Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman Arkham City Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,962 ✭✭✭✭Penn

It was a great ending:
    how can they go on in the series with no Joker? Hes Batmans greatest enemy and always what people want. Maybe scarecrow could be god but he is no joker

What ever happens as soon as i can i am pre-ordering the next one as soon as i can. This series could go down as one of the best video game series of all time.

My idea for the next one was:
    Batman: Gotham City - Sort of similar to Arkham City with different villians controlling different parts of the city but in a gang/crime boss kind of way, with Penguin, Two-Face, Black Mask, Harley (with Joker's thugs) and a few more, but all being manipulated by the Red Hood (Jason Todd, the second Robin), and as Todd knows Batman's identity, going after Robin/Alfred/Nightwing etc. Maybe even Todd using Hush to impersonate Bruce, or framing Batman himself (given how he knows where the Batcave is and could probably impersonate Batman) so as well as gangs, you're also being hunted by the police. I'd also like to see Bane being given a larger part, and maybe a bit more Ra's Al Gul.
    I almost think Arkham City threw in too many baddies that it'd be difficult for them to become the main villian in the next one and there's not a lot that we haven't seen at this point, so I think Jason Todd would be ideal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

If you listen to the hidden radio messages,
    it hints at someone "returning" to Gotham, and how "Batman will pay for what he has done"

Also,
    the sigil that Azrael leaves after you talk to him for the last time can be overlayed like the first one was to indicate several buildings, possibly part of this "darkest moment". one is the courthouse, another the botanical gardens where Ivy is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Penn wrote: »
    My idea for the next one was:
    Batman: Gotham City - Sort of similar to Arkham City with different villians controlling different parts of the city but in a gang/crime boss kind of way, with Penguin, Two-Face, Black Mask, Harley (with Joker's thugs) and a few more, but all being manipulated by the Red Hood (Jason Todd, the second Robin), and as Todd knows Batman's identity, going after Robin/Alfred/Nightwing etc. Maybe even Todd using Hush to impersonate Bruce, or framing Batman himself (given how he knows where the Batcave is and could probably impersonate Batman) so as well as gangs, you're also being hunted by the police. I'd also like to see Bane being given a larger part, and maybe a bit more Ra's Al Gul.

My thoughts are:
    The main bad guy in the next one will most likely be Hush, as no doubt that he's the identity theft guy, stealing facial skin and bandaging up the heads, plus reference to someone going round looking like Bruce Wayne, only beat up, as the witness to the first one referred to him. And then probably hint towards Red Hood for the 4th one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

I expect
    Hugo Strange to return...(anything is possible)
    just like in Killzone 3
    Visari should be making a reappearance..

My thoughts are:
    The main bad guy in the next one will most likely be Hush, as no doubt that he's the identity theft guy, stealing facial skin and bandaging up the heads, plus reference to someone going round looking like Bruce Wayne, only beat up, as the witness to the first one referred to him. And then probably hint towards Red Hood for the 4th one!
    I dunno, I just can't see Hush as being the main villian. The identity theft thing (well, I haven't finished that one yet), is almost definitely Hush. But with the way we'll most likely have no Joker in the next game (I'd bring him back the game after. No one stays dead in comics), the next baddie has to be a big one to help carry the series. Penguin, Two-Face and Mr.Freeze were in this one and didn't play huge parts, so I can't see any of them becoming the main baddie. Maybe Ra's as the main villain, which I wouldn't mind.

But Red Hood, being a former Robin trained by Batman and knowing pretty much all Batman's secrets and methods would be one of the biggest enemies Batman could face, and make a great story. Plus knowing Bruce is Batman would explain why he's working with Hush or manipulating him. Definitely think Hush will have a big part to play in the next one, perhaps with Bruce having become Mayor but Hush somehow replacing him.

• Advertisement

I expect
    Hugo Strange to return...(anything is possible)
    just like in Killzone 3
    Visari should be making a reappearance..
    Dunno, he has no powers, and as well as being stabbed by Ra's, he was in the Tower when it exploded. I wouldn't be hugely shocked if he came back, but I doubt he'll be back too soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Penn wrote: »
    Dunno, he has no powers, and as well as being stabbed by Ra's, he was in the Tower when it exploded. I wouldn't be hugely shocked if he came back, but I doubt he'll be back too soon.
    Yeah, could the next game even be a prequel to Arkham Asylum or even Arkham City telling the story of how it all started maybe?.. I don't know as I only played Batman the games not read comics or that..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

All these spoilers are very tempting! I'm just at the
    Steel Mill for the 2nd time after Harley has stolen the cure from Freeze,
    do I have much left? I have only done 2 Catwoman parts with 2 left, I thought the 3rd part would have opened by now?

sheehy83 wrote: »
    All these spoilers are very tempting! I'm just at the
    Steel Mill for the 2nd time after Harley has stolen the cure from Freeze,
    do I have much left? I have only done 2 Catwoman parts with 2 left, I thought the 3rd part would have opened by now?

Not a huge amount left, really, It just gets pretty tough in places now. 3rd Catwoman bit isn't too far off where you are now.

Don't be tempted by the spoilers. Most of it is just pure speculation for the next game, so isn't worth ruining the ending for.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Fighting Rás on story + is probably the hardest boss fight I have ever had to do. I went into the court room beforehand for secrets and there was a gang of about 20 cronies - ass handed to me 5 times... i think i need the challenge rooms for practice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

One small gripe I have is how the goons keep replenishing their ranks. For example, I came across an area that had loads of them armed with guns, but I managed to take all of them down. Fast forward a bit and I find myself back at the same area with the goons all there again!

