Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RMA Queery

Options
  • 05-08-2010 5:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

I did not know where best to post this so move if necessary.
    I recieved a number of items from pixmania in may, one of which was a corsair hx750w modular power supply. As my job has me working all over the place i only got to fit the beauty at the weekend. I was still short an sata lead for my old hard drive but installed my new ssd and decided to power it up last night and install vista 64...again.
    So i plug in the power lead and when i switched on the power button on the psu lovely bright sparks threw themselves out on to the floor. I nearly got sick. Anywho, i went onto pixamania and they said the first thing to do was contact the manufacturer, which i did today. They sent back an rma within 30 minutes and said they would send out a replacement unit once they recieved the faulty one. Lovely Jubbely. However, i realised that this return was at my own expense so i went back to pixmania and went through their returns process. They very nicely offered to pay for the collection and delivery, as they should, but the only returns option that they would let me pick was for the unit to be repaired, not replaced.

I was wondering if their are any rma vets out their who can ease my mind and tell me that it will actually be a fully functional replaced unit and not a 'that'll do' repair job.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

i would say it will go back to corsair in holland and they will just replace it will corsair no send a courier no

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Legally you are entitled to a repair -> replacement -> (in that order). So it really just really just means that if the product is repairable then the retailer/manufacturer is entitled to do that as a first measure.

Corsair are unlikely to either want or be able to fixing an exploding PSU, so no worries you will certainly get a replacement.

As you have a 7 year warranty with that PSU it is very much in Corsairs interest get it right first time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭zappb

These are re badged seasonics and for it to fail is very very rare. I would have thought they should replace it for you and arrange the RMA themselves as it was faulty - but i'm not consumer rights expert.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Corsair will refund the value of the postage after the rma. Would You believe I rma'd a 1yo Corsair Tx750w last year, fails not that rare

Saying that, Your contract is with Pixmania, as it has a longer manufacturers warranty and is a power supply they won't repair it, they'll just send it to Corsair

Advertisement