Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

light output

Options
  • 05-08-2010 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭

`Hi All
    I am pricing a new building for high bay lighting, is there a basic formula or rule of thumb for light output the building will be used for agricultural machinery repair work and the dimensions are as follows 75foot wide by 95foot long by 25foot high if this info helps?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 509 ✭✭✭bertie1

I usually put 1 250 High bay metal Halide in each columb. With agricultural machinary they will still need lead lamps to go in under the gear. How many columbs are in the shed you are doing? you can always spead them over a few switches

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

i think you work out your spread by looking at the spec of the manufacturers fittings. in the catalogues and on their sites it usually gives the info you need.
    also is 25 foot not a bit low for high bays, would low bays in a lower wattage be a better option? and would you consider using induction or cfl high/low bay alternitives.
    if you contact companys like SGD, Hillcrest and thorn they would give you an idea of what you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

I'd use IP rated T5 flourescents in that application - you can go up to 2x80W if necessary, or I think Thorn have a 3x80W if you need it. Lamp life much longer than MH

Then, you can use presence/daylight sensors if theres also natural light

Here would be two:
    http://www.essystem.pl/en/pdf/produkty/es2007-2008_strona_018_cosmo_4.zip
    http://www.thornlighting.co.uk/PDB/Ressource/teaser/E2/TLG_Titus.pdf

Advertisement