Batman just knocks them out so they're easily explained as being the same goons. They're on a prison island, after all. Where are they going to go once they've been revived?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Fighting Rás on story + is probably the hardest boss fight I have ever had to do. I went into the court room beforehand for secrets and there was a gang of about 20 cronies - ass handed to me 5 times... i think i need the challenge rooms for practice.

After being so good at the fighting in the last game I was getting PISSED with getting my ass posted back to me. So I kept doing the first challenge room until I was first on my friends list leaderboard. I'm a machine at it now. Defo take a break to beef up your skills.

Also my sequel prediction
    After the alt ending and the genius harley easter eggs -Gotham/Wayne Manor setting, Harley has a child and is running the Jokers Gang, league of assasins have attacked Wayne Manor and Falconie is planning to hold the city at ransom with fear toxin!.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

Playing Ninja Gaiden has made me a countering master. Never really struggled with the combat system as a result (even on the hardest setting)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Just finished the game, fantastic stuff, best game i've played this year easily!
    Joker's voicemail during the credits was fantastic, sent chills down my spine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Not even dark souls could vanquish this dark knight :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Nightwing DLC trailer:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/nightwing-trailer-batman-arkham/723120

He looks suitably different, looking forward to trying him out. I also tried out some of Robin's challenge maps, he's very different from Batman and Catwoman. He feels a bit heavier, since he uses a staff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,546 ✭✭✭✭Varik

After getting all the collectables from the industrial district you get tapes of joke speaking about his past,
    all a reference to the killing joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Gah! Have 1 trophy to find and six breakables in the city but they're not on my map! I must have a Riddler henchman somewhere! I had beaten the Riddler (you need to get to 400 trophies, and Catwoman ones must count), but I want to get my 100%!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

WarZoneBrother is an absolute Legend and Gentleman! Thank you Sir!! Bring on the Robin DLC!

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Batman just knocks them out so they're easily explained as being the same goons. They're on a prison island, after all. Where are they going to go once they've been revived?

Besides, it means you can keep being batman. It gives you plenty to do. :-) There's nothing worse than a sprawling metropolis with nobody in it to knock the feck out of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,546 ✭✭✭✭Varik

35% of Identity theft done and that's it for the side missions, 374 out of 400 collectables (i didn't know what the breakables were till very late and only got the balloons as it was something to do on the way through the city).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Anyone trade this in yet?And if so how much they get ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Just after finishing that there. Credits are rolling now. I'm kinda disappointed with it all right now.
    The last boss battle was pretty tame with little or no challenge to it. It all came too sudden for me and there wasn't too much of a build up. I expected something more prolonged and challenging. Beating Clayface was pretty much me spamming the R2 button (freeze grenade) and dodging. My first instinct after finishing it is to say the Arkham Asylum is a better game for me. OK, they refined the combat and made gliding pretty fun. The story was far superior than Arkham City. It suffered from there being too many characters, not enough time with them. They dropped in/out all too quickly. Joker was excellent as ever. I think they tried too much to introduce the newer characters and refrain from reusing the ones from AA. They basically were bit-parts in AC.
    Disappointing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭Ridley

I liked this game and really enjoyed finishing it. The storyline was great and the ending was a bit of a shock in a good way. Was really happy with the whole thing but did have to question the final boss fight as
    I don't understand why Clayface was even in the game, I mean I know how he was written in but it just seemed stupid to include him, when my favourite guy (Calender Man) got a tiny cameo and doesn't even leave his cell or explain why he's there

You know there's more
    Calendar Man
    stuff if you
    do the Storyteller achievement/trophy
    , right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

Completed the game on Tuesday... I liked it :)

But:
    The story ends with Joker dying. Surely he is not dead and will appear in the sequel, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

LighterGuy wrote: »
    Completed the game on Tuesday... I liked it :)

But:
    The story ends with Joker dying. Surely he is not dead and will appear in the sequel, right?
    well mark hammil has said hes done voicing the joker so maybe because of that decision they killed off the joker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

chrislad wrote: »
    Gah! Have 1 trophy to find and six breakables in the city but they're not on my map! I must have a Riddler henchman somewhere! I had beaten the Riddler (you need to get to 400 trophies, and Catwoman ones must count), but I want to get my 100%!

You my good sir will need this http://www.gamesradar.com/batman-arkham-city-riddler-guide/?page=1

Best I've seen as it has images of the in game grids you get when you press back button and view the riddler challenges of all the areas and has assigned numbers to them, so you can pin point on their maps and guide exactly what one you need!!!

Cat woman ones seem to count for unlocking the victim rooms as I know for a fact you need 320 for the 5th victim and I only had 312 + 8 catwoman ones.

Ridley wrote: »
    You know there's more
    Calendar Man
    stuff if you
    do the Storyteller achievement/trophy
    , right?
    How do i do this calender man malarky? he just jabbers on about halloween :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

How do i do this calender man malarky? he just jabbers on about halloween :confused:

Look at the calendar beside his cell,
    then you need to disconnect from xbox live an manipulate the date settings on the console , or else remember to play the game on 12 specific dates over the next year and talk to him each time to get it legit.

• Advertisement

calex71 wrote: »
    Look at the calendar beside his cell,
    then you need to disconnect from xbox live an manipulate the date settings on the console , or else remember to play the game on 12 specific dates over the next year and talk to him each time to get it legit.
    God lord thats an awful lot of lot of work o_O

Advertisement