Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman Arkham City Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

IGN loved it

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/05/29/batman-arkham-city-harley-quinns-revenge-review

Getting great reviews on the official forums as well.

EDIT: Ah Chicken beat me to it. Looks like it's not out until tomorrow for Europe.

Well lads, I tried the 'keep it simple with the beatdown' and absolutely walked through the rest of the combat challenges, passing them on 1st or 2nd go and getting 3 stars by the 3rd round on most. Makes AA seem like a walk in the park! Thanks for the tips lads!

Now to finish the predator challenges and then onto the campaign challenges.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Browning2010

Ok lads I got this game last week on amazon but before I played it I wanted to give AA another play through(my third) which I finished last night, I done all the riddles aswell which I hadn't done previously.

I loved AA and I'm expecting great things from this, I haven't read anything about it.

It's installing on my 360 as we speak.

I'm just wondering what dlc should I get, there seems to be quite a few?

I got a code with the game which says I 'll be able to play as Catwoman when I redeem it, is this the Catwoman bundle pack or is that something else?

Look forward to any replys.

I got a code with the game which says I 'll be able to play as Catwoman when I redeem it, is this the Catwoman bundle pack or is that something else?

Look forward to any replys.

VERY IMPORTANT!!

Use the Catwoman code and download & install it before starting the single player campaign. This will add extra scenes to the game where you play as catwoman. You will be able to explore Arkham City as her as well finding riddler trophies and beating people up. It's a great DLC.

Other than that, you can buy Bat Suits, I think there are 6 of them but you can't use them until you beat the game once. Robin and Nightwing DLC packs give you challenge rooms and extra costumes for those characters. You can't explore the city with them.

And lastly, there is the DLC that is out today Harley's Revenge. Play as Robin and Batman in a story that takes place after the ending of the main game. You cannot explore the city with Robin though.

Sorry if I left anything out.

For some reason I can't download it, it says,

' can't download items. Please try again later.

Status code: 80150101

• Advertisement

Ah sucks, seems to be an XBL issue
    The error code is purchasing and downloading error. The error cant be fixed on your side because its a Xbox marketplace error. Sit tight and keep trying.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_status_code_80150101_on_an_xbox#ixzz1wLuu3dfl

• Registered Users Posts: 18,178 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

The cat woman DLC is pretty key to the game, it starts the campaign completely different if you have it so i would suggest you keep trying before starting

Yeah I'll just try it again later, a few games of halo will tie me over until then.

A simple restart of the console got it going, that's my day sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

There is a cheat so you can use the Batsuits without beating the game

Using the below cheat, you can select any alternative Batman skin and play them in the main game, without having to complete the full game.

To unlock this, simply press the following combination on the Main Menu screen (after you have selected your save slot):

Left, Left, Down, Down, Left, Left, Right, Up, Up, Down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 sekon2008

Anyone get it and there was no catwoman code inside? Thats the one I got. Seems to be a big F*** up when the codes were being packaged and printed.

Some games have more than one code, some have the voucher but no code printed on it and some have nothing at all inside the box.
    I only got game now. Have spare code if ya need it .

I got harleys revenge, 7.99. It's nice that sony finally used xe.com for their currency converter.

Just played a bit of it and it's nice to play as a different character but ribins combat is crap. He's really slow compared to Bman

sekon2008 wrote: »

That post was made about 6 months ago might be a bit late, but good effort

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭chickenboy

I got this yesterday and was thoroughly disappointed.

- The total play time was less than 1.5 hours.
    - There's not even the option to freeroam as Robin, even within the Industrial District. All his portions are set inside the steelmill, which are amazingly linear with no scope for any real exploration.
    - There's no real challenge for anyone who's completed the campaign, even in normal mode. The two main boss battles you face are almost identical to but alot easier than
    Catwomans fight with two-face
    and
    Batman going up against lots of troops, a titan, the Joker and one of the twins.

