Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman Arkham City Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

tok9 wrote: »
    What is this talk on Calender man? Only got the game recently and juggling it with other games.

Very good so far, just beat
    the Penguin
    There is an achievement/trophy that you can get if you visit him on certain days/holidays through out the year. Halloween was one of those days. You can check the dates needed online or you can check the calendar beside him. You can take your console offline and change the date on your system to 'help' you get the achievement/trophy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ending\Sequel talk:
    I really hope the villain in the next game will be Red Hood. I think thats the best choice they could make.

Not sure what to make of the Harley Quinn preggers test. I can't picture it being Joker's doing?

I also read Rocksteady might be releasing DLC that will be campagin missions. Anyone else hear any info on this?

Joker singing Only You at the end was truly haunting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

There appears to be a bug in the game that deletes your saved game file randomly, so maybe back up your saves if you can. I lost mine yesterday, having finished the story mode. I was playing the
    Catwoman final story mission
    on Saturday, quit after a few attempts and came back last night to find my save game gone from the console.

From Googling, it appears to be pretty widespread.

Unfortunately, it means I will be trading mine in having only played as Robin the once. Ah well.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Ending\Sequel talk:
    I really hope the villain in the next game will be Red Hood. I think thats the best choice they could make.

Not sure what to make of the Harley Quinn preggers test. I can't picture it being Joker's doing?

I also read Rocksteady might be releasing DLC that will be campagin missions. Anyone else hear any info on this?

Joker singing Only You at the end was truly haunting.
    The Read Hood would make some sense and would be a good choice as a villian. It really was a shame that Robin wasn't in it al much. Would have been nice to see the transformation or at least begin it.

Although the Black Mask was briefly in the game I'd say he will be thrown into the mix. No doubt the killer from the Identity theft sade mission would no doubt make a cameo too. Azrael too while I'm at it. The stuff in the secret hatch points towards Strange definitely making a return but that could just be a red herring.

Draupnir wrote: »
    There appears to be a bug in the game that deletes your saved game file randomly, so maybe back up your saves if you can. I lost mine yesterday, having finished the story mode. I was playing the
    Catwoman final story mission
    on Saturday, quit after a few attempts and came back last night to find my save game gone from the console.

Unfortunately, it means I will be trading mine in having only played as Robin the once. Ah well.
    Playstaion plus is your friend. Automatic upload is a great little feature.

• Advertisement

Draupnir wrote: »
    There appears to be a bug in the game that deletes your saved game file randomly, so maybe back up your saves if you can.

This almost happened to me a week or so back, with 70% complete. The ps3 was telling me my save file was corrupt and had to be deleted. I nearly had a heart attack, but after I rebooted it was all ok.

I've noticed that, lots of crashes/freezes, and a wierd graphical bug that pixelated everything and only went away after a reboot so far. The game seems to have a few little niggles in it, but the save file thing is unforgiveable, and would make me completely give up on a game and move on if it happened to me.

There's no excuse for not having online backup of save files included for free on both ps3 and 360. Charging for that feature is just not on, upload and password protected download should be standard in today's cloud-based technology world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Playstaion plus is your friend. Automatic upload is a great little feature.

I have a 360, so it's more like a second cousin that won't let me play with his toys than a friend!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

So Hush, and this Azreal charecter and possibly the return of The Scarecrow (due the secret hatch) But how is all this going to tie up to "the gates of hell opening up" and "Gotham & Batman Burning"

i am really hoping for campaign missions in the DLC, im not going to buy challenge rooms when I dont even play them... Infact they bug the shít out of me... how dare they make me feel inferior :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

So Hush, and this Azreal charecter and possibly the return of The Scarecrow (due the secret hatch) But how is all this going to tie up to "the gates of hell opening up" and "Gotham & Batman Burning"
    how dare they make me feel inferior :(

ONly bug me when i complete one and see that i am 504789th in the world at it :( And someone has done it in 3 seconds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Just finished the main story line lastnight, now tidying up on the collectibles and last side story before I go after Catwoman DLC.

Absolutely loved the game. The voice acting, storyline, little in jokes..was a joy to play through from start to finish.

Never really been mad on boss fights, thought some of these were brilliant though: especially:
    Ra's

Is the plus story mode much more of a challenge?

• Advertisement

maximoose wrote: »
    Just finished the main story line lastnight, now tidying up on the collectibles and last side story before I go after Catwoman DLC.

Absolutely loved the game. The voice acting, storyline, little in jokes..was a joy to play through from start to finish.

Never really been mad on boss fights, thought some of these were brilliant though: especially:
    Ra's

Is the plus story mode much more of a challenge?
    Yeah the story + mode is really tough
    Ras, Freeze, Grundy and clay face are much harder but the swarms of bad guys are the killers in it

You should download the catwoman dlc before you start as it changes the start of the game and splits up the main story at crucial points leaving cliffhangers throughout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Catwomans choice Mega Spoiler
    Dunno if anyone did it but if you picked Leave Gotham, Batman and Commis Gordon die and Joker runs amok, credits roll and it puts you back in the corridor as catwoman so its not really a choice

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Catwomans choice Mega Spoiler
    Dunno if anyone did it but if you picked Leave Gotham, Batman and Commis Gordon die and Joker runs amok, credits roll and it puts you back in the corridor as catwoman so its not really a choice
    Yeah but hearing Oracle in those credits are super creepy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Trading for Skyrim tomorrow. Done all the SP has to offer, and I'm getting full price back against Skyrim so strike while the iron is hot etc.

