Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

timetables

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

Agent_99 wrote: »
    Starting tomorrow on a maths course as a mature student, really looking forward to it now!

so am i !!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Pretty savage at my end to be fair; gonna have to do a power Monday - Tuesday but then its Wednesday off and 2 hours each day Thurs - Fri.

16hrs with 14 every other week cos of the law tutes. Two 9ams too which isn't disasterous.

Soft enough by all accounts. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

Anyone know how to access postgrad timetables?

I assume you are entering your 1st year as a postgrad. If so, then you will more than likely have to wait until orientation to get your timetable. Usually there is a class meeting with the course director and you are given it then. At least thats how it was for a lot of classes last year.
    fionav3 wrote: »
    Ah rats! Keep getting database error. Do you need a student number to access the timetables? Strating as a first year and need to know hours for work. :cool:

Unfortunately you wont get your timetable until orientation week iirc. Then your tutorials and labs wont be processed until week 2 approx, as they dont start until week 3. So you'll have to wait before you can inform work I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭fionav3

Mossin wrote: »
    Unfortunately you wont get your timetable until orientation week iirc. Then your tutorials and labs wont be processed until week 2 approx, as they dont start until week 3. So you'll have to wait before you can inform work I'm afraid.

Ah well. Thanks for that Mossin. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭bobo the clown

@fionav3 If you go in to Future Students tab on ul homepage and go to your undergraduate course. In their it gives you the modules you do each year. You can put module codes in to find out times of Lectures at least and if you are doing 1st year business you can go to nearly what ever tutorial you want for each module so you can really make your own timetable

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭pn7xjrqy6fhta1

Hoping to do Journalism and New Media this September. Anyone know how many hours or where can I find out?

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭mayo_lad

this is of another tread but it should work for you as well there is plenty of info on the timetables tread
    If you go in to Future Students tab on ul homepage and go to your undergraduate course. In their it gives you the modules you do each year. You can put module codes in to find out times of Lectures at least and if you are doing 1st year business you can go to nearly what ever tutorial you want for each module so you can really make your own timetable

@fionav3 If you go in to Future Students tab on ul homepage and go to your undergraduate course. In their it gives you the modules you do each year. You can put module codes in to find out times of Lectures at least and if you are doing 1st year business you can go to nearly what ever tutorial you want for each module so you can really make your own timetable

Oh, I'll give that a try. Thanks Bobo. :)

any luck fiona...

Just wondering do people on here follow there timetables or try and make there own one. i know sometimes you have to sign up in the lectures for certain timetables but you can still make your own to suit your week. I have never followed my actually timetable, possibly because i never go on fidays because Im working . Just wondering what the consensus is in here

Hey bobo,

This year as a postgrad is the first time where I've had a set structure to follow.

In my 4 years as an undergrad I always made my own timetable from the tutorials and labs available to me. Its easier that way imo.

• Advertisement

Hey bobo,

This year as a postgrad is the first time where I've had a set structure to follow.

In my 4 years as an undergrad I always made my own timetable from the tutorials and labs available to me. Its easier that way imo.
    Same here in 4th year now but its the first year where timetable isn too bad. Only changed 2 tutorial that were on at 9 and 10

It depends on how many people are in your class if there is a small number ie under 50 you will have to stick to your time table as all the toutorials and labs will have there maxium number in them if you are in a large class ie busness it is easer to make your own time table up as there are more toutorials to go to and it is more likely that people will be missing in those toutorials

mayo_lad wrote: »
    It depends on how many people are in your class if there is a small number ie under 50 you will have to stick to your time table as all the toutorials and labs will have there maxium number in them if you are in a large class ie busness it is easer to make your own time table up as there are more toutorials to go to and it is more likely that people will be missing in those toutorials
    I know but some people I know in business go to what is on there timetable and Id say you can change it to suit and they dont take any heed

any luck fiona...

