Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman Arkham City Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

classic!

original.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Thoms Yorkie Bars

I'll raise you this

original.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Wow, just read on RPS that the console GOTY edition comes out in May for the US and September for the rest of the world? And no date for the PC version. What the hell are they playing at?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,329 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

humanji wrote: »
    Wow, just read on RPS that the console GOTY edition comes out in May for the US and September for the rest of the world? And no date for the PC version. What the hell are they playing at?

Just makes it a little bit awkward, anyone with a credit/debit card can get it in may*.

*Assuming the 360 version is not region locked.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Picked this up for PC yesterday. Got myself a 360 controller a while back. Would anyone recommend using that over KB and mouse?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I've heard it's playable with M+KB but I used the 360 controller for both Arkham games and found it excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Yeah, I wouldn't really bother with the K&M. It's much more fluid with a controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Yeah I suspected it would be more geared for a pad. ok, cool.

Harley's Revenge souns f*cking class!!!!

Set after the main game, Batman goes looking for cops kidnapped by Harley but goes missing. Robin is sent in to get him back so you mostly play as Robin except for flashbacks where you control batman to see how he went missing in the first place. I think this will need a purchase, all depends on the price tho.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/05/10/batman-arkham-citys-harley-quinn-dlc-is-what-dlc-should-be?utm_campaign=ign+main+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Price was released for the new DLC
    Warner Bros. has confirmed that Harley Quinn's Revenge will cost 800 Microsoft Points or $9.99 on the PlayStation Network. Also, Robin won't be able to roam the entirety of Arkham City -- just this mission and his previously released challenge maps.

And since Sony seem to think dorrars and euros are the same thing, we will be paying 10 euro. Anyone gonna get it? I'll have to get it to squeeze another 2 hours out of the story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,546 ✭✭✭✭Varik

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Price was released for the new DLC

And since Sony seem to think dorrars and euros are the same thing, we will be paying 10 euro. Anyone gonna get it? I'll have to get it to squeeze another 2 hours out of the story.

The publisher/developer set the price

It usually not as bad as this, if something was $15 then is €12ish here ( still not right but better than €1=$1 )

Varik wrote: »

It usually not as bad as this, if something was $15 then is €12ish here ( still not right but better than €1=$1 )

I looked into this the past few releases like I am Alive and The Walking Dead where the price in the dollars was the same as the price in euro and was told both times (by different users so no guaranteed definite answer) Sony decide the price difference. I tried to contact Sony about but no reply surprise surprise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Varik wrote: »

I looked into this the past few releases like I am Alive and The Walking Dead where the price in the dollars was the same as the price in euro and was told both times (by different users so no guaranteed definite answer) Sony decide the price difference. I tried to contact Sony about but no reply surprise surprise

Fight the good fight Sheehy!!

I like how this DLC already looks like time and effort went into it...

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭chickenboy

€10 seems like a complete rip-off for two hours of gameplay, especially seeing as it wont be free-roaming across the city.

It really confuses me that when they have a such a beautiful sandbox constructed, and a massive array of characters to call on, they wouldn't do something more?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,962 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I just fail to see why it would be difficult to be able to play free-roam as Robin in Arkham City. And if it's not difficult, why not just include it?

So, Harley's Revenge is out tomorrow worldwide. Anyone gonna get it?

A tenner might be a bit steep for 2 hours linearity. If you could free roam arkham city as Robin, then it wouldn't even be a question!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Anyone gonna get it?

Unless the reviews are terrible, I'll be all over this. Free roaming as Robin would be really cool, but it's not essential.

Ya, feck it, I'm really gonna have to pick this up. Might motivate me to finish the rest of the combat challenges and finally go for the platinum.

Crazy how the GOTY is out in US on 29th May but September for the rest of the world.

From official FAQ:

HARLEY QUINN'S REVENGE

How much will it cost?
    800 points on Xbox Live and $9.99 on Playstation Network

Do I need to buy the Game of the Year edition to play it?
    No

Do I need to own Arkham City to play it?
    Yes

When can I buy it on its own?
    From May 29th onwards (both Xbox Live and Playstation Network)

Is it coming to PC?
    Yes, we will be announcing more details soon

Are there new achievements?
    Oh yes!

Who do I play as?
    You will switch between Robin and Batman within the DLC.

Do I need the Robin DLC to play Harley Quinn's Revenge?
    No

How long is the content?
    Over 2 hours and all new environments

Are there any Easter eggs?Is this the last DLC?What are you doing next?
    You will have to wait and see!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Ya, I heard that it was leaked, well avoiding that!!

• Advertisement

I went back playing this last night doing the combat challenegs and now I remember why I stopped playing when I got to Prison Riot stage! Any tips to getting gold? Are gadget combos the way to go or should I concentrate on combo strikes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭bugs

I went back playing this last night doing the combat challenegs and now I remember why I stopped playing when I got to Prison Riot stage! Any tips to getting gold? Are gadget combos the way to go or should I concentrate on combo strikes?

Use 'Beat Down', its all you'll need. Just note, you can stop mid beat down to counter attacks and then continue hitting the same dazed enemy. Once you get used to it, the combo score is ridiculous.
    Works for all the combat challenges, just needs a little practice to get right.

Thanks Bugs, ya was using that move for the armoured fellas countering other attacks and going back to it, gonna try solely using this so. I think with the amount of gadgets and moves I end up trying for variety, I end up messing up. Gonna keep it simple with the beatdown, see how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 GT_Dublin

Don't worry about the gadget stuff too much. Concentrate on clearing each round in a single combo and not getting hit at all. The key to this is jumping over enemies heads, which you should do A LOT.

By a lot, I mean practically after each hit, it's a little cheap but it works and there's still an art to getting the flow going and making the right moves etc. When you're jumping over the heads you can't be hit. This will become second nature after while and you'll get some massive combos going, I've gotten well over 200 hit combos on the iceberg lounge map.

When you build up enough hits in your combo, prioritise enemies with shields and weapons and make sure to destroy the weapons. Tougher enemies with body armour should be taken out asap too, use a finisher on those guys.

I usually play the combat challenges with detective vision on all the time as it makes it easier to identify, enemy types, weapons etc, when you are planning your next move.

Off the top of my head that's some basic advice I can think, it gets a bit more complicated with the titans etc, if you get this down though, the rest just falls into place.

You should always finish a round with a ground pound finisher too, gets you a ton of points. The bigger your combo is the bigger the multiplier applied.

Must get back to this myself, just the Catwoman campaign challenges and DLC left. Not sure I can stomach doing those campaign challenges with Catwoman though....*shudder*

Ah didn't think about using detective mode, might come in handy as the biggest thing stopping me at the moment is attacking a shield or baton guy without noticing their weapon. At least the Catwoman trophies don't count towards the platinum. I got her story related ones but couldn't imagine doing the campaign combat challenges all again as her.

I wouldn't mind buying a new batsuit for my 2nd play through, anyone know if you can buy them seperately or have to buy the whole set?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Simple is best for this one, in AA, it was all about variation if I remember......Sheehy you have the platinum in AA yeah? Bloody nuisance in comparison to AC, so keep at it!

Jumping over people was mad helpful too, gives you that split second to think.

Yeah Funky, I mean the combat challenges in AA were joypad breaking frustrating but I think AC just has too many moves and I'd be trying to do all of them in one combo. That 'use every move in one combo' is gonna be a b*tch! Have to say though, forgot how good this game was gliding round AC taking out baddies, Harley's Revenge is a definite purchase now.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,178 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Yeah not surprised by this, im gonna stick with my catwoman only dlc game and just finish that off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭chickenboy

Advertisement