Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

airsoft v's paintball boredom post

• 05-08-2010 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭

hey guys i was bored and for those of you who know me thats a bad thing. i got thinking rivalry and then paintball came into my mind and it snowballed a bit and i came up with this. airsoft vs paintball. two teams one with aegs and the other with paintball guns. they both fire pretty much the same around 300 fps although the paintball is bigger. but i was wondering would an airsoft team take a challenge to play a paintball team. by the way there is a similar post on the paintball forum. see how the boredom is a bad thing i can't stop myself. so who would win and before any criticism yes this may be a bad idea and the rules may differ but if there is a way to over come that what would happen. :confused::pac:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭swiftblade

*facepalm*

Thats like saying...

"Which would win, Basketball or football?"

They're two completely different sports. Yes they have similarities, but it just wouldn't work :) Also i don't want to get smelly paint all over my nice camo :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 859 ✭✭✭StevieGriff

Hey look, its a sleeping dog! Why don't you give it a kick?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 382 ✭✭touge_drift

no way would i want to get paint on my aeg and cammo, are you mad??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

I've always wanted to have a kick of a ball in an airsoft game, integrate a bit of soccer, tackles with hits, try to get to the goal, great stuff.

Broken ankles and so on would be the only problem.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

MOST AWESOME IDEA EVA!!!

Somebody draw up some blueprints and lets kick this thing into action

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭joe stodge

tactical_facepalm.jpg

wont work at all. EVER!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Being Honest if Airsoft guns were 15j and fired a larger than 6mm Paintball at 600rpm that did not mess up a barrel and proved your were hit and if the ammo was the same price as plastic BB's and you did not need a Letter of permission from your super......I would LOOVVVEE it.

~B

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 913 ✭✭✭fayer

GTFO-FAIL.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭PEP_C

errr....that would be a no then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

joe stodge wrote: »
    tactical_facepalm.jpg

wont work at all. EVER!!!!!

Balls. Now I want that damn Real Sword Type 97 again.

Also, will there ever be a time when we can stop taking the extended rope in a whipping manner to the deceased equine?

Ridic topic is ridic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭se conman

HaHaHa , do all these post prove that airsofters are elitists or cowards ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

28443_1319803836205_1264058802_30727502_4541894_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,640 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

se conman wrote: »

Bit of both:pac:
    ----
    But seriously the old airsoft -v- paintball chestnut has been cracked many a time and neither side has the desire to fight it out as the OP thinks we do, we play different games and thats exactly what we want..different games, we don't want bragging rights as "the best" of the two sports. That's for kids to debate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭se conman

As you said , airsoft is airsoft , paintball is paintball and never the twain shall meet.

se conman wrote: »

I'd have thought it'd prove intelligence in seeing the vast chasm of difference?

Airsoft: A game involving players using devices designed to fire spherical objects at one another, in an attempt to hit or "tag" their target. Usually involves some sort of scenario or objective to drive the game, such as "capture the flag".

Paintball: A game involving players using devices designed to fire spherical objects at one another, in an attempt to hit or "tag" their target. Usually involves some sort of scenario or objective to drive the game, such as "capture the flag".

Soccer: A field sport involving eleven players on each team, scoring positions at either end of the field, denoted by goal posts, and a ball.

American Football: A field sport involving eleven players on each team, scoring positions at either end of the field, denoted by goal posts, and a ball.

Does that clear things up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Thnaks Dex just reminded me the "Shamrock Bowl" is on saturday in tallaght

UL Vikings vs Dublin Rebels. I played with the Vikings for years. I'll be at the game myself, albeit as Vikings staff rather in the crowd.
    Tickets are on Ticketmaster.ie, but it's easier to get them from the Ticketmaster booths. If you buy them on the site at this stage, you have to collect them at the stadium.

Slightly off-topic there...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭McGilla

[QUOTE=SNAKEDOC;672959 i got thinking rivalry and then paintball came into my mind and it snowballed a bit and i came up with this. airsoft vs paintball. two teams one with aegs and the other with paintball guns. they both fire pretty much the same around 300 fps although the paintball is bigger. but i was wondering would an airsoft team take a challenge to play a paintball team. by the way there is a similar post on the paintball forum. see how the boredom is a bad thing i can't stop myself. so who would win and before any criticism yes this may be a bad idea and the rules may differ but if there is a way to over come that what would happen. :confused::pac:[/QUOTE]

Boredom is indeed a bad thing!

Worst Idea Ever

comic_book_guyCOMPUTER.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

This has been an excellent thread. Normally I just lurk about here, and I used to pop in to the off-topic thread to cause trouble (because wiser heads would see it for the LOL that it was) but the FP here, that was epic. God knows I've tried to come up with something of that calibre. Just didn't have the neck to go for it.

