Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A question.....

Options
  • 05-08-2010 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hey all I'm doing a MA thesis and as part of it I have to conduct a focus group, but I'm having a bit of trouble rounding up volunteers. Just wondering does anyone have any suggestions or ideas where I could get some people other than my mates to take part in it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

Is your supervisor teaching any classes? If so then maybe he/she could ask his/her class to participate

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

if you can wait until college starts back you could offer credits, depending on your area- i often see signs for research participants that get credits with their department or something...

ok, probably not all that helpful a post, sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

How many people do you need?

Why not ask the admins if you could post something here somewhere asking for volunteers

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

I'm in trinity and I posted a thread in the TCD forum looking for volunteers for one of my projects. I got a great response too; loads of people PM'd me about it so I have a good list of participants.

I asked a mod about it before I posted the thread and they were fine with it; might be no harm to do the same, just to be sure :) Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

jokettle wrote: »
    I'm in trinity and I posted a thread in the TCD forum looking for volunteers for one of my projects. I got a great response too; loads of people PM'd me about it so I have a good list of participants.

I asked a mod about it before I posted the thread and they were fine with it; might be no harm to do the same, just to be sure :) Good luck!

I was going to propose setting up a forum dedicated to getting volunteers for projects and whatnot when I noticed this: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1250

OP, is this any use to you?
    It doesn't seem to be very active, but if I'd known it was there I would have participated on some of the studies.

• Advertisement
Advertisement