Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman Arkham City Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I got them when they came out. It's fun to play as different characters and find out their strengths / weaknesses.

I completed Robin's campaign medals last night and made a start on Nightwing's, only 150 or so medals to go and I'm done with this game.

Jaysus, fair play.
    I like the challenges but am not really very good at them so I'll have a think about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yeah Borat, thats crazy man. I have one more Campaign Challenge to complete (and the calander man trophy) for the platinum. I really couldn't go through all the challenges again as cats, robin, and nightwing

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Borat_Sagdiyev

Jaysus, fair play.
    I like the challenges but am not really very good at them so I'll have a think about it.
    sheehy83 wrote: »
    Yeah Borat, thats crazy man. I have one more Campaign Challenge to complete (and the calander man trophy) for the platinum. I really couldn't go through all the challenges again as cats, robin, and nightwing

Well I have the platinum trophy, but when you view the game in the trophy list, it says I have 83% of the trophies ! That most definitely doesn't sit well with me so I'm going to keep going until I have them all. I'll eventually have to get the Harley Quinn DLC even though one or two posters have said it's not worth it. I'm hoping that it will eventually either drop in price or go free altogether, like they did with the downloads for Asylum.

It's definitely enjoyable to do the challenges as different characters. They all have different strengths and weaknesses, Batman is still the best all round character of course, but there are little things that the others have as advantages over him.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

It was down to like 2 euro in the summer steam sale that just ended. Thats pretty low price to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,961 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Well I have the platinum trophy, but when you view the game in the trophy list, it says I have 83% of the trophies ! That most definitely doesn't sit well with me so I'm going to keep going until I have them all. I'll eventually have to get the Harley Quinn DLC even though one or two posters have said it's not worth it. I'm hoping that it will eventually either drop in price or go free altogether, like they did with the downloads for Asylum.

It's definitely enjoyable to do the challenges as different characters. They all have different strengths and weaknesses, Batman is still the best all round character of course, but there are little things that the others have as advantages over him.

Platinum trophies never account for any trophies for DLC, only release content. So once you download some DLC, you don't need 100% for the platinum, just 100% of the original trophies.

Completed NGP (including side missions) earlier today, and did the Calendar Man trophy too. Just the Freeflow combo trophy and Batman campaigns to go now.

• Advertisement

Penn wrote: »
    Platinum trophies never account for any trophies for DLC, only release content. So once you download some DLC, you don't need 100% for the platinum, just 100% of the original trophies.

Completed NGP (including side missions) earlier today, and did the Calendar Man trophy too. Just the Freeflow combo trophy and Batman campaigns to go now.

Oh I know this, and I already have the platinum, but I'm not happy that I don't have the 100%.

I wouldn't be arsed getting 100% of the trophies in other games, but this is a top quality Batman game so I need to get it all done.

Kirby wrote: »
    It was down to like 2 euro in the summer steam sale that just ended. Thats pretty low price to me.

Is that not just for PC though ? I'm playing this with a PS3.

I'm not familiar with Steam at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Pondering getting the GOTY edition on the PS3, anyone no the best place to try pick it up?

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Pondering getting the GOTY edition on the PS3, anyone no the best place to try pick it up?

There'll be no specific store bonuses, so I'd say Tesco or XtraVision should give the best price

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Arkham City is making me remember why i hate GFWL. Takes ages to load into my account, and is constantly crashing on startup. Really starting to piss me off.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

GFWL is just awful. I really wish publishers would just stop using it.
    If it's not crashing or deleting save games, it insists on interrupting you with its awful interface just so it can sign in again and again.

24119873.jpg

3 more Campaign missions to go, unfortunately mostly consisting of the Predator extreme missions. Unreal to think of how bad I was at the Combat missions at the start whereas I hit 3 100+ combos last night :D

Top of the World Extreme, with modifiers, with limited retries, will be the death of me....

3 more Campaign missions to go, unfortunately mostly consisting of the Predator extreme missions. Unreal to think of how bad I was at the Combat missions at the start whereas I hit 3 100+ combos last night :D

Top of the World Extreme, with modifiers, with limited retries, will be the death of me....

Don't worry, it's all about picking the right modifiers. What I usually do is use as many of the toughest ones in the first challenge. Get them out of the way early.

Don't worry, it's all about picking the right modifiers. What I usually do is use as many of the toughest ones in the first challenge. Get them out of the way early.

Yeah, I throw the hardest ones into the first one (or the combat one if possible). Got stuck last night on the Police Brutality one as my modifier disabled Silent Takedowns from behind. Guy grabbed a hostage and as I stood behind him wondering why the button wasn't working, someone else saw me. You rarely feel less like Batman as when you're crouching behind a bad guy who is holding a hostage and start getting shot, trying to figure out what the hell is happening :D

Yeah, I throw the hardest ones into the first one (or the combat one if possible). Got stuck last night on the Police Brutality one as my modifier disabled Silent Takedowns from behind. Guy grabbed a hostage and as I stood behind him wondering why the button wasn't working, someone else saw me. You rarely feel less like Batman as when you're crouching behind a bad guy who is holding a hostage and start getting shot, trying to figure out what the hell is happening :D

LMFAO brilliant.

You could replay that with the same modifiers and just do a Batclaw Disarm from behind on him.

LMFAO brilliant.

You could replay that with the same modifiers and just do a Batclaw Disarm from behind on him.