Sure did! Just need to work out which group I'll be in now but I've got a good idea what to expect. Thanks Bobo. :)

I know but some people I know in business go to what is on there timetable and Id say you can change it to suit and they dont take any heed

You can chop and change your time table as much as you want if your lecture allows it there are some lectures that will not allow you to change your tutorials though because of max limits in labs and tutorials

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Mackleton

Would anyone be kind enough to tell me where any of these are, its been 2 years since I was in UL so my knowledge of the codes is a bit rusty...

C1063
    DG016
    D1050
    A1050
    LCO002
    C0078
    SG21A
    CSG25

Be handy to know these beforehand, thanks in advance :P

fionav3 wrote: »
    Sure did! Just need to work out which group I'll be in now but I've got a good idea what to expect. Thanks Bobo. :)
    Are the groups for lectures. It doesnt really matter as they do not take attendence but Group A would be people with Surnames beginning with A up until around K or something and group B being people with surnames in the second half of the alphabet

C1063
    DG016
    D1050
    A1050
    C0078
    All of the above are in the main bulding ( ski slopes) Letter being the block 0 1 and G being level and last 3 digits being room number.
    SG is in schuman building ground floor
    CS is in computer science building. The one between the foundation and the schuman building
    No idea where other room is

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Mackleton wrote: »
    Would anyone be kind enough to tell me where any of these are, its been 2 years since I was in UL so my knowledge of the codes is a bit rusty...

C1063
    DG016
    D1050
    A1050
    LCO002
    C0078
    SG21A
    CSG25

Be handy to know these beforehand, thanks in advance :P
    http://www2.ul.ie/web/WWW/Services/Student_Affairs/Student_Administration/Admissions/New_Student_Guide/Numbering_System_for_Rooms

The Lonsdale building is the one next to the main bus stop (in between the main building and the Schrodinger building)

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

iPwnage wrote: »
    so am i !!

How are you finding the course?

• Advertisement

Agent_99 wrote: »
    How are you finding the course?
    hey ! surprisingly ok !!
    Im amazed at how much i remember from school i'm out of it 13 years !! the lads and girls teaching are great tho, and make it easier !!
    How are you finding it ! What course are you taking after,

I'm the shaved head guy, sitting top right ! :cool:

iPwnage wrote: »
    hey ! surprisingly ok !!
    Im amazed at how much i remember from school i'm out of it 13 years !! the lads and girls teaching are great tho, and make it easier !!
    How are you finding it ! What course are you taking after,

I'm the shaved head guy, sitting top right ! :cool:

What degree are you doing? I was sitting at the back today, 40ish big girl :o
    dark hair glasses.

Computer systems !! Just itching to start !!

Are the groups for lectures. It doesnt really matter as they do not take attendence but Group A would be people with Surnames beginning with A up until around K or something and group B being people with surnames in the second half of the alphabet

I'd figured as much, it only goes up to group E so I'm guessing with a surname begining with V then that would be my group!

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭morningpeasant

I'm very confused about the start date for the orientation week; I hear that it begins on Monday the 30th of August, but that is the deadline for the first round offers. What happens to students who choose UL during the second round offers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

What are the tutorial things?

I'm very confused about the start date for the orientation week; I hear that it begins on Monday the 30th of August, but that is the deadline for the first round offers. What happens to students who choose UL during the second round offers?

Orientation 4 days Tue 31/08/2010 - Fri 03/09/2010

http://www2.ul.ie/web/WWW/Services/Academic_Calendar/2010_-_11_Academic_Calendar

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Burswood

I have a 34 hour week?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭pe-cze

I just looked briefly at my timetable (1st year Psychology and Sociology) and every day except thur is from 9am to 6 am. Oh my God.

• Advertisement

pe-cze wrote: »
    I just looked briefly at my timetable (1st year Psychology and Sociology) and every day except thur is from 9am to 6 am. Oh my God.

9am to 6am :eek::eek::eek:
    I've heard of long college days, but thats just ridiculous :P :pac:

Advertisement