Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman Arkham City Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,713 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Delighted to hear that it's only a single player game.
    "You were killed by Batman"
    "Batman killed you with a Batarang"
    "Batman killed batman with Headshot"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Online isnt as good as i thought it would be when i heard about it before i bought a next gen console, there's only a few gd online games that i got addicted to cod4,bfbc2,uncharted 2, mgo and killzone. i prefer single player only games so developers can just concentrate and make it the most enjoyable , cinematic experience possible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

i prefer single player only games so developers can just concentrate and make it the most enjoyable , cinematic experience possible

Amen to that!
    Sadly the majority of publishers don't see it that way and force their devs to shoehorn multiplayer into a game that really doesn't need it. It seems like such a waste of valuable dev time and talent sometimes.

Fair play to Rocksteady for sticking to their guns batarangs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,491 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Hmmm!

someone had inspiration

ss_preview_7266.jpg.jpg?slideshow=true

Jeanette Voerman?

2075122521_ed585e7c43.jpg

Harley Quinn?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,713 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

now all she needs is teeth and swords, an aversion to light, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,546 ✭✭✭✭Varik

New screen shots.

62262859.png

32390193.png

42212931.png

86337983.png

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭TheTosh

Harley looks like she's been spending some time in good aul Fibber McGee's, dam I love that place

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

TheTosh wrote: »
    Harley looks like she's been spending some time in good aul Fibber McGee's, dam I love that place

I gotta start going to Fibber's in that case...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

the women don't look like that in fibbers, and the walls sweat :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Varik wrote: »
    New screen shots.
    62262859.png

I think Joker is pullin a trollface :pac: :
    troll-face_design.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

Looks like Joker got a serious bit of acne going on in that screenshot.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭TheTosh

It looks like he's pulling himself off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 seriousbuns

gonna be epic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

A lot of sites have new Arkham City previews up now.I think they are from Microsofts X11 event that from what I read was a Gigantic waste of time & money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

GTR63 wrote: »
    A lot of sites have new Arkham City previews up now.I think they are from Microsofts X11 event that from what I read was a Gigantic waste of time & money.

Gamespot Preview:

http://www.gamespot.com/events/msshowcase2011/story.html?sid=6300792&pid=981375&mode=previews

Great to see the Riddler trophies making a return!

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Gamespot Preview:

http://www.gamespot.com/events/msshowcase2011/story.html?sid=6300792&pid=981375&mode=previews

Great to see the Riddler trophies making a return!

Thanks for posting the link sheehy83.Pity there isn't much in the way of new info.I think they missed a Trick by not having Deadshot be the one who pulled the trigger.Can't wait for this,just hope its not released too close to Mass Effect 3,Uncharted 3 & Gears 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 ScoreX

Can't wait for this game, probably the most anticipated game of the year for me anyway.

Rocksteady announced a October 21st release date.Thats 7 months away but at least we know when its out. Wonder will they do a special edition,I always regreted not getting the Batarang last time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Rocksteady announced a October 21st release date.Thats 7 months away but at least we know when its out. Wonder will they do a special edition,I always regreted not getting the Batarang last time.
    Dont. The batarang was sh!t

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,191 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Bought Arkham Asylum a few weeks back and finished it yesterday.
    Brilliant game, miles better than I thought it'd be.
    Joker is a fantastic character in it, top class acting by whoever played him.
    The Scarecrow parts were excellent too.
    Can't wait for the next one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

J. Marston wrote: »

That was Mark Hamill aka Luke Skywalker. He does the voice in the cartoons too. Sadly, he said that Arkham City will be the last time he does the voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

J. Marston wrote: »

It was Mark Hamill (aka Luke Skywalker) - He did the voice of the Joker in the fantastic Batman Animated Series from the 90's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

It was Mark Hamill (aka Luke Skywalker) - He did the voice of the Joker in the fantastic Batman Animated Series from the 90's
    Ninja'd! :P

There are new previews on Cvg & Eurogamer today.I haven't read them yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

There are new previews on Cvg & Eurogamer today.I haven't read them yet.

can someone post the cvg preview on here as the powers that be are blocking all the fun sites. you'll get a big thumbs up!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I still havent completed the first one, too many games to get through but what i did play of it was fantastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Dcully wrote: »
    I still havent completed the first one, too many games to get through but what i did play of it was fantastic.

Well worth finishing it. Some of the Scarecrow scenes are mind blowing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Rocksteady announced a October 21st release date.Thats 7 months away but at least we know when its out. Wonder will they do a special edition,I always regretted not getting the Batarang last time.
    Of all the collector's editions I've bought, that has been the worst one. The batarang was plastic and stuck to the actual pedestal. And the game didn't even come in a plastic/metal case. It was in a book type thing that was cheap and plasticy. Great game, but terrible collector's edition.

Own it on both PS3 and PC. Really looking forward to this one too. Like the changes that they appear to have made (i.e. not being so reliant on detective vision )

Of all the collector's editions I've bought, that has been the worst one. The batarang was plastic and stuck to the actual pedestal. And the game didn't even come in a plastic/metal case. It was in a book type thing that was cheap and plasticy. Great game, but terrible collector's edition.

I thought the Batarang was metalic. I was even thinking of putting a ad up on Adverts looking for it.I hope the new game has a cool collectors edition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I thought the Batarang was metalic. I was even thinking of putting a ad up on Adverts looking for it.I hope the new game has a cool collectors edition.
    Nope.Just very sh!tty plastic

Advertisement