Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman Arkham City Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Yeah I did Normal +, it was kind of the same sans the counter warnings until I got to Rás, then I had to stop and bone up in the challenge rooms. It is hard and I have started + on hard mode and it is quite difficult I had to do the courtroom fight at the start three times before I got it... I fear for my sanity at some of the later fights.

Yeah I did Normal +, it was kind of the same sans the counter warnings until I got to Rás, then I had to stop and bone up in the challenge rooms

You can beat the big fights easily if you have a bit of patience and use this strategy. Vault over an enemy, then hit them once, then vault over another one immediately, and hit someone else, and so on. If you use critical strikes, 3 hits will get you a combo takedown, you're down one enemy, and just repeat endlessly until they're all KO'd.

Just don't stay on the ground long enough to be hit, use the disarm and destroy to clear out any dangerous weapons first, then focus on takedowns. If you're brave you can use combat explosive gel to floor a few of them at the same time and use a multi takedown on them.

It's not exciting but it works...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

PC version delayed....again.
    Until November 25th
    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/11/08/arkham-city-pc-release-date/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

PC version delayed....again.
    Until November 25th
    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/11/08/arkham-city-pc-release-date/

For a moment i'd thought that I had opened the Skyrim topic. Nearly had a stroke.. :eek:

You can beat the big fights easily if you have a bit of patience and use this strategy. Vault over an enemy, then hit them once, then vault over another one immediately, and hit someone else, and so on. If you use critical strikes, 3 hits will get you a combo takedown, you're down one enemy, and just repeat endlessly until they're all KO'd.

Just don't stay on the ground long enough to be hit, use the disarm and destroy to clear out any dangerous weapons first, then focus on takedowns. If you're brave you can use combat explosive gel to floor a few of them at the same time and use a multi takedown on them.

It's not exciting but it works...
    I tried this but found it much more economical to get as high a free flow as possible... ive yet to face Rás's lot yet.
    I am really enjoying my fourth play through :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,542 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I'm actually finding this tricky on normal first time around :eek:

The
    Poison Ivy
    henchmen fight just gave me a headache. Everytime I got to the top the little red projectiles would get me :( Eventually got there, but much frustration later. Thought me the joys of flurry attack though.

Jumping from bullet hell DoDonPachi to Arkham City, and Arkham City was the controller flinging game :pac:

I'm actually finding this tricky on normal first time around :eek:

The
    Poison Ivy
    henchmen fight just gave me a headache. Everytime I got to the top the little red projectiles would get me :( Eventually got there, but much frustration later. Thought me the joys of flurry attack though.

Jumping from bullet hell DoDonPachi to Arkham City, and Arkham City was the controller flinging game :pac:
    A quick batarang should sort you out there with the poison ivy battle. You've probably finished it though.

I tried this but found it much more economical to get as high a free flow as possible... ive yet to face Rás's lot yet.
    I am really enjoying my fourth play through :D

For that fight in particular, I found that just zipping around with critical strikes and evades and going for takedowns and multi takedowns as soon as they're available worked well. Its a bit of a slog though. That one and the last boss fight (no names mentioned) were a real pain without counter icons. Pick off the stragglers around the edges and thin out the numbers and it gets a lot more manageable.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Borat_Sagdiyev

For that fight in particular, I found that just zipping around with critical strikes and evades and going for takedowns and multi takedowns as soon as they're available worked well. Its a bit of a slog though. That one and the last boss fight (no names mentioned) were a real pain without counter icons. Pick off the stragglers around the edges and thin out the numbers and it gets a lot more manageable.

For that last boss fight, all you really need to do is avoid getting hit. Just counter everything, you won't get a high hit rate, but you won't be losing energy either.

Also that freeze bomb thing works a treat, fire that into a crowd, beat up the ones you miss, rinse and repeat... really helps on larger numbers.
    The joker the titan and abromivich is a fúcking nightmare

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,542 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

A quick batarang should sort you out there with the poison ivy battle. You've probably finished it though.

I struggled through eventually. It was the Catwoman section, though, so was still getting used to her combo moves. The 'quick use' buttons just feel, I dunno, awkward or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Yeah the quick-fire controls are my one complaint about the handling of the game. Far too clunky, too many options and just don't feel natural like the quick batarang did in AA.

