Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman Arkham City Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭Ridley

God lord thats an awful lot of lot of work o_O

Just remember to save beforehand. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Where the hell can you redeem the DLC when the option to do so when you first boot the game up never appears again?

I think I may be having a blonde moment! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

I haven't played the game myself yet but someone I know said they preferred Vampire Rain over this game's mediocrity.

On a scale of 1 to 10, how accurate is this statement/how good are his taste in video games?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

probably a solid 1 on both counts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

How much for the DLC I wonder?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,546 ✭✭✭✭Varik

thorbarry wrote: »
    How much for the DLC I wonder?

the US price was released,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Finished it last night.

Bloody hell.

:(

chrislad wrote: »
    Gah! Have 1 trophy to find and six breakables in the city but they're not on my map! I must have a Riddler henchman somewhere!!

Have you searched all the indoor locations again, since you finished the game? Sometimes they spawn in there, not just outdoors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Tried the Robin challeneg maps, Robin is class to play as, 3 medals on my first go. Pity he doesn't have a campaign mode like Catwoman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,962 ✭✭✭✭Penn

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Tried the Robin challeneg maps, Robin is class to play as, 3 medals on my first go. Pity he doesn't have a campaign mode like Catwoman.

I'd love to be able to play as Robin and Nightwing just around the city in a free-roam kinda thing

• Advertisement

sheehy83 wrote: »

same, 3 first try with him but only got a low 2 with B-man first try. He's fast but not weak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

On a cycle of soaring around looking for a Riddler informer, beat them up, clear the trophies they reveal, and repeat.

Repetitive, yet fun thanks to some of the Riddler trophy puzzles being tricky to get!

On a cycle of soaring around looking for a Riddler informer, beat them up, clear the trophies they reveal, and repeat.

Repetitive, yet fun thanks to some of the Riddler trophy puzzles being tricky to get!

Yeah, been doing this the past few nights too. Just when you figure out how to do one which then helps solve a few others, you come across another one and think "How the f*ck am I meant to get that?"

Most of the ones (if not all) I have left are around Joker's area and Penguin's area, which I've largely avoided due to the amount of guns around. Might have to go on a mad spree tonight and beat up everyone in the city so they'll leave me alone for a while

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I saw one last night which I've just not got a clue what to do with. I've found a guide online but I'm trying to figure them out myself for now. That may change by the end of the weekend.

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I saw one last night which I've just not got a clue what to do with. I've found a guide online but I'm trying to figure them out myself for now. That may change by the end of the weekend.

I had to use a guide last night for one of the actual riddles. Knew the location of it due to an informant, but it was in an area which was kinda on the border of two riddles, so I didn't know which I was looking for, or even if it was one of those at all, as a few riddles I've solved due to an informant have been riddles I didn't even know about.

Was just p*ssing me off because I was nearly finished that whole area (unless another informant throws up a few more). Pretty clever riddle all the same though

Penn wrote: »
    Beefy78 wrote: »

I had to use a guide last night for one of the actual riddles. Knew the location of it due to an informant, but it was in an area which was kinda on the border of two riddles, so I didn't know which I was looking for, or even if it was one of those at all, as a few riddles I've solved due to an informant have been riddles I didn't even know about.

Was just p*ssing me off because I was nearly finished that whole area (unless another informant throws up a few more). Pretty clever riddle all the same though

needed a guide for that "land sea and air" as I could see what out was but out never worked, it tuns out right but broken.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Just finished The Riddler off, Kind of a let down i was expecting another cool death room. The idea of what you had to do was cool but it was way to easy.
    440 Riddles though :cool: the hardest is near the iron works you have to fly off it dive and then swoop up into a little alcove on the wall. took damn near all morning :P

Challenge map time.

the hardest is near the iron works you have to fly off it dive and then swoop up into a little alcove on the wall. took damn near all morning

Is it the one just beside the steel mill gates, where you have to fly in, smash the breakable wall, then hit the pad on the wall in the alcove, and glide back over the 6 pads without landing to get to the trophy?

If it is, you ain't seen nothing yet. Have you tried Augmented reality advanced training #1 on the top of the tricorner naval building by the funhouse? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Has anyone found the secret hatch??? :D:D It can only be opened by using the cryptographic sequencer in a specific spot but there are no indications that you should be using it there.

Is it the one just beside the steel mill gates, where you have to fly in, smash the breakable wall, then hit the pad on the wall in the alcove, and glide back over the 6 pads without landing to get to the trophy?

If it is, you ain't seen nothing yet. Have you tried Augmented reality advanced training #1 on the top of the tricorner naval building by the funhouse? :eek:
    No its not that one, its on the steel mill roof above a caged riddler trophey. you have to start it, swoop down then pull up and glide around the prison wall, its in a kinda entrance/exit to the prison.
    That advanced training has been doing my nut for a week no though.
    Oh and I finally beat Rás on story+ mode fingernail stuff though but a morning on extreme challenge modes really helped. Then I had to fight Freeze who knocks out detective mode so your pretty much blind. Got him after a few tries though. I am not looking forward to the joker and his titans and gang.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭fruvai

Has anyone found the secret hatch??? :D:D It can only be opened by using the cryptographic sequencer in a specific spot but there are no indications that you should be using it there.
    Scarecrow's hatch?

fruvai wrote: »
    Scarecrow's hatch?
    I wonder if its a clue to the next game like the map in Quinceys office in Arkham Asylum was.

fruvai wrote: »
    Scarecrow's hatch?
    Yeah.
    That's the one. You get a fright for your troubles too. The notice on the pillar down there tells you what it's all about.
    It sounds like it was similar to the hidden wall that was in Arkham Asylum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I wonder what Rocksteady will do next with a game like this I think its possible we might see a expansion pack like Single player campaign DLC with Villians that didn't appear or didn't have large roles in the campaign. Wonder would they make a batman game for the Vita down the line too.

well i got to the joker and his titan and russian guy and it was easier in story plus mode... well maybe im better at the fighting but still

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

well i got to the joker and his titan and russian guy and it was easier in story plus mode... well maybe im better at the fighting but still

probably just better at the fighting, really struggled with that fight in the SP for a long time but can breeze through the Challenge rooms no problem now. gonna leave NG+ for now so can have it as something to play when bored of future games :p

meh theres no games out that i want until skyrim, thank the spegetti monster in the sky its out in two weeks :cool:

Anybody think they've made the combat overly complicated in this game? It doesn't seem to be as instinctive as Arkham asylum. Some of the quick gadgets are awkward, there are too many different types of attackers and things to have to remember to do when different enemies comes at you, and everybody looks the same. None of the different grades of attackers look particularly different to the rest and the tougher ones are hard to make out easily and keep track of in the thick of things.

I think the blade dodge takedown is the most irritating of the lot. It's awkward, you get very little time to react to a knife attacker, and it breaks up the flow of combos every time.

Anybody think they've made the combat overly complicated in this game? It doesn't seem to be as instinctive as Arkham asylum. Some of the quick gadgets are awkward, there are too many different types of attackers and things to have to remember to do when different enemies comes at you, and everybody looks the same. None of the different grades of attackers look particularly different to the rest and the tougher ones are hard to make out easily and keep track of in the thick of things.

I think the blade dodge takedown is the most irritating of the lot. It's awkward, you get very little time to react to a knife attacker, and it breaks up the flow of combos every time.
    Couldn't have said it better myself. Right on the money there!.

• Advertisement

I like the fact that everyone can be a knifer or a gunner or a stun baton guy, gives a level of realism. The Blade dodge is a pain though especially on story plus mode.

Advertisement