Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of renting a 3/4 bed house in Greystones/ Delgany/ Kilcoole?

Options
  • 05-08-2010 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭

Hi

Looking to get information on renting a family home from about october/november in one the above areas. Hope someone can help :)

A lot of houses in the above areas seem to be available for the last couple of months on Daft.ie with little or no change in rent asked. I'd appreciate if someone could guide me as to the average actual monthly rent for a 3/4 bed house in these areas?

The prices range from €1k a month in Redford Park to €1200-1500 in Eden Gate to €1150 for Holywell in Kilcoole. These seem expensive to me and I am just wondering if the actual rents people are paying are much lower? :confused::confused:

Also two quick questions,
    1. what primary school serves Eden Gate?
    2. Where is a good estate for young children under 5 to mix with other children of a similar age?

Any help would be much appreciated,
    thanks,
    Pix

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Moobui

Hi
    I can't answer your question about the rent but re. Eden Gate-there are lots of children in the estate, many of them being 5 and under. Eden Gate is in the catchment area for St. Laurence's, Delgany NS, the Gaelscoil and Educate Together-there may be others in the catchment area but these are the ones I am aware of. Good luck with your search.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Sparks115

I know some of the 3 beds in Charlesland area in the region of 1k a month and there are so many young children playing around all the time its great for kids and parents. The schools for Charlesland are St Brigids,St. Lawrences,St Kevins, Educate together and the Gaelschoil.

Best of luck in your search.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

Two bed apartments are about 900 to 1000
    Three bed apartments and houses range from 1100 to about 1250
    Four beds I would estimate approximatly 1400 to 1600 for greystones and depending on the quality of the property

• Registered Users Posts: 14,935 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

4-bed in Applewood, €1250

at the other end of the scale:
    4 bed in La Touche park, €2800, which IMO is massively overpriced.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Pixied

Thanks a mill for the info everyone!

If anyone else has any more insight it would be much appreciated, the rental prices advertised do seem very high :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭jellybaby21

Just wondering have you tried Newtownmountkennedy?
    There are always 3 bed houses available in Season Park, it's a nice estate also, or Garden Village in Kilpedder?

The rents seem to be bit cheaper €900 a month or so.

Thanks again for the info!!

I have since looked at Kilpedder and it seems a little quiet. Have also looked at Newtownmountkennedy but I'm not sure about it as I may not have access to a car for a while.

I do like the look of Eden Gate as their is plenty of green spaces and seems to be a lot of young childen. The only drawback seems to be that there is not much within walking distance.

Are there any other estates in Greystones which would be suitable for a couple of under 5's to make friends? Maybe near a good montessori also? Good location for primary schools..etc..Alot of the estates seem to be older and more settled and it is hard to judge the age profile.

Any further help or comments much appreciated. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Cheers John, I'll have a look at that!

As an aside, I emailed Sh*rry F*tz about a property they were advertising for rent. That was last wednesday night and still no reply from them, really bad service. Looks like the property has been up for rent since at least last May too :(

Advertisement