Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do i create a sliding image in Flash?

Options
  • 05-08-2010 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hi,
    Im a newbie in terms of website development so I was hoping someone out there may be able to help me on a simple flash effect that i am trying to achieve. I have created a page with space for a banner image to sit across the top of the main body. I am looking to create a flash effect where an image slides across the the space allocated for the image and then comes to stop. After a period of time i would like another image to slide into focus from another direction and then come to a stop (if that makes any sense).

I have trawled the net and cant seem to find what i am trying to achieve, every search seems to throw up instructions on creating fade in /fade out picture galleries. If any flash experts out there know how to achieve an effect like this it would be great to hear back from you.
    All the best.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Firstly, for a load of reasons, don't use Flash on websites unless it's for games, presentation or media display. It's great for those but not for regular website usage.

What you're looking for is based on jQuery slider. Have Google around for terms like 'jQuery slider', 'jQuery carousel' or other variations of those keywords with automated or animated. There's tonnes of examples and resources out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭colly_06

I'm relatively new to website design and wanted an image slider, I found the following tutorial to be very helpful. It might be too big for what you want but I'm sure you could fiddle around with the dimensions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZ9Km3bPte0

• Registered Users Posts: 48 petes2008

thanks for the feedback guys. Ive taken your advice, done a bit more research and can see jscript is the way forward. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Advertisement