is a bad game, far from it it's extremely polished and well scripted. But Arkham Asylum was a game that looked like it could deliver, but then again so too do so many licensed superhero games. I don't think many people expected it to be as good as it actually was. So in that sense, it was quite a surprise. Heck, I remember feeling the demo was pretty but the game seemed too easy (I hadn't picked up on the chained-combos yet and just mashed x a few times).

I guess the novelty factor isn't there this time. It's still a great game, but it had incredible expectations to live up to. Whereas I think most people would have been happy if Arkham Asylum was a 6 or a 7, everyone wants the sequel to be a perfect 10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Finished the main story and can't help but feel more than a little underwhelmed.
    The ending left me with a feeling of "is that it??" followed by "meh".. And it just ended so abruptly too. The final boss was a joke (i didn't die once) - in fact I thought taking out the snipers to get in to the movie theatre was harder. Like - it's good and all, but I'm underwhelmed on the verge of disappointment. Think this will be traded in for uncharted next week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

I thought the story in AC was fantastic , much better than AA by a long run but i wont get into just incase people have not played it yet.
    Everything in this game from the combat, riddles trophies , voice acting , boss fights and sheer amount of villans in the game have all being amped up and Fantastic.
    Even arkham city envoirment is so detailed , and while you are outside in the streets looking out you can see wayne enterprise in the snowy dark gritty streets , you truly feel emerge that **** going down tonight.
    Yes to some it may feel more of the same but what aint broke dont fix it.
    I had only two gripes with the game , like the first hearing the same voice acting lines more than once it gets tiresome and secondly i wish they would of canned the unreal engine which looks very dated at this stage.
    I cant sing enough praise for AC, i started reading comic few months ago cause im a fan of smallville but ive stopped again recently, but i would not mind picking them up again after playing this gem. I never heard of some of these villans like hugo strange and its great they gave back stories , motives.
    This game Should be a stepping stone to other developers on how to make a worthy comic book game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,962 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I can't understand how people are giving out about the ending. I enjoyed this ending and final boss fight way more than Arkham Asylum
    Arkham Asylum's ending was basically just: I won. Oh, Two-Face is causing trouble? Better go fix that too, even after all I just went through
    Arkham City had a great final scene between Batman and Joker, and the great image of Batman carrying Joker's body out (a la the Cain and Abel picture seen in one of the Catwoman bits IIRC) and placing it on the bonnet of Gordon's car, but not even saying a word BECAUSE of what he just went through, and his relationship with the Joker. He is actually mourning the loss of his greatest enemy.

I really enjoyed it. I think it might be a case of it not living up to people's expectations, but I definitely think it was better than the ending of Arkham Asylum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

One small gripe I have is how the goons keep replenishing their ranks. For example, I came across an area that had loads of them armed with guns, but I managed to take all of them down. Fast forward a bit and I find myself back at the same area with the goons all there again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

It was a great ending:
    how can they go on in the series with no Joker? Hes Batmans greatest enemy and always what people want. Maybe scarecrow could be god but he is no joker

What ever happens as soon as i can i am pre-ordering the next one as soon as i can. This series could go down as one of the best video game series of all time.

Advertisement