Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman Arkham City Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,191 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Okay, I'm still playing this so I closed my eyes while scrolling down the page to avoid spoilers but can anyone help me with the Deadshot side mission?

I have finished the first victim but the second victim isn't spawning or triggering, I read that you're supposed to play the game and it'll happen eventually but I've been playing for ages now....
    I'm at the point where I have to make the Mr. Freeze cure at GCPD after interrogating Quincy
    ....so, any idea when it should trigger?

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

J. Marston wrote: »
    Okay, I'm still playing this so I closed my eyes while scrolling down the page to avoid spoilers but can anyone help me with the Deadshot side mission?

I have finished the first victim but the second victim isn't spawning or triggering, I read that you're supposed to play the game and it'll happen eventually but I've been playing for ages now....
    I'm at the point where I have to make the Mr. Freeze cure at GCPD after interrogating Quincy
    ....so, any idea when it should trigger?

Thanks.
    I think you just have to wait. I don't think I got the second victim until well after I'd dealt with Freeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

humanji wrote: »
    I think you just have to wait. I don't think I got the second victim until well after I'd dealt with Freeze.

I didn't get it until after finishing the main game. You have to roam around a certain area too.

humanji wrote: »

I didn't even tackle the side missions till after i finished the story. I found them all very easy to concentrate on that way. No waiting around to see if things appeared for me, i could just go from point to point sorting them all out.

Speaking of which, i've only got one side mission left to complete. Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 is starting to get old so i'll be back in black and out to get the riddler this weekend.:D

So many bloody trophies still to find....:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Is the patch working for the PC version?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Has they finally pushed the patch out?

Am wandering around arkham city collecting the last of the riddler trophies, and I can't help thinking batman is looking a bit scraggy. I might pick up that skins pack DLC that's due on tuesday, just to clean him up a bit.

Dammit. Rocksteady marketing guys-2, me-nuthin :-/

Finished the game, roaming around the City picking up trophies, finishing up some side missions and that Deadshot second mission still won't trigger/activate. I'm just assuming it's a glitch now, feck it.

Still going to look for Riddler secrets though, I like the Enigma side-missions.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

J. Marston wrote: »
    Finished the game, roaming around the City picking up trophies, finishing up some side missions and that Deadshot second mission still won't trigger/activate. I'm just assuming it's a glitch now, feck it.

Still going to look for Riddler secrets though, I like the Enigma side-missions.
    Is it pointing you to a destination? If so the body is on the highway.

Is it pointing you to a destination? If so the body is on the highway.

Ha, just a while ago I heard a loud gunshot and Oracle told me that was Deadshot. The victim was on the bridge, completed that investigation so just waiting for victim number three now.

• Advertisement

OK, done. 100% on the story mode, every collectible, trophy, side mission, and everything else has been got, and the riddler has been given a right kicking. Next stop, challenge mode.

Man, catwoman controls like crap. If you're in a hurry, or trying to do stealth in particular, she is a total liability, ESPECIALLY when there are guns around. I should never have bothered installing that DLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

OK, done. 100% on the story mode, every collectible, trophy, side mission, and everything else has been got, and the riddler has been given a right kicking. Next stop, challenge mode.

Man, catwoman controls like crap. If you're in a hurry, or trying to do stealth in particular, she is a total liability, ESPECIALLY when there are guns around. I should never have bothered installing that DLC.

yea I'm the same as you. got all the batman cheevs but can't be bothered going through all the challenges with Catwoman. I did the fighting one's which were easy enough but she's so much harder to use on the predator maps that I gave up after completing one. The idea of then tackling the Campaign challenges with her was far too much to handle.

My hat is off to the people who put themselves through the DLC's for this as doing the challenges with Batman was ok but took ages but I can't fathom doing all the 3 more times with different characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,334 ✭✭✭Heckler

I got around to installing Arkham City last night after picking it up last week (retail disk). After about a 40min install I set up an account for windows live and then it tells me my product number is invalid. WTF ?

I can play away with an offline profile but I don't get acheivments or DLC. I can live with that but i guess i won't be able to get any patches that might be coming. Anyone else have this problem ? A quick google doesn't provide any real answers. It seems people are getting no response from support. Swore after Bioshock and AA i wouldn't touch another GFWL product but here I go again. GFWL POS.

Good news! The PC patch is out, apparently.
    Bad news! It ****s up the game even more on 32bit Windows.

Who here is still using a 32bit OS?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

i'm still using XP if that's what you're asking! 32 bit. Just "upgraded" to 4GB ram as well. My dell frankenstein is 9 years old :)

djkeogh wrote: »
    can't be bothered going through all the challenges with Catwoman. I did the fighting one's which were easy enough but she's so much harder to use on the predator maps that I gave up after completing one. The idea of then tackling the Campaign challenges with her was far too much to handle

Yep, exactly right. I've accepted that this is one batman game i won't be getting 100% on. Catwoman's just too awkward to deal with the hassle of trying to control her stealthily enough for predator challenges and campaigns.