Yeah, wasn't too enamoured by the quickfire controls. Clunky is a perfect word for it. I could never get used to which was which. They didn't emphasise the use of the quick gadgets enough during the main storyline which means that they just get neglected. It shouldn't need to take you to get to new game + to become familiar with all the combat mechanics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Haven't started game+ yet, is it difficult?

I've spent all my time doing teh challenge rooms and campaigns. All done now, just a few scraps to clean up for the platinum. Much easier so far than AA.....but enjoyable!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Just started my New game + last night. So far it's not too hard. Just chasing down the penguins jamming devices now so early into it. Didn't realise I'd have to do all the Side missions and AR training again which is a bit of a pain but we'll get there. Still loving the game. Get the New Game + boxed off now soon and I'll concentrate on the last 70 odd medals in the Campaign challenges

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Haven't started game+ yet, is it difficult?

Game+ yet is much more interesting, the thugs start out with the armour and car door shields you only saw towards the end of regular game, but you have all your lovely gadgets, so if you know how to use them you'll be fairly ok.

The counter move flashy sign is gone too, so you REALLY have to pay attention to how many guys are about to hit you. With combat as frantic as it is, the loss of those signs can really throw you off your combo.

Sarky wrote: »
    Game+ yet is much more interesting, the thugs start out with the armour and car door shields you only saw towards the end of regular game, but you have all your lovely gadgets, so if you know how to use them you'll be fairly ok.

The counter move flashy sign is gone too, so you REALLY have to pay attention to how many guys are about to hit you. With combat as frantic as it is, the loss of those signs can really throw you off your combo.
    Another thing IF you get hit you are probably going to take three or four hits because of it in big groups of bad guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Sounds good. I'd imagine evade is my friend....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

If I start a New Game +, will i lose all the riddler trophies, side missions, etc or can i keep playing the regular game to collect everything?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

If I start a New Game +, will i lose all the riddler trophies, side missions, etc or can i keep playing the regular game to collect everything?

You don't 'lose' anything. Not sure if the riddler trophies you've already collected show up again though. Can't recall! You can keep playing the regular game to collect everything though. Probably easier to do that, and just concentrate on the fights in NG+

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭Sparko

I just got a prompt to install a 6mb update (xbox version), went ahead with it as I usually would - poxy thing has erased my save game.

I'm actually seething with rage here.

Sparko wrote: »
    I just got a prompt to install a 6mb update (xbox version), went ahead with it as I usually would - poxy thing has erased my save game.

I'm actually seething with rage here.
    I installed that yesterday with no problems, sorry for your loss :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

If you start game+, all the riddles you've solved the first time are already solved. You're just continuing on where you left off after regular game there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭Sparko

Is there any way to download save games on the xbox? I was a little over 40% in, I really don't fancy starting from scratch, especially with skyrim arriving soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I finished the main story last night. Still have plenty of Riddler trophies to find and a couple of side missions. I'm 55% complete according to the stats.

I really enjoyed this game. Certainly one of the best this year. In fact, it is probably my favourite taking over from Deus Ex. I was a little surprised by the final boss. When I was fighting that character I didn't expect it to be the very end.

Was anyone else a little underwhelmed by how the story wrapped up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

The guy who owns Chelsea is in the game?! :pac:

Found myself going back and doing more riddles to continue that side-quest. Aimlessly wandering about looking for the boys in green to give up the locations!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,962 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah, hardest part of the game for me. I could actually deal with it pretty well, were it not for the f*cking rollercoaster carts. Just to add in a random element to proceedings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Penn wrote: »
    Yeah, hardest part of the game for me. I could actually deal with it pretty well, were it not for the f*cking rollercoaster carts. Just to add in a random element to proceedings

Piss easy tbh
    Use the electric gun and he will take out the other guys for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Hmm, there was an XBL update for Arkham City today - any idea what it was about?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,962 ✭✭✭✭Penn

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Piss easy tbh
    Use the electric gun and he will take out the other guys for you.
    Yeah, that was fine. The problem was after clearing all the henchmen, you're left with Joker, Hammer guy and the Titan. I could hit the Hammer guy with the Electric gun to then hit the Titan, but it's avoiding/fighting Joker in between, or trying to hit the Hammer guy instead of Joker or the Titan which kept causing me to get hit by the carts. Wasn't stuck on it for ages, but was just the hardest part of the game in my opinion.

Advertisement