Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GU10 50w Bulbs

Options
  • 05-08-2010 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭

Have a tonne of GU10 50w halogen bulbs missing around the place, anyone know of any cheap places to acquire them?

cheers,

Kevin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

Have you consider alternative LED lights? No good if you use the lights as dimmers...

Just a thought

W.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

Have you consider alternative LED lights? No good if you use the lights as dimmers...

Just a thought

W.

Hey,

I do use the lights as dimmers, so unfortunately, they are no good.

thanks for the suggestion though ;]

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭gramlab

Not really what you might want to consider getting rid of the fittings.

Had 6 light fittings using that bulb (total of 22 bulbs) and they cost me a fortune to keep replacing them. B&Q often had deals on them but they lasted no time so you wont really save anything in the long run.

I bit the bullet and bought new fittings that take the energy efficient bulbs. Have noticed a decent difference in ESB bills.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

Kevin! wrote: »
    Have a tonne of GU10 50w halogen bulbs missing around the place, anyone know of any cheap places to acquire them?

cheers,

Kevin.

B&Q always have boxes of 8 / 12 for a good price.

Also look at 20w version - if its for a regular home, then the 20w makes far better sense in terms of power cost

The led options are getting better, but are still not near as good as the halogens, but handy as part of a mix.

Advertisement