Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nothern Italy - camper van travel

• 05-08-2010 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭

Hi all,

Myself and the GF are travelling to nothern Italy next month, landing in Milan and hiring a camper van for about 8 days... I'm hoping to travel to Verona and onto Venice from Milan, and hit Lake Garda along the way... but is there anywhere else I should look into going?

What about a different return journey back from Venice? Should I head back to Milan by the north or south from Venice? Open to anything really, I've yet to start doing my own research about the different areas so any starting tips much appreciated!

Thanks all

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 326 ✭✭John C

With ViaMichelin maps www.viamichelin.co.uk you can see the Autostrada structure. Tha Autostrada A4 from Milan to Venice tangents Verona.

An interesting town is Padua (Padova). St. Anthony is its patron saint.
    You could take the A13 Autostrada from Venice to Bologna 160 km, returning to Milan on the A1. It is said to be great. Admittedly I only bypassed it enroute to Florence.

The few towns I know near Lake Garda are Trento and Roverto. They are on the A22 Autostrada. They are both north of the lake.

There is plenty to see and do in Venice. I stayed near Jessolo and go the beach when it was sunny. If rain was forecasted I'd get the ferry to Venice, visit the churches and the old prison.

Verona is also super.
    Milan is great. There is loads to see there. Outside of Milan there is Lake Como.

IMHO eight days is little time to see Milan, Lake Garda, Verona and Venice.

Advertisement