Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman Arkham City Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,546 ✭✭✭✭Varik

GTR63 wrote: »
    That sounds a small bit like Arkham City tbh. Think Rocksteady painted themselves into a corner with using so many villians in the first 2 games. Joker, Harley Quinn, Poison Ivy, Bane, Killer Croc, Clayface, Scarecrow, Two-face, Deadshot, Victor Szasz, Mad Hatter, Soloman Grundy and Penguin not a lot left after that. 3 or 4 could of been left out. Not super interested in a Justice League game i'd rather a Batman one thank you very much.
    Pity that Turtles rumor was just that a rumor that could of been MILLIONS of childhood dreams fullfiled.

Not like they have to use unseen characters for a new game.

Pit Batman against the Red hood, nuff said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,962 ✭✭✭✭Penn

GTR63 wrote: »
    That sounds a small bit like Arkham City tbh. Think Rocksteady painted themselves into a corner with using so many villians in the first 2 games. Joker, Harley Quinn, Poison Ivy, Bane, Killer Croc, Clayface, Scarecrow, Two-face, Deadshot, Victor Szasz, Mad Hatter, Soloman Grundy and Penguin not a lot left after that. 3 or 4 could of been left out. Not super interested in a Justice League game i'd rather a Batman one thank you very much.
    Pity that Turtles rumor was just that a rumor that could of been MILLIONS of childhood dreams fullfiled.

Thing with Arkham City though was that most of the baddies were just *there*. They weren't particularly causing any trouble, you just had to get past them to get something you wanted. Bring it to Gotham City, and have all the crime bosses fighting for control against each other as well as Batman. A lot of Batman's enemies are simply crime bosses. Have it be that when Arkham City was closed, all the crime bosses spilled out all over Gotham City and are fighting each other for territory. Batman having to deal with fighting groups of enemies who are also fighting each other. Plus there are more crime bosses like Black Mask, Maxie Zeus that weren't in Arkham City, not to mention that Batman didn't really face off against Two-Face in AC either. Then throw in a larger overall story of Red Hood and Hush trying to destroy Batman, and Scarecrow trying to destroy Gotham

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ah Black Mask will have to be in the new one. He is seen at the start and then a riddle tells you how he ascapes Arkham City.

But yeah, as above, Scarecrow trying to destroy the city, Hush to destroy Batman and Red Hood, taking all the stragglers from penguin, joker, two faces gang, to form his own mega gang to take on black mask and wipe out crime in the city but in a much more voilent way than Bats. This would be a sufficient main story line for me.

0.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Arkham City meets Back To The Future. Stranger things have happened.

Maybe this 50's set game is a spin off, rather than a sequel/prequel. As has been said, there's too many loose ends and hints at sequels in Arkham City to just leave, and I don't see how they can tie that in with a 50's era story unless they actually do time travel or flashbacks.

Went back to this game last night to work my way to the platinum. I usually take a break from batman when I get a new game and then it sits on my shelf for a while until I remember I nearly have the platinum so give it a lash and remember how absolutely brilliant this game is.

Have to say, Mr. Freeze on new game plus is a biitch!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

sheehy83 wrote: »

Started new game + too a while back, the Catwomen bit right at the start must have taken 20 goes, and I just got past it.

Most fights I was getting my hole kicked. I must go back to it at some stage, but was finding it very tough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

You just gave me flash backs! He was the toughest nut for me to crack on the platinum road ('cept for the campaign stealth......) Really difficult but satisfying boss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

Im waiting till xmas so i can play WII u version of batman

Just beat mr freeze, man what a great fight! Excellent boss battle that actually took skill.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Long shot here but does anyone have this on pc, I'm thinking of getting it in steam sale but not sure if my laptop will run it. Iv tried systemrequitements but it's been wrong before. I have an i7 8gig ram and an nvidia 330m
    Just wondering does anyone have anything similar that runs it
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,546 ✭✭✭✭Varik

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Long shot here but does anyone have this on pc, I'm thinking of getting it in steam sale but not sure if my laptop will run it. Iv tried systemrequitements but it's been wrong before. I have an i7 8gig ram and an nvidia 330m
    Just wondering does anyone have anything similar that runs it
    Thanks

With the 330m it might be playable on low maybe with some setting a bit higher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

If it can run Arkham Asylum you should have no problem with Arkham City.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Especially if you run it in dx9.

Currently going for the Platinum on Arkham Asylum. Tough going. Have all the challenges done, just playing through the game on Hard difficulty now. Really tough to get used to not having the Counter symbol, and to not rely on gargoyles and Inverted Takedowns so much. Then just have to get the trophies for defeating a Titan without Batarangs (presume you use the electric barriers to stun them instead, or maybe the explosive gel) and defeating all the thugs at the welcome party at the end before you fight Joker (both of which I should have done on Normal mode)

Might go for the Arkham City Platinum too but don't know if I can be bothered going through all the campaign challenges. The combat and predator ones were bad enough to struggle through. Plus I'd have to complete New Game +

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

What I done for Mano A Mano was plant explosive gel and detonate it when he came close

Ya for the titan one, use explosive gel, let them run into a hazard or try get them to run into each other. This would have been easier on normal mode alright :)

I just cleared NGP on Arkham city, just finishing up the side missions on it now. After that I have the calendar man trophy (uuggghh) and the 3 Campaign Challenge trophies which I'm not looking forward to but not gonna quit now.

