Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman Arkham City Thread

1495051525355»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Good man !

I completed the last of them last week, very satisfying :)

Yeah, I had decided I was gonna come back and 100% AC after my first playthrough. Some recent event gave me the urge to do so...dunno what it could have been... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

brought this at the weekend for the ps3 have to say i was wary when getting it but its prob the best game ive brought in a good while, did it on easy just to get a feel for it first have the main story done only have have 3 side missions the ar training and riddlers trophys to do. i dnt knw wheater to chance this on hard r not, would like to plat this possible :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

You could definitely platinum this, it's not too hard, just takes patience and a bot of time. It's the combat and stealth challenges that are the most difficult. If you read ov the last few pages here, there's some good advise on tackling them. Good luck! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,961 ✭✭✭✭Penn

brought this at the weekend for the ps3 have to say i was wary when getting it but its prob the best game ive brought in a good while, did it on easy just to get a feel for it first have the main story done only have have 3 side missions the ar training and riddlers trophys to do. i dnt knw wheater to chance this on hard r not, would like to plat this possible :)

It doesn't take long to get used to Hard mode. The main thing is the lack of counter symbols but you get used to it, and since you already know the map layouts and will start with all your upgrades, it's really not as bad as you'd think. Maybe learn how to do some of the Ranked Combat challenges. It'll really improve your fighting.

Just have one Campaign left (the 3 Predator Extreme one) and then the trophy for using all Batman's moves in one combo and I'll have the Platinum. Like you guys said, the Top of the World one wasn't too difficult last night. Did take 4 tries and the time I beat it it wasn't a great performance, but got it anyway. Also got my highest combo of x117 in one of the combat challenges.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Borat_Sagdiyev

When you've gotten the platinum for this game, I strongly suggest getting Batman: Arkham Asylum as well if you don't already have it. I get the feeling from your post that you don't.

• Advertisement

Platinum... bitch!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Just beat new game plus.
    Is there any point in playing the main game in hard mode? There doesn't appear to be an extra achievement/trophy for it?

Game of the year edition is out now.

It looks cheaper to buy it fresh and trade in the vanilla version rather than pay for the dlc, but I'm reading reports (from America) that the goty dlc isn't compatible with the vanilla version??

Can anyone confirm this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I miss this game :(. It completely puts Dark Knight Rises to shame. I wish there was more DLC for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I miss this game :(. It completely puts Dark Knight Rises to shame. I wish there was more DLC for it.

I disagree.

And just on the story, it was way too rushed at the end.

But I do agree that there should have been some meaty dlc at this stage. Wasted opportunity there and so disappointing if they make a new game as is expected with the joker again.

• Advertisement

Game of the year edition is out now.

It looks cheaper to buy it fresh and trade in the vanilla version rather than pay for the dlc, but I'm reading reports (from America) that the goty dlc isn't compatible with the vanilla version??

Can anyone confirm this?

Anybody? No?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

i cant wait November 30 th to p-lay this on wii u

Anybody? No?

I'm not sure what the question is, to be honest.

Normal version means you have to buy the DLC for it.

GOTY version means the DLC is already in the game. You don't need to download any DLC for it because it's already in the game, which means it is compatible. But if you bought the GOTY edition and then downloaded the DLC from the Playstation Store, it wouldn't work because you already have the DLC on the actual disk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Good jaysus. Got this for Christmas last (PC) and dipped into it, but didn't get too far, had loads of other games to play, etc.

Went to try play it there, but got an error telling me it "couldn't authenticate the original disk" or some nonsense, SecuROM FTW obviously.

So I found out it can happen if you've virtual drive, which I did, so I got rid of it and it still wouldn't work.

So I uninstalled the game and now it won't reinstall. It just hangs whenever I double click on the disk in Windows Explorer. What in the name of jebus is going on here? I definitely played the game on my PC in the past.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

danthefan wrote: »
    What in the name of jebus is going on here? I definitely played the game on my PC in the past.
    Is the disk damaged by any chance?

You might be able to get it through steam with your license key although I don't think I could. another option could be to download a pirated version since you do have a license.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

ScumLord wrote: »
    Is the disk damaged by any chance?

You might be able to get it through steam with your license key although I don't think I could. another option could be to download a pirated version since you do have a license.

The disk looks perfect. Finally convinced it to install but again it just hung on "copying files" for about half an hour, obviously had gone non-responsive.

Might end up buying it for the PS3, which would really annoy me.

A boxed version won't activate on Steam apparently. In fact screw it, pirating might be what I do, and I'll do it guilt free too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

wii u version far much better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,546 ✭✭✭✭Varik

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    wii u version far much better

Yes good it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

is there a way for me to play the catwoman challenges?

I have lost my code.

have neever downloaded any content for a game before...

Just 2 or 3 demos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

is there a way for me to play the catwoman challenges?

I have lost my code.

have neever downloaded any content for a game before...

Just 2 or 3 demos.

Buy it off the PSN/XBL I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

any way of getting a replacement code?

If you lost it then it's lost.

You'll have to pay for a new one.

I bought the collectors edition of Arkham City (the big box one with figurine). I've signed up to Playstation Plus so was able to download Arkham City for free, and I've already Platinumed the game anyway. Is there any way I can trade in or sell the game? It doesn't come with a proper game case, just the art book which also holds the disc. Do I have to trade in the whole box with figurine for it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Chazz Michael Michaels

Just bought this. Overrated. Combat boils down to button bashing, and our hands are held through detective mode.

6/10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,546 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Just bought this. Overrated. Combat boils down to button bashing, and our hands are held through detective mode.

6/10

Stop playing on easy then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I think I'l replay this in the next week. Love the arkham games, can't wait for the sequel./

Varik wrote: »
    Stop playing on easy then.

I'm not playing on easy. See where silly assumptions get you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,802 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I dunno if I wrote it in this thread before but I enjoyed Asylum quite a bit more than City. 2 reasons I spose. 1 of them being maybe I just prefer the more closed combat rather than swarms of enemies randomly appearing in the City game and also maybe because I played the first one so much that I burned myself out of it so wouldn't enjoy the second as much!

Both games excel through voice acting alone imo.

callaway92 wrote: »
    I dunno if I wrote it in this thread before but I enjoyed Asylum quite a bit more than City. 2 reasons I spose. 1 of them being maybe I just prefer the more closed combat rather than swarms of enemies randomly appearing in the City game and also maybe because I played the first one so much that I burned myself out of it so wouldn't enjoy the second as much!

Both games excel through voice acting alone imo.

A sequel should be Gotham City, where you can explore the whole city as either Batman or Bruce, with a non linear story structure. That would be enough for me to buy again from this series. And a more complex fighting system.

• Advertisement
Advertisement