I'm annoyed that I held onto this for 6 months awaiting a decent portion of DLC and gotten this instead. I've said it already in this thread, but if you've got a massive sandbox to utilise and the mythology and cast of the Batman universe to play with, why not do something epic?

Well lads enjoying the game so far, some of the trophies are pretty tricky to get? What's the deal with the random question marks on buildings, is it like the AA were you have to scan them somehow?

Well lads enjoying the game so far, some of the trophies are pretty tricky to get? What's the deal with the random question marks on buildings, is it like the AA were you have to scan them somehow?

If they are painted on yeah you have to line them up so they align to look right, with the glowing light ones you need to hit the dot with a batarang or blow it up with gel, sometimes theres a sequence that needs to be done so you might have to use both. The pads you need to stand on and they are the same in that you need to do do them in a sequence or not touch the ground while going between them. and then theres the puzzles that combine all 3 which are great fun :)

Wow Harley's revenge was not worth 7.99. Barely played as robin and he was crap when you do. very meh ending. One very good bit near the start though, you find
    another pregnancy test that is negative so looks like she lost the baby

Ah well, back to trophy whoring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

So, coming home from work today, I passed a shop with some balloons tied up outside it. My first thought was to throw my batarang at them to get some experience points.

Think I might take a break from playing this for a while.

I'm on the 2nd last Predator challenge, God some of these have been torturous, even with the youtube vids! What are the Campaign challenges like? Really not looking forward to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

To be honest, they're not as hard as you might think. It's all about picking the right handicaps at the right time. The predator missions are definitely the annoying ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭KalEl88

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I'm on the 2nd last Predator challenge, God some of these have been torturous, even with the youtube vids! What are the Campaign challenges like? Really not looking forward to them.

Why would you play it if you're not enjoying it??

KalEl88 wrote: »

Achievements/trophies? Sense of completion? Also im guessing its not he doesnt enjoy them its just they are a bitch to get through, something can be hard to complete and still enjoyable

cuz I'm a Batinum trophy whore :pac: It's a brilliant game and I want to complete everything in it and i'm not letting a couple of predator challenges get me down. Plus when I actually finish them, I have a huge sense of accomplishment. Some games have trophies that just aren't worth getting it but Arkham City deserves to be 100%ed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,546 ✭✭✭✭Varik

The last predator challenge in the subway was difficult to get right, you need to knock a guy off a ledge, off the top of a ladder and leave the radar jammer guy till last.

I spend ages doing that and not enjoying failing by either dying or doing something wrong and having no chance of finishing but trying and making progress was enjoyable, but i did finishes with full marks and somehow managed to get into the top 90 on it ( every one above me is a cheater as there is no way someone could do this in 20 second).

Varik wrote: »
    and somehow managed to get into the top 90 on it ( every one above me is a cheater as there is no way someone could do this in 20 second).

Yeah, how the hell are people doing this in under 40 and 30 seconds. I can get the 1st two stars in about 30 seconds (knock off a ladder and ledge), can be done to one guy for a quick 2 stars but then taking out everyone with no detective mode and most of the enemies have heavy armour makes it very hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

Batman: Arkham City on the wii u will be completely different from any other consoles, watch this clip for the results http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1RC1eK3rf8&feature=g-all-u

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

>_< It'll be slightly different.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭KalEl88

sheehy83 wrote: »
    cuz I'm a Batinum trophy whore :pac: It's a brilliant game and I want to complete everything in it and i'm not letting a couple of predator challenges get me down. Plus when I actually finish them, I have a huge sense of accomplishment. Some games have trophies that just aren't worth getting it but Arkham City deserves to be 100%ed

Sorry bossman, I knew it was for achievements. I was just in a bad mood and was being a dick! My apologies! B-)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 sekon2008

VinLieger wrote: »
    sekon2008 wrote: »

That post was made about 6 months ago might be a bit late, but good effort
    Thanks for pointing out the obvious.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Anyone have any success modding the game? I was thinking of trying out something like this....

Advertisement