Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman Arkham City Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

one thing i've noticed on my xbox and my mate's is that sometimes (it's happened to me twice, happened to my mate yesterday, not for the first time) AC won't load up from the dashboard - it just goes to black as normal, and then nothing! but restart the xbox and try the exact same thing and it's grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Just one black screen once coming out of th sewer into te processing center.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

jaykhunter wrote: »
    one thing i've noticed on my xbox and my mate's is that sometimes (it's happened to me twice, happened to my mate yesterday, not for the first time) AC won't load up from the dashboard - it just goes to black as normal, and then nothing! but restart the xbox and try the exact same thing and it's grand.

Yes same here, not every time mind. I'd say 1 in 5 times maybe.

Damn I love playing as Nightwing, I really wish there was some story mode with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I still haven't unlocked the Line Launcher. I'm just after defeating
    The Penguin at the Meuseum
    . I'm just worried that the only way to unlock it is to beat all the AR Training missions. I've one left and I just an't beat it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I've had a few freezes that crashed the game and one issue with a save file not being read. All while playing arkham city.

Nothing console breaking so far tho (fingers crossed).

It happened me just as I was going to the factory area to fight
    The Joker for the 2nd time, where he has loads of henchmen, just before that
    . its worrying that Uncharted froze twice last night, same issue with Arkham, game just freezes, music keeps playing, cant press the PS button to bring up the xmb, can just power off. I think I'll return the replacement console and cut my loss with Arkham, not worth the risk. or its a massive coincidence

I still haven't unlocked the Line Launcher. I'm just after defeating
    The Penguin at the Meuseum
    . I'm just worried that the only way to unlock it is to beat all the AR Training missions. I've one left and I just an't beat it.
    You get the linelauncher after chasing the ninjess which is the next mission.

All these black screens etc could be a result of a dodgy firmware upgrade by sony. It wouldn't be the most unusual thing in the world for there to be a few bugs in the playstation OS, and I've never had blackouts or freeze-ups before.

The fact that it's happening to some people lately during more than one game would point to a bigger issue than just a dodgy disc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Just finished the Story there a few minutes ago. The ending felt a bit rushed, wasnt expecting
    Clayface to be the final boss
    :eek:

Overall it was a good story and really improved on Arkham Asylum. Now to go back and do all riddlers challenges and side missions :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,989 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Can anyone help me out, im at the bit after defeating strange, following the tracker, but then i end up in the middle of a heap of snipers.

Any help?

• Advertisement

Darksaga87 wrote: »
    Can anyone help me out, im at the bit after defeating strange, following the tracker, but then i end up in the middle of a heap of snipers.

Any help?

You just have to take them out one-by-one. Use silent take towns and ledge take downs so you wont be detected. And stay out of the beams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

he's right, come in from behind and the side and work your way in a big circle (so you're never between two snipers) -- generally snipers from the other side of the road won't ever find you. Go in, silent takedown, don't smash 'em, go out) always hunching, lol

if it goes brown trousers remember the smoke bomb and also u have the
    freeze grenade
    (double tap right trigger for quick throw)

jaykhunter wrote: »
    if it goes brown trousers remember the smoke bomb and also u have the
    freeze grenade
    (double tap right trigger for quick throw)

Ya i used them for the
    2 guards in front of the door
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,989 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Got past it without coming back to the thread. :)

Like a baus.

Thanks for the tips.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,542 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Just started there: must admit they could have done with a more in-depth tutorial!

Decided to play on hard - will this prove to be a bad decision? Don't see a difficulty adjustment option in-game, so guess I'm stuck with it unless I change soon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Just started there: must admit they could have done with a more in-depth tutorial!