I think once you get all medals on the combat challenge, the new game plus is a walk in the park. I feel like i'm neo out of the matrix countering people even without the counter symbols.

Best of luck with it man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

With Calender Man.....don't do the incredibly silly thing I did.....which was assume the game autosaves once he finishes talking.

And if you do......make sure you don't do it 12 times..... :o

What I done for Mano A Mano was plant explosive gel and detonate it when he came close

Yeah I wasn't sure if the explosive gel worked or not. Faced off against the first Titan on Hard Mode using the electric barriers which worked, but you don't actually defeat that one as he dies himself.
    Ya for the titan one, use explosive gel, let them run into a hazard or try get them to run into each other. This would have been easier on normal mode alright :)

I just cleared NGP on Arkham city, just finishing up the side missions on it now. After that I have the calendar man trophy (uuggghh) and the 3 Campaign Challenge trophies which I'm not looking forward to but not gonna quit now.

I think once you get all medals on the combat challenge, the new game plus is a walk in the park. I feel like i'm neo out of the matrix countering people even without the counter symbols.

Best of luck with it man!

Cheers. Once I get used to recognising when I'm about to be hit, should be fine. Combat and predator challenges should have taught me enough to get by with the rest.

With Calender Man.....don't do the incredibly silly thing I did.....which was assume the game autosaves once he finishes talking.

Ouch.... :D

Ah crap, thanks for the heads up man! Gonna leave that til last anyway and follow a youtube vid I think just to be sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

I think the Batman AA plat was harder then the Batman AC plat

I think the Batman AA plat was harder then the Batman AC plat

Definitely found some of the challenges in AA to be tougher than AC. The Shock and Awe Extreme combat challenge is very difficult, as not only do you have to get a high combo score (bearing in mind that the final round has a knife guy, two stun stick guys and Zsasz), but each round in that one has a timer where the electrified floor goes off. One round on the time I got it I managed to hit a guy just as it started to electrify me and thankfully it let me pass. It means you can't focus as much on getting variation bonuses and just have to keep hitting and getting takedowns as quickly as possible.

Another of the combat challenges has a lot of enemies throwing things and getting guns (and with the amount of enemies, very difficult to stop them from getting the guns with so many people in your way).

Definitely agree that the AA plat would be harder than the AC plat. But I think the AC platinum is easier, but overall takes longer to get due to the amount of challenges and Riddler stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

i waiting for wii u version coming out at xmas time

Just 2 more random assaults and I'm finished New Game Plus entirely. However, I noticed a towel hook in my bathroom looked very much like a question mark so I found myself looking at it from different angles to see if I could line up a dot underneath it, think I'll give this a break for a while :o

Not finding Hard mode as difficult as I thought. Not racking up huge combos when fighting as I keep going to counter people who aren't about to hit me, but overall not finding it too difficult. Only real problem bit I foresee will be Poison Ivy. Even on Normal, I always found her to be the most difficult boss.

Ya Ivy is a bitch on hard mode, prepare to restart many times!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 252 ✭✭viclemronny

With Ivy on NG+, I found it very hard at first. Then I figured out a lazy/easier way to do it.

Fight the first few guys on the ground floor. Then hop up to the second floor to get the enemies to come alive/out of hiding. Quickly jump down to the ground again and jump to the ceiling of the ground floor level, just under the enemies one level 2. If you go near the edge, you can take a few of them out like this and make the fights easier.

You can do this for each level up you go as you don't loose health quickly at all in the poison gas and if you're quick with getting up to being under the floor they're on, it makes it much easier.

With Ivy on NG+, I found it very hard at first. Then I figured out a lazy/easier way to do it.

Fight the first few guys on the ground floor. Then hop up to the second floor to get the enemies to come alive/out of hiding. Quickly jump down to the ground again and jump to the ceiling of the ground floor level, just under the enemies one level 2. If you go near the edge, you can take a few of them out like this and make the fights easier.

You can do this for each level up you go as you don't loose health quickly at all in the poison gas and if you're quick with getting up to being under the floor they're on, it makes it much easier.

Sorry man, meant Ivy in Arkham Asylum (going for the platinum trophy). Played through on Normal difficulty a few weeks ago and she's the one that gave me the most trouble. Doesn't help the way she has two life bars. Just need to take my time I think and focus on dodging. Not there yet anyway so don't need to worry about her for now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Does the combat become faster?feels.really slow at the.moment

• Advertisement

Does the combat become faster?feels.really slow at the.moment

Whereabouts in the game are you and on what difficulty?

The more you progress, there'll be more enemies with varied weapons (guns, knives, electric batons, swords, body armour) that require different strategies, so that'll make fights seem faster as you go on. If you're not too far into the game and just dealing with small groups of normal thugs, then yeah, it can feel a bit slow at times

Advertisement