Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman Arkham City Thread

Comments

Thanks for the replies, i have been having a look at the above games on You Tube to get an idea, both Mass Effects 2 and Assassin's Creed 2 look good. Hopefully i could get into these relatively easily without playing the original of the series?

You're welcome. Assasins creed 1 is quite boring. Not enough to do, endless empty space to explore. The sequel is much better and tells you all you need to know to play, but it takes a while to get going. I personally don't like the mass effect series, I like pure shooters, whereas I thought the RPG elements spoiled that series, but don't let my opinion put you off, it's only my opinion and those games are rated some of the best on the platform.

If you like shooters, you could try gears of war 1 to 3. The full trilogy is available now, all on Xbox 360, and all very good games and the series got better with each one.

Halo 3 and halo reach are also very good and have particularly good replay value. There's loads to do in both games particularly if you have Xbox live. Although you might find yourself a bit lost with the plot (different races of aliens all get together to gang up on humans 500 years in the future) because the first 2 games were on the old Xbox, if you just play by the old rule of "if they move, blast 'em" you'll do fine. Halo 3 ODST is a kind of expansion to halo 3, like a mini story, that changes the play style a bit. It wasnt bad, but didn't really sit well with the rest of the series "feel" to be honest, and really is only worth getting if you LOVE the other games and need a fix. Likewise with halo 1, it's out on HD remastered version at the mo for the 360, but the later games are all much better, it's ten years old now, and the new lick of paint doesn't hide the flaws of what's basically a last generation game.

If you want one standalone halo game that doesn't need it's plot explained, and will give you a good taster of the series, buy halo Reach, it's the newest one, so is technically superior, its a great game in its own right, and also is a prequel to the story that takes place in the other 4 games, so chronologically it's the one that starts things off at the start instead of dropping you into the middle of thie plot. It's also a lot simpler in its mechanics and a lot easier to pick up than call of duty's endless perks, tweaks, mods, loadouts, kill streaks, etc. As well as all that, its got loads of strange looking creatures in it that you can kill, which you seem to like the sound of ;-)

This post has gone totally off topic for the thread now, so apologies to all, but let us know what you end up buying, and enjoy!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Mass Effect 2 lets you use your choices from your ME1 savegame at the start. It really helps to have played the first IMO since there are character and story arcs you won't understand. It's also pretty good.

AC2 can be played without playing AC1. It's got a silly Dan Browne plot that won't keep you awake at night.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is a PC only game and is nothing like CoD. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is good for a start :pac:. It's also relentlessly oppressive, unforgiving, terrifying and awesome.

What kind of games do you want to play?
    Open worlds were you can explore and talk to people and enjoy a strong story like Fallout3.
    Open worlds where you blow **** up and not worry about choices like Saints Row and GTA.
    Tight focused action games like CoD where you're forced down a scripted path.
    Arcade style racing games like Dirt3.
    Simulation style racing like Forza 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

If you haven't played the GTA series your in for a treat, the best games ever made in my opinion.

You really are spoiled for choice here. You're coming into XBox 360 gaming towards the end of the lifespan of a console that was really well received by developers, and has a huge back catalog of great games of almost every sort on it by now.

In fact, I'd consider re-posting your question in an entirely new thread in a more general part of the games section, just so you can get more responses without annoying mods on this thread for going off topic (it is a Batman AC thread after all!).

If you do make a thread, please post a link here, I'd like to subscribe, it'd be an interesting discussion in itself, a sort of "best of the Xbox" list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I could use some help
    This is really silly, but I'm in the gotham police department after penguin has locked me in, and it says pick sequencer or whatever, I can see it flashing to pick, but then it doesn't let me pick it? Like on the menu, I try to get the icon on it, doesn't work. Frustrated.

• Advertisement

What platform you on?

PS3

Maybe it's selected but you're not using it. If it's selected you have to hold the left trigger to use it.

I got it now :pac: Turns out you had to like push down and left at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Started playing this yesterday, I was really frustrated at the start with the sheer volume of stuff to take in at the start, following broadcasts and markers all over the map and stuff (I am not a fan of sandbox games) but after a couple of hours of play I am happy again because I was really looking forward to this after Arkham Asylum.