Decided to play on hard - will this prove to be a bad decision? Don't see a difficulty adjustment option in-game, so guess I'm stuck with it unless I change soon!
    Nah. You'll die a bit but after a while you'll get the hang of it. If you find you're dying quite a bit it might be worth it to upgrade your melee armour first. Hard really isnt that hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Only have 1 physical challenge and 1 predator challenge to do in then and then i've all 400 Riddler jobs done. Starting to focus on the Combat training missions before diving into the New game +. Still really enjoying the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

I'm a bit annoyed, I loaded the game, played for about 15%, then got that Catwoman DLC issue where you have to start again. Fine, I think but then I notice that I can't see the AR training icon. Is there some way of getting that to start? I was doing it before the game went tits up, and I deleted the save and started again, never had the option for the AR training since.

I dont think its possible to get bored of this game, i am on playthrough three and its just as exciting.

Also I may of shouted "SWEAR TO ME" at my girlfriend when she said "I swear to god"... It was awesome but she didnt talk to me for a few hours... which was awesome because i got to play Batman more :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Liquidswords

I may of shouted "SWEAR TO ME" at my girlfriend when she said "I swear to god"... It was awesome but she didnt talk to me for a few hours... which was awesome because i got to play Batman more :cool:

dead.gif

Finished the story and all the side missions except the riddler one, there's only 2 trophies left and I know where they are and how you should get them but don't know how to get them. They both require you to blow the fusebox but there doesn't seem to be an electricity charge to do so about.

One's in the subway in the room where the squad with the guy with a communications jammer is and the other one's directly behind the church in one of those security cave things that be in the walls of the city.

Anyone know how to get them it's polluting the life clean out of me.

• Advertisement

dead.gif

Finished the story and all the side missions except the riddler one, there's only 2 trophies left and I know where they are and how you should get them but don't know how to get them. They both require you to blow the fusebox but there doesn't seem to be an electricity charge to do so about.

One's in the subway in the room where the squad with the guy with a communications jammer is and the other one's directly behind the church in one of those security cave things that be in the walls of the city.

Anyone know how to get them it's polluting the life clean out of me.
    You can use your REC too. I know thats how to get the subway one and i think its the other one too.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Liquidswords

You can use your REC too. I know thats how to get the subway one and i think its the other one too.

Thanks, got them. I'm a dumbass and Riddler just got taken down to chinatown.

Darksaga87 wrote: »

Any help?

Bit late on this, but in case it helps anyone else, look for snipers that aren't being covered by other snipers. Theyre all covering each others back, so take one out silently when he's not covered, and disappear, then move onto the one he was covering by sneaking off and circling around behind him.

Do it slowly, don't rush it. Start with the guys on the rooves near ace chemicals. One of these guys isn't being covered by anyone, he was the only one I could see that was vulnerable, so get him, then move on to the one he was keeping an eye on, and so on. Sit on top of the ace chemicals sign and plan your attack, pick the order youre going to hit them in, watch their line of sight patterns and look for gaps in their cover, and if you get spotted, leg it!!

The last 2 snipers outside the theatre door can be nobbled with the disruptor from a distance, and then just given a good kicking.

thought the ending was a bit disappointing, not the final cutscene, that was great, the boss fight was ridiculously easy. can you go back into the campaign and finish the riddler challenges without restarting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

krudler wrote: »
    thought the ending was a bit disappointing, not the final cutscene, that was great, the boss fight was ridiculously easy. can you go back into the campaign and finish the riddler challenges without restarting?

Yes, just press continue.

chrislad wrote: »
    Yes, just press continue.

I had another Catwoman chapter to play after I finished the Batman story, will do that and go back to do more challenges, I forgot to go back to
    Bane
    after destroying the titan containers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,546 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I did think the end fight would be easyer when i say who it was and knowing batman villains, freeze grenade made by freeze ready at hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

The challenge rooms are much easier than AA in my opinion.....just finished them all.

Great game, might try for the platinum.

Played Normal kicked its ass, played normal story + it kicked my ass... Then I played hard... like a boss... should I start hard story + mode hmmmmmm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Did you finish normal story +?

For my second play through I'm undecided whether to go up to hard difficulty or at normal again using game +.

Advertisement