Sir, I salute you for bringing entertainment to me on a slow Friday afternoon. I'm sore from laughing.

k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭k99_64

Pew pew pew pew pew, DAKAKAKAKAKAKDAKAKA!

PEW PEW DAKKA INCOMING!

I says screw paintballers, lets go up against the guys on the shooting forum!

Respawn points are not required!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,120 ✭✭✭moggser

stopthatr.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭SNAKEDOC

NakedDex wrote: »
    I'd have thought it'd prove intelligence in seeing the vast chasm of difference?

Airsoft: A game involving players using devices designed to fire spherical objects at one another, in an attempt to hit or "tag" their target. Usually involves some sort of scenario or objective to drive the game, such as "capture the flag".

Paintball: A game involving players using devices designed to fire spherical objects at one another, in an attempt to hit or "tag" their target. Usually involves some sort of scenario or objective to drive the game, such as "capture the flag".

Soccer: A field sport involving eleven players on each team, scoring positions at either end of the field, denoted by goal posts, and a ball.

American Football: A field sport involving eleven players on each team, scoring positions at either end of the field, denoted by goal posts, and a ball.

those two descriptions happen to be remarkably similar. yes they are two different sports but one uses paint balls the other uses bb's. just because they use paintball guns that must be licenced doesn't mean that it couldn't work:) oh and for those of you who said i don't want to get paint on my aeg and camo. you obviously are no good at the game time for a new hobby. pansey and thanks for all the posts this bordom post has been a resounding success please stay tuned for the next update

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,640 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

SNAKEDOC wrote: »
    those two descriptions happen to be remarkably similar. yes they are two different sports but one uses paint balls the other uses bb's. just because they use paintball guns that must be licenced doesn't mean that it couldn't work:) oh and for those of you who said i don't want to get paint on my aeg and camo. you obviously are no good at the game time for a new hobby. pansey and thanks for all the posts this bordom post has been a resounding success please stay tuned for the next update

:rolleyes:

I believe the comment about paint on camo etc was made in jest, your plan is flawed in so many ways, you don't seem to understand that there is no desire on either side for this idea, we don't hate each other or want to settle it in the field. We play our respective games and co-exist.

SNAKEDOC wrote: »

I know the subtlety of the subtext I was alluding to in that post might have been a little too acute, but let me break it down into reasonably simple and blatant points to make it somewhat more understandable in it's expression.

Using your above reply as a reference, I'd like to explain.
    The point of my original post was to do exactly what you have noticed, show that the sports are, as you say, "remarkably similar". On paper...
    You see, there's a vast gulf of difference betwen the sports in practice, in range, style of play, rate of fire, calibre, equipment type, rules, etc.
    In the the same way that soccer and American football look to be similar on paper, but are absolutely nothing alike in practice, you would never propose to have Manchester United play the New England Patriots (although, to be honest, I'd watch that. If for no other reason than it'd teach those dícks what a tackle that could cause an injury really feels like).

The idea is pointless as everything about the two styles is so vastly different that comparing the two in such a manner serves no purpose whatsoever. The nearest viable alternative is to get ten players of each sport to engage in a ten-on-ten paintball game, then a ten-on-ten airsoft game. Combining the two, frankly, is not only pointless, but so ridiculous as to cause me to have laughed rather too loud in this coffee shop as I type this.

Just in case the above isn't clear, or heavily stressed, enough, the following is a pure base-grade explanation of what I mean.

This idea is as useful, likely and intelligent as a chocolate fireguard, an ash tray on a motorcycle and a fork in a soup bowl put together. If it was a movie, even Van Damme would pass on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Gray

NakedDex wrote: »
    This idea is as useful, likely and intelligent as a chocolate fireguard, an ash tray on a motorcycle and a fork in a soup bowl put together. If it was a movie, even Van Damme would pass on it.

An unfortunate analogy that resulted in this hybrid about as attractive paintsoft but just about possible

I would of thought the thread would have died soon after the irrelevance of the thread was dicovered and when Hitler graced us with his flying carpet. None the less I'll end it here once again.

129152070011537922.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭SNAKEDOC

ok i'll come up with something else even more wacky next time:D

Gray wrote: »
    An unfortunate analogy that resulted in this hybrid about as attractive paintsoft but just about possible

I said fork, not spork. A fork in a liquid is thoroughly useless. Had I intended to mention a partially useful utensil, I'd have said spork in the first place.
    I emphasise partially, because I'm not sure if you've ever attempted soup with a spark before, but any time I've done so, I've reverted to drinking straight from the container. A truly frustrating and inconvenient experience.

Real men drink soup from pint glasses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

Thread has run its course. locked

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement