Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman Arkham City Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Penn wrote: »
    Not sure if I'm thinking of the right one, but
    I think you use the gel on the bottom row and hit the top ones with batarangs from the opposite roof

You are exactly right, all the internet tips say gel the top but thats impossibru

You are exactly right, all the internet tips say gel the top but thats impossibru

Gel the bottom row but don't detonate, then grapnel up to the roof. Detonate the 3 gels and immediately triple tap your quick batarang, it should automatically target the other 3 on the top row. If I remember correctly, I stood on a ventilator shaft on the wall dead opposite the top row of 3, then detonated, then triple tapped. That made it a lot easier to hit all 3 quickly and on target.

Here's a guide that explains it properly:
    http://guides.gamepressure.com/batmanarkhamcity/guide.asp?ID=12900

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Kinski

Just started playing this today. When I was a kid, this is how I imagined video games would be in the future! Loving it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 37 niall_h

Started playing this on my laptop yesterday but having a major issue:

went down the chimney looking to interrogate the Joker but need to use my explosive gel to progress. Problem is, the specified controls consist of what would appear to be a mouse wheel click to detonate. As I'm playing on a laptop I don't have one! Tried using the virtual scroll but it does nothing & tried every combination of left & right clicks.

Can anyone help? Very annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

niall_h wrote: »

went down the chimney looking to interrogate the Joker but need to use my explosive gel to progress. Problem is, the specified controls consist of what would appear to be a mouse wheel click to detonate. As I'm playing on a laptop I don't have one! Tried using the virtual scroll but it does nothing & tried every combination of left & right clicks.

Both buttons at once maybe?
    If not your laptop software should allow you to bind tapping the track pad or some other kind of gesture to bind as a middle mouse command.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

1288517561-Wired%20Controller-1.jpg

ROFL @ grizzly's pic. :D

But seriously, why would anyone want to play this game on a keyboard and mouse? It would be horribly difficult. The controls are too busy. I can't imagine trying to do any of the trickier sections like
    the funhouse brawl or the entire ras al ghoul trials & boss fight section
    for example, that way. You may as well forget about any of the predator challenges...

Think about investing in a control pad for this game. Ten or fifteen quid in PC world or wherever would make a world of difference to your playing experience.

Actually the game is just as easy with a mouse and keyboard as it is with a control pad(ie. too easy)

tuxy wrote: »
    Actually the game is just as easy with a mouse and keyboard as it is with a control pad(ie. too easy)

I can't imagine the trickier stuff like pulling off the achievement for a perfect combo with every quick gadget in the arsenal would be as easy on a keyboard and mouse as on a pad. Really?

If you're that good with your fingers you must be quite a hit with the ladies ;-)

Playing games with mouse and keyboard for 13 years now, you can imagine how much the ladies love that!

• Advertisement

tuxy wrote: »
    Both buttons at once maybe?
    If not your laptop software should allow you to bind tapping the track pad or some other kind of gesture to bind as a middle mouse command.

None of these are working, but cheers for the responses. Googled it & can't find any solutions online either. Updated my touchpad driver, still to no avail. It's actually quite handy to play with the keyboard, but looks like I'll soon be investing in a joypad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

None of these are working, but cheers for the responses. Googled it & can't find any solutions online either. Updated my touchpad driver, still to no avail. It's actually quite handy to play with the keyboard, but looks like I'll soon be investing in a joypad.
    Get an xbox one, every game will be ready to accept it plus many PC manuals seem to assume you have one as the manual looks like a very lazy port of the xbox one.

Found mouse click hot key software that replicates a middle click. Annoying that the game couldn't have been made to account for this, though.

Now in Wonder City & have to go around scanning robots but not sure how. The 1st robot I have to scan (by the closed door while tracking the League of Assassins) I got a prompt to do so by pressing X, but am not getting this prompt for any of the other robots. Googled it but found nothing. Any help?

Never mind. Got it!

Now in Wonder City & have to go around scanning robots but not sure how

Welcome to the most boring part of the game. Have fun doing mostly nothing for the next while...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Welcome to the most boring part of the game. Have fun doing mostly nothing for the next while...

Scan, scan .. fight .. scan, scan ,fight, scan, fight, scan scan fight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

I can't imagine the trickier stuff like pulling off the achievement for a perfect combo with every quick gadget in the arsenal would be as easy on a keyboard and mouse as on a pad. Really?
    Got all the Riddler challenges with keyboard and mouse, wasn't too difficult.
    I still suck at countering attacks though:
    "I CLICKED THE RIGHT MOUSE BUTTON DAMMIT HOW DID HE STILL HIT ME?" :mad:

On 70% completion, probably not going to bother with all the challenges or finish the AR training (I can fly good enough!)

Rabies wrote: »
    Scan, scan .. fight .. scan, scan ,fight, scan, fight, scan scan fight.

Actually it's "FIND, scan, FIND scan, fight, FIND.....:D

The fights were over in 30 seconds, but there was quite a bit of running around aimlessly looking for the robots in between. Took me ages to find the last one.

I was playing for collectibles too though, and i was damned if i was going all the way back down there after i had completed the story just to look for a few demon seals or scan a few riddles or whatever, so while i was there i got everything, all the breakables, all the riddles, all the trophies, etc.

