Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lodge Money Without Waiting 5 Working Days?

Options
  • 05-08-2010 6:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

Hi,
    i have just joined bank of ireland and i get my first cheque next week and i heard that there was a bank some were on Leeson Street i think, were if i lodge my money in that branch the money would be i my account as soon as i lodged it rather then waiting five days, does anyone know were this bank or branch is?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 gerupouvit

doubt it...depends where the cheque is from id say. boi will take 3 days. aib etc 5 days. no way round it! unless u get someone who will give u cash for it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Can only get cheque cashed from branch it is drawn on unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

If your heard about lesson street in work, the cheque is probably drawn on a leeson street branch account, which means if you go to that branch they can cash it for you provided you have id, as its a wages cheque.

Check the top right hand corner of the cheque and see what branch is written there, thats the branch the cheque is drawn on, and thats the only branch that can cash that cheque. Otherwise you have to lodge it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

I have this thing on my current account, where by the funds clear straight away when you lodge the cheque in the account.

You could ask about getting this put on yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

I have this thing on my current account, where by the funds clear straight away when you lodge the cheque in the account.

You could ask about getting this put on yours.

You have access to them straight away, but they still take the three days to clear. If the cheque bounces in the three days, they trust that you will have funds to get the money back of you. As a new account holder the op wont be entitled to this facility.

• Advertisement
Advertisement