Even simpler, I just walked up behind him second time and punched him and quickly got the ground takedown, which worked well as there was just him and the guy with the jammer pack left and I had to leave him til last to get the medal. Jammer pack comes running over, Batclaw slam, done. That's a bit more like Batman :D

Even simpler, I just walked up behind him second time and punched him and quickly got the ground takedown, which worked well as there was just him and the guy with the jammer pack left and I had to leave him til last to get the medal. Jammer pack comes running over, Batclaw slam, done. That's a bit more like Batman :D

Really ? I didn't think a simple punch would be enough to get him to let go of the hostage, I assumed it would have to be a more extreme move.

Really ? I didn't think a simple punch would be enough to get him to let go of the hostage, I assumed it would have to be a more extreme move.

I think so long as it's from behind you can. I know on a different one I tried throwing a batarang and it wouldn't go. I would have tried a glide kick but the f*ckers destroyed all the vantage points, so said I'd chance just throwing a punch.

I think so long as it's from behind you can. I know on a different one I tried throwing a batarang and it wouldn't go. I would have tried a glide kick but the f*ckers destroyed all the vantage points, so said I'd chance just throwing a punch.

I've learned, the hard way of course, that when you're trying to escape from them, make attempts to go into hiding without using the vantage points. Then you don't get the asshole saying "I see what you're doing, how are you going to use those things if they're not here?"

I know it's easier said than done but every level, IIRC, has it's hiding places that the goons can't access.

• Advertisement

I was stuck on the exact same point. Last guy with a hostage in Police Brutality and no silent takedown. I was there ages trying to figure it out until Iran at him with a silding tackle and then a ground takedown.

I miss Batman Arkham :(

I was stuck on the exact same point. Last guy with a hostage in Police Brutality and no silent takedown. I was there ages trying to figure it out until Iran at him with a silding tackle and then a ground takedown.

I miss Batman Arkham :(

Do the challenges with Catwoman / Robin / Nightwing, you won't be disappointed.

I've learned, the hard way of course, that when you're trying to escape from them, make attempts to go into hiding without using the vantage points. Then you don't get the asshole saying "I see what you're doing, how are you going to use those things if they're not here?"

I know it's easier said than done but every level, IIRC, has it's hiding places that the goons can't access.

Yeah, I do rely on them too much. I'd never pick the modifier that booby traps them if I can avoid it, I'd rather take my chances with combat without counter icons

Yeah, I do rely on them too much. I'd never pick the modifier that booby traps them if I can avoid it, I'd rather take my chances with combat without counter icons

One of the challenges has three predator challenges in a row and one of the modifiers is booby trapped vantage points so you'll have to deal with it at some point :)

One of the challenges has three predator challenges in a row and one of the modifiers is booby trapped vantage points so you'll have to deal with it at some point :)

There is?

Ah, who needs the Platinum trophy anyway! 99% is good enough for me!

There is?

Ah, who needs the Platinum trophy anyway! 99% is good enough for me!

Have to say Penn, this had me thinking the same. I spent a not nice amount of time on Top of the World Extreme as it was but turns out I passed it on my 2nd go. It all comes back to you when you start it and even the handicaps don't affect you too much.

Great addition to the game as by the end of it I actually felt like Batman. No fear about guys with guns. I would usually wait in shadows ages for the right time but find myself walking straight out behind guys and straight taking them down. Plus, your freeze gun is your best friend, very hand for easy kills and stopping patrols.

Have to say Penn, this had me thinking the same. I spent a not nice amount of time on Top of the World Extreme as it was but turns out I passed it on my 2nd go. It all comes back to you when you start it and even the handicaps don't affect you too much.

Great addition to the game as by the end of it I actually felt like Batman. No fear about guys with guns. I would usually wait in shadows ages for the right time but find myself walking straight out behind guys and straight taking them down. Plus, your freeze gun is your best friend, very hand for easy kills and stopping patrols.

Ah, it's mostly just the layout of the Top of the World map that annoys me. Enemy patrols are too hard to figure out on that one too. I'll get through it though. The hardest part is figuring out the system to get the medals, and I already know it from doing the single challenge, so it shouldn't be too bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Ah, it's mostly just the layout of the Top of the World map that annoys me. Enemy patrols are too hard to figure out on that one too. I'll get through it though. The hardest part is figuring out the system to get the medals, and I already know it from doing the single challenge, so it shouldn't be too bad

Yeah, Top of the World Extreme made me grind my teeth on a few occasions! I found the Campaigns way easier than the Ranked Predator stuff, I was used to the various challenges by the time I did the Campaigns.

I took it upon myself to do the DLC maps as well, they're pretty easy. I'm gonna do Catwoman, Robin and Nightwing's challenges too. 100% AC FTW!

Top of the world is made FAR easier by the route you can take to get into the building:

- Go to the gargoyle directly above you from the start
    - From Batman's point of view, swing to the left three times.
    - You should now be on a gargoyle with a platform directly to the left of it

If you look to the right, there is a drop to your death, but if you look towards the building, there is a doorway that gets you into a section that the guards can't access. You will need to dive and grapple to the ledge if you miss it. When inside the small room, there's a tunnel which leads to the grate area. Get out of the grate area without being seen, and then grapple to the top of the centre section of the building.

You can now circle the whole room without being seen.

• Advertisement

Mr. K wrote: »
    Yeah, Top of the World Extreme made me grind my teeth on a few occasions! I found the Campaigns way easier than the Ranked Predator stuff, I was used to the various challenges by the time I did the Campaigns.

I took it upon myself to do the DLC maps as well, they're pretty easy. I'm gonna do Catwoman, Robin and Nightwing's challenges too. 100% AC FTW!

Good man !

I completed the last of them last week, very satisfying :)

Advertisement