I figured that out after the Two Face boss fight in the museum at the end of her DLC. I took an hour trying to do it via stealth, and dying lots of times cos of crap controls, before i figured out that it was better to just lure all the henchmen to the ground floor opposite end of the museum to where he was on the first floor balcony, then run up behind him, take him down, and then noisily beat the sh1te out of him until you get the cutscene, ignoring all the henchmen shooting at you.

Stealth smelth.....:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,942 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Bought it on release - and my copy is still sitting in it's plastic!

batman-56800-albums-signatures-picture6354-facepalm.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Skyrim?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,942 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Skyrim?
    No, just been busy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Me too.......

KILLIN' DRAGONS!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,616 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I have it too, barely played, as far as the first Catwoman sequence then back to Dark Souls to suffer some more.
    Same happened with Arkham Asylum, it languished for ages before I got back to it, but I did and it was great so no doubts about this one as well.

Sometimes though, it feels just a little too much like Assassins Creed...

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I have it too, barely played, as far as the first Catwoman sequence then back to Dark Souls to suffer some more.
    Same happened with Arkham Asylum, it languished for ages before I got back to it, but I did and it was great so no doubts about this one as well.

Sometimes though, it feels just a little too much like Assassins Creed...

True, there's been times when hanging from the edge of a building that I wanted to pull a thug to his death.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,402 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

5uspect wrote: »
    Good news! The PC patch is out, apparently.
    Bad news! It ****s up the game even more on 32bit Windows.

Who here is still using a 32bit OS?

It destroys the game on Vista 64bit too. The periodic, but once off, stuttering in DX11 when loading textures, is instead replaced with a frame rate of 3 per second, thus completely breaking the game.

Ouch.
    I've heard that the current nVidia drivers don't help much either. Any news from AMD?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Spear wrote: »
    It destroys the game on Vista 64bit too. The periodic, but once off, stuttering in DX11 when loading textures, is instead replaced with a frame rate of 3 per second, thus completely breaking the game.
    I only got the game yesterday so I don't wan to spend to much time in this thread but I tried running the game on full settings with DX11 features but it stuttered on occasion. I turned off the DX11 features and it seems pretty good now. It didn't seem like regular slow down on DX11 it just seemed to stutter every so often.

Is this likely to be a driver issue more than my PC can't run it on full settings?

I have an i7 2600k, GTX460, 16gb ram.

ScumLord wrote: »
    I only got the game yesterday so I don't wan to spend to much time in this thread but I tried running the game on full settings with DX11 features but it stuttered on occasion. I turned off the DX11 features and it seems pretty good now. It didn't seem like regular slow down on DX11 it just seemed to stutter every so often.

Is this likely to be a driver issue more than my PC can't run it on full settings?

I have an i7 2600k, GTX460, 16gb ram.

The crappy DX11 performance is a known issue. It seems that they didn't get the game ready in the time it was delayed so pushed out the old version instead. The disk version was compiled in September apparently. There is a patch out today that is supposed to fix DX11 but doesn't play well for 32bit Windows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

The crappy DX11 performance is a known issue. It seems that they didn't get the game ready in the time it was delayed so pushed out the old version instead. The disk version was compiled in September apparently. There is a patch out today that is supposed to fix DX11 but doesn't play well for 32bit Windows.
    I'll have to check which version I have, windows live insisted on an update last night before I could play and I assumed it was for batman which means my DX11 problem is with the new patch.

Although having said that it looks lovely without the DX11 stuff turned on whatever it does.

It basically just adds tessellation and soft shadows.

EDIT: Just ran the patch. Everything maxed out, including PhysX, and it's running pretty smooth in DX11 now with no stutters in the 15 mins or so of gliding about Arkham. Getting about 50 to 60 fps with occasional dips to the 40s.

Specs:
    i7 920 at stock
    6GB of Cosair RAM
    1280MB EVGA GTX570 HD Superclocked

Haven't seen anything too heavy on PhysX at the moment but if performance drops I'll consider sticking in my GTX275.
    I'll take a few screen shots to compare with DX9 later and see how the performance holds out once I get into the action a bit more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Spear wrote: »
    Just ran the patch. Everything maxed out, including PhysX, and it's running pretty smooth in DX11 now with no stutters in the 15 mins or so of gliding about Arkham. Getting about 50 to 60 fps with occasional dips to the 40s.

So it seems the patch only works for some people and not others. ;(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,542 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Saved the fourth Riddler hostage and retrieved Catwoman's loot (a pointless, repetitive task made bearable by the fact that it was really short).

And with that, I think I'm done. I can think of better ways to spend my time then searching for another hundred and something Riddler trophies.

Advertisement