Wish that guy Zasz would f**k off ringing me though!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

The rumour is Rocksteady could be working on a TMNT game.
    http://www.computerandvideogames.com/333196/is-rocksteadys-next-game-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles/
    Waaaaaay too good to be true but fingers crossed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

GTR63 wrote: »
    The rumour is Rocksteady could be working on a TMNT game.
    http://www.computerandvideogames.com/333196/is-rocksteadys-next-game-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles/
    Waaaaaay too good to be true but fingers crossed.

I know it's just a rumour but that piece of news seriously deserves a thread of it's own, just for the purpose of talking about turtles and old turtles games! Absolutely epic potential!!

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Borat_Sagdiyev

Gandalph wrote: »
    Started playing this yesterday, I was really frustrated at the start with the sheer volume of stuff to take in at the start, following broadcasts and markers all over the map and stuff (I am not a fan of sandbox games) but after a couple of hours of play I am happy again because I was really looking forward to this after Arkham Asylum.

Wish that guy Zasz would f**k off ringing me though!

You don't have to answer the initial phone call. It won't result in a death, it'll just ring again if you miss it. Ignore it all you like :)

You don't have to answer the initial phone call. It won't result in a death, it'll just ring again if you miss it. Ignore it all you like :)

Or just answer them all, and get hold of him and batter him. It won't take long, there's very little to it, and as the side missions go, that one is pretty fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

How do I pick up riddler trophies from traps that require you to stand on more than 1 pad at once?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

You have to stand on them in succession without touching the ground, so use your grapple, boost and glide. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

Just finished the PC version.
    A bit late I know but I had skyward sword to finish. ;)
    Bothered by a plot hole
    The Joker had infected batman and people in Gotham with his blood.
    At the end all the cure is gone batman is cured and we seem to have forgotten about these people?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

dloob wrote: »
    Just finished the PC version.
    A bit late I know but I had skyward sword to finish. ;)
    Bothered by a plot hole
    The Joker had infected batman and people in Gotham with his blood.
    At the end all the cure is gone batman is cured and we seem to have forgotten about these people?
    They make an antidote and Robin or someone on the outside gives it to all the hospitals. Batman gets it from one of the delivery things.

I think its been a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

dreamers75 wrote: »
    They make an antidote and Robin or someone on the outside gives it to all the hospitals. Batman gets it from one of the delivery things.

I think its been a while.

Ahh but
    That was a fake suggestion implanted by the mad hatter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

very disappointed right now. the friggin game lost all my saves. I was almost finished the game
    i had collected the case from the lab and saved batman when he was under the rubble

i have 0% on my saved games, game completion 0% so im back to the start. Appears lots of people have had this issue, im on 360.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,178 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

AdrianII wrote: »
    very disappointed right now. the friggin game lost all my saves. I was almost finished the game
    i had collected the case from the lab and saved batman when he was under the rubble

i have 0% on my saved games, game completion 0% so im back to the start. Appears lots of people have had this issue, im on 360.

There was a similar thing in the first game, happened when you quit by turning of the console and not exiting to the menu first

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭4ndroid

Right this thread is very quiet the last while so just to throw in this update incase somebody doesnt know but harley quinn dlc is being teased right now with an announcement just around the corner judging by twitter etc.

http://arkhamcity.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=12311

I cant wait!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,962 ✭✭✭✭Penn

4ndroid wrote: »
    Right this thread is very quiet the last while so just to throw in this update incase somebody doesnt know but harley quinn dlc is being teased right now with an announcement just around the corner judging by twitter etc.

http://arkhamcity.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=12311

I cant wait!!!!!!!!!

I'm hoping it's a playable Robin story

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

I still haven't played this yet as I'm waiting for the super-all-dlc-in-one-package-edition...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Penn wrote: »
    I'm hoping it's a playable Robin story

Thats Harley's boots and hammer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Holy GOTY edition batman! All DLC including 'Harley's Revenge' and Year One movie included!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Holy GOTY edition batman! All DLC including 'Harley's Revenge' and Year One movie included!!!!

worth the wait :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Arkham City was great. Surprised the GOTY edition is out so soon. If this is the offical boxart it is some of the worst ever.

twcPs.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Arkham City was great. Surprised the GOTY edition is out so soon. If this is the offical boxart it is some of the worst ever.

twcPs.jpg
    it says ntsc which means its prob the american version and that boxart would be typical I'd say and if you think back to arkham asylum it had the same sort of thing but slightly toned down

my guess would be that we'll get a different boxart for the pal version

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,962 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Thats Harley's boots and hammer.

Yeah, but I meant you play as Robin in a story where Harley Quinn is the villian

Advertisement