Will more than likely rebuy if they have more SP DLC, as the challenge rooms bore me. It's not that I'm bad, I'm decent enough at the fighting, but no interest in it, same for the last on.

NG+ was disappointingly easy. Only died once on Freeze, though it was harder and twice on Joker. Nothing too taxing, truth be told. Might have been a different story if I didn't have all the upgrades (freeze grenade FTW!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

They could easily
    tie the Hush subplot and Red Hood together for 3. Especially since (in the comics) Red Hood confirmed that Bruce was Batman for Hush. It's also interesting that they haven't mentioned Jason Todd at all, despite Dick and Tim being present

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

anyone want to trade batman arkham city for battlefield 3 on the PS3?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

Get to Game quick for that 99c deal, Nodferatu. I believe it's on until the 3rd. I know HMV were selling BF3 for €5 too if you trade Batman but I don't know when that finishes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

The game was overrated in comparison to the unique Arkham Asylum. Hate to see reviewers get it so wrong.. or not? Backhanders?? Fanboys.. giddy hype merchants / victims but at least now I know I can't trust em ever again the game should total low 80s at best, why just short of perfect?! also seemed smaller despite the environment being larger. capitalizing on a good build / concept from first time out I felt - also did the graphics suffer because it's a supposedly larger environment, certainly busier as they seem worse too

Still a very good game. But NOT better than the unique arkham asylum as reviews led me to believe and thats not even an opinion, gonna go headstrong on this one as it is most certainly worse

Mr. K wrote: »
    They could easily
    tie the Hush subplot and Red Hood together for 3. Especially since (in the comics) Red Hood confirmed that Bruce was Batman for Hush. It's also interesting that they haven't mentioned Jason Todd at all, despite Dick and Tim being present
    That was todd that gave you the line launcher as nightwing will be the first DLC

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭KalEl88

Feck sake, I had to reformat the PS3 the other night and lost all my DLC. My catwoman dlc code was thrown out, and I can't log into my psn account (email no longer in use and dunno the password).

Anyone know if you can buy the catwoman dlc off the PSN?

• Advertisement

Yeah you can buy it Live so im sure PSN have it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,962 ✭✭✭✭Penn

That was todd that gave you the line launcher as nightwing will be the first DLC
    No, that was Tim Drake, the third Robin. Don't think there was any mention of Todd at all, even in riddles

Penn wrote: »
    No, that was Tim Drake, the third Robin. Don't think there was any mention of Todd at all, even in riddles
    Ahh my mistake.
    I watched the cartoon "under the red hood" after you mentioned it a few pages ago he would be a badass villan.
    But it dosent gel with the Gates of hell malarky that azaerl fellow was talking about

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

LH Pathe wrote: »
    Still a very good game. But NOT better than the unique arkham asylum as reviews led me to believe and thats not even an opinion, gonna go headstrong on this one as it is most certainly worse

It is just an opinion, as there are countless other people whose opinion is the opposite of yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

I think the fact we have nightwing and an older tim drake is the hint towards red hood for number 3. Has anyone read up on the deciphered codes? The first 2 are something like YOU WILL PAY FOR WHAT YOU HAVE DONE TO ME and I WILL RETURN. Some think its joker but IMO that would be a huge diservice to the ending of this game. I'm not good at that kind of thing but the third code seems to be translated as I AM YOUR DARKEST NIGHTMARE DARK KNIGHT GOTHAM WAITS FOR HIS SAVIOR. Go with that and the secret hatch that shows scarecrow as escaped to gotham possibly due to the falcones and I think what we have here is an intresting retread of KNIGHTFALL saga involving azrael, hush, red hood and scarecrow.
    Azrael's warnings of the city of fire could have just been about protocol 10 because you cant finish that sidequest once it happens. It could be also be about gotham in ruin as scarecrows new fear gas/possible titan formula hybrid wrecks havoc while the red hood has also shown up at the same time and gone on the rampage.
    Hard to say who hush is with here. the writer of the game's has hush's child pyschologist as Dr Crane so he could be helping one or the other or be the main villain. Whatever happens though, it should be a gem of a game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Azrael's warnings of the city of fire could have just been about protocol 10 because you cant finish that sidequest once it happens
    Uh yes you can. I finished it after the end of the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Azrael's warnings of the city of fire could have just been about protocol 10 because you cant finish that sidequest once it happens

Same here.

Really?
    I had 60% done and figured I'd leave it off but couldnt finish in my first playthrough. Had to do it new game+. Even checked it there and I still cant finish it on my original playthrough. Could just be a glitch on my end then.

Really?
    I had 60% done and figured I'd leave it off but couldnt finish in my first playthrough. Had to do it new game+. Even checked it there and I still cant finish it on my original playthrough. Could just be a glitch on my end then.
    You sure you're looking in the right places? I too finished it after I completed the game.

• Advertisement

You sure you're looking in the right places? I too finished it after I completed the game.

Yeah
    The last one is at the building opposite penguin's hideout but he wouldnt show up for me. Well I guess whatever he says is definitely relevant to number 3 so.

Advertisement