Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fetac ********s

Options
  • 05-08-2010 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

just completed 2yr part time fetac level 5 course and cao now tell me my marks for first 2 modules not included with other 6 as not all completed in the same year mad.gif 100 points down drain

got 2nd choice as mature but not a happy bunny!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭loca1

Never knew this to be a rule. I done my fetac over 2 years part time I did get my first choice as a mature candidate dont think they looked at the fetac tbh. What course have you been offered and did you accept it? Which was your first choice?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭tonybhoy72

2nd choice is computing in mutimedia and digital entertainment, 1st choice is computer security and digital forensics. my score is 285 but with my other two modules it would have been 385

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭loca1

Maybe get in contact with admissions office and cao on Monday. You could ring fetac aswell they are fairly good even though it is a hectic time for them. I cannot find anything stating points can only be for one year fetac

its the college that chose to do this (lyit)

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Further Ed.

It is a normal requirement for most IoTs but check with the admissions office as it has nothing to do with FETAC. FETAC do warn on their website that some colleges look for the course to be completed in one year. Hard luck but the other option is check whether there is a full-time Level 6 in any FE college which might get you into Year 2 of the Letterkenny degree.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Did you find out if you can get into Com. Security?

You always have the option of doing this second choice you got offered for the year and then switching over to Security....?

got my 1st choices level 7 computer security and digital forensics and level 8 offer for applied computing:D

decisions decisions

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

Now, who's a happy camper!?

Glad to hear you finally got your L8 offer.
    After all the grief you put yourself through, you'd better take it now! :D

See you on reg. day. :)

tonybhoy72 wrote: »
    got my 1st choices level 7 computer security and digital forensics and level 8 offer for applied computing:D

decisions decisions

Go for security! Good money at the end of it all :D
    I'm heading into second year of that course so if you ever have any questions or need any help with a subject drop me a message and I'll help out as best I can. :)

mrmac wrote: »

Do you work there/go to the IT? :eek::pac:

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    Do you work there/go to the IT? :eek::pac:

Going into first year Applied Computers, as a mature student.
    It's going to be funny, as I'm easily twice the age of the average first year!
    Green teenagers can be very entertaining! :cool:

• Advertisement

Going into first year Applied Computers, as a mature student.
    It's going to be funny, as I'm easily twice the age of the average first year!
    Green teenagers can be very entertaining! :cool:

It will be slightly odd at first I found it really weird being back in college but you will love it! :)

Plus all the computer courses do all the same subjects in the first semester and most of the same subjects in the second one. Only problem is alot of the computer folks are very flippin shy. So get talking to them all takes them ages to get out of their shell! :pac:

So if you need any help with any of the modules I'll try and remember all that I did last year and help ye out too :D

I love the IT can't wait to get back now \o/

It's 20 years since I was last in full-time education, and I remember it well!
    Thankfully, I had many great and fantastic days, I had some wonderfuls laughs, and mostly enjoyed it.

I do however, remember the not-so-good days! I was 19, away from home, and sometimes felt alone, even when surrounded by people. It can be difficult for folks to adjust.

God help any shell-people I encounter - I can be a bit loud sometimes, comes from years of working with scots! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Best of Luck, When i started i was shocked to see people older than my mom and dad doing my course aswell :p

lol, imagine how pissed you'd be if it turned out that I was pals with your parents! :D
    You'd be freaked!

:eek:

*Backs away slowly from the thread*

:pac:

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    :eek:

*Backs away slowly from the thread*

Too late! I already know a R/L associate of yours!
    Meeting up with dannymcq tomorrow night (I think).

Too late! I already know a R/L associate of yours!
    Meeting up with dannymcq tomorrow night (I think).

Ahhh dannie :p Don't listen to anything he says about me it is quite possibly the truth :pac:

I'm going to be in the big smoke myself so if yous are having pints let me know I shall pop in.

He has nothing but kind words and respect for you, a real gent.
    No pints I'm afraid, just a photo club "lightroom" class. :(

Muffler has suggested another boards beers for the end of Sept., but no doubt one or two may be had by then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

sorry lads, take it to the pm's for the private convo.

Advertisement