Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ordering 30mb UPC Broadband. Order by phone or online?

• 05-08-2010 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Just wondering which would make more sense. Ringing up UPC and ordering the broadband or filling in the online form. Already have a TV subscription with UPC. Was also wondering how long they usually take to install it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 115 ✭✭kk887

mine is by phone and they said it will take less than a week but mine installed and working within 3 days (well, just got a little problem about the TV connection port:( you can see my other thread)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭irishj

By internet for me, but i was a new customer.

Installed in 5 days...no problems on 30MB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Installation is free if your order online. 30 euro otherwise. I'm not sure if this applies too existing customers though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

Order online. We were told it would be 3-5 days if we ordered via phone or else 6-8 weeks if we ordered online (which was BS of course). Ordered online and the box arrived 3 days later and we saved a few €€'s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Order online. We were told it would be 3-5 days if we ordered via phone or else 6-8 weeks if we ordered online (which was BS of course). Ordered online and the box arrived 3 days later and we saved a few €€'s

Obviously some sales rep using some less then honest technique to get there sales up :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭WillieFlynn

Dark Nex wrote: »
    Just wondering which would make more sense. Ringing up UPC and ordering the broadband or filling in the online form. Already have a TV subscription with UPC.

I would suggest ordering online, unless there is a problem.

In my case, their online system showed that BB was available, however it wouldn't allow me to order.

Customer service were helpful and were able to figure out that a location code on my account was wrong. Once I said that the web site showed it was available and some other houses on the street had it.

This problem was probably due a mistake sorting out a bigger account problem a few years ago, where we would be disconnected every few months even though we owed nothing.

One thing I liked was that they explained what went wrong and called back when it was fixed.

I should get my modem in the next four days. Looking forward to cheaper and faster internet. Depending on the price I may upgrade to 100Mb when it comes out in about a months time.

Advertisement