It might've been cos of the approach i took, but i just felt like it was a load of wandering around for ages in what's basically an empty map with very little to do and very few enemies to duff up. It just put a lull on the action for a bit too long for me, and reminded me of running around an empty arkham asylum looking for riddles after I'd finished the story. What comes up after it was pretty fun though....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Loving this game, hove completed all the side missions except the political prisoners and the riddler of course. The game is too easy though (using keyboard and mouse) have switched to the game plus 1 and its still too easy, enjoyable though. Having trouble with the riddle about the 4 caged 3buttons below the crane just north of jokerland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Gamesradar have a handy guide to defeat the Riddlers evil mastermind plan of littering tiny statues all over the place.
    (If you're lazy about it)
    http://www.gamesradar.com/batman-arkham-city-riddler-guide/

• Advertisement

BopNiblets wrote: »
    Gamesradar have a handy guide to defeat the Riddlers evil mastermind plan of littering tiny statues all over the place.
    (If you're lazy about it)
    http://www.gamesradar.com/batman-arkham-city-riddler-guide/
    They mention about the security cameras in that article, whats the deal with those?

D wrote: »
    Having trouble with the riddle about the 4 caged 3buttons below the crane just north of jokerland.

The trick is
    to step on all 4 and not to stand on the ground/fence in between them.

To do it you
    hit the first one, then grapnel boost off the crane above, fly around, land on the second one, and so on..
    ScumLord wrote: »
    They mention about the security cameras in that article, whats the deal with those?

They're scattered around the city for strange to spy on batman and gather intel on him. You'll usually find them on street corners and outdoor walls at around ground level where the action is. There are some cctv control stations scattered around the city's rooftops, hack one with your cryptographic sequencer and you get the location of some of the cameras added to your map. Find all the cameras and bash them GOOD!

There are also demon seals, harley quinn heads, penguins, balloons, and various other breakables around the place to find and smash up.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭HelloYoungBoy

This is one of the most boring and tedious games I have ever played. Swing somewhere, fight badies with a repetitive combat system. Swing somewhere else and repeat. Throw in the odd scan for evidence section. I just dont know how this game got the reviews it got. Nothing about it that makes me want to play the game once I stop ( Have stopped for good playing now). No life in the game. Shoddy shoddy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I'm loving this :D love the city, makes me feel like properly batman, jumping off a building, diving for the ground, then pulling up and zipping up to a building, bloody brilliant :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Ok just finished the main batman storyline and onto a short catwoman section.
    PC Version my opinion

The game looks and plays very well , mouse and keyboard work perfect for me .

The story was excellent , i really did want to see where it was all going.

Charecters excellent, voice acting excellent.

Gameplay , very good but a bit repetitive , however i like the addition of different types od enemy as game goes on .

I would give it a 8.5/10

I just finished most of the main missions last night, at least there's bad guys around to beat up after the main story is over, I saw no point in continuing the last game once batman was left in there on his own.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

Guys i have a question if i may, relatively new to Arkham City (last game i played before this was street fighter 2 on the SNES!), i'm not sure where to ask this but will try here as its somewhat related.

Anyhoo, i have the xbox 360 a couple of months. Bought COD modern warfare 3 and Batman Arkham City. Have just completed Batman Arkham City main story part, really enjoyed it although have no great desire to go through the additional features solving the Riddler puzzles and so on. I found this to be more exciting than call of duty, but i'd like a change from another Batman game so am not keen on buying the original Arkham Asylem one just yet).

Any recommendations for something in a similar mould to the Batman game?. I am about half way through MW3 and i'm finding it a bit tedious (also its getting a bit hard for me, but i don't want to change it to beginner difficulty as when i tried that once it was a bit too easy and boring). STALKER shadow of chernobyl gets good reviws on here, would this be too much like MW3?. I suppose i want something that plays a bit like Batman that does not involve TOO much puzzle solving and brainpower..
    Thanks, again, i know this is a bit off-topic.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Assassin's Creed series maybe? The first one is a great idea but very very repetitive but the Assassin's Creed 2 is great. Also the Mass Effect games are great.

Any recommendations for something in a similar mould to the Batman game?

As posted, assasins creed 2 is good, takes a while to get going but is interesting and stealthy. There isn't really any other game out there exactly like the 2 batman ones rocksteady have done , you really should check out number one, or if you're more into the free roam action aspect of it than the stealth, give something like Grand theft auto 4 a go, it's fun, not too challenging, and has loads to do, and amazing levels of freedom. Also, if the last thing you played was street fighter on the snes, it will be a type of gameplay you're totally new to, nothing free roam existed back in the snes days, and GTA is the series that pioneered it.

Oh, and if you're still a street fighter fan, get super street fighter 4, it's pretty cheap now. It's loads of fun and one of the best beat em ups ever made. Incredibly deep, but instantly accessible regardless of your skill level.

Welcome to modern gaming. It's really really good. I would love to be new to Xbox right now, there's so much good stuff in the back catalogue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

Thanks for the replies, i have been having a look at the above games on You Tube to get an idea, both Mass Effects 2 and Assassin's Creed 2 look good. Hopefully i could get into these relatively easily without playing the original of the series?. I'll probbaly pick one up at the weekend. I will definitely play the original Batman game at some stage.
    S.T.A.L.K.E.R. looks a bit too like COD MW3 from what i can see, although with weird creatures to kill its probably more interesting.

Advertisement