Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spicers Mill Balbriggan - opinion?

Options
  • 05-08-2010 6:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Viewing apartments to rent in the above location. Seems decent enough.

Estate agent said Sky and internet are covered as it's provided for the whole apartment block. Just wondering if this is true, and if so, is it a decent enough Sky package, and broadband? Currently with Eircom and reluctant to try anyone else as I like the speed & reliability of Eircom.

Anyone here live in/know someone who lives in Spicers Mill? Opinions? Things I should look out for before signing a lease?

Agency is looking for €800 for a 2 bed. Seems like a lot.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

Viewing apartments to rent in the above location. Seems decent enough.

Estate agent said Sky and internet are covered as it's provided for the whole apartment block. Just wondering if this is true, and if so, is it a decent enough Sky package, and broadband? Currently with Eircom and reluctant to try anyone else as I like the speed & reliability of Eircom.

Anyone here live in/know someone who lives in Spicers Mill? Opinions? Things I should look out for before signing a lease?

Agency is looking for €800 for a 2 bed. Seems like a lot.
    As an example to what you can get, if it's available.

My friend lived in a 2 bed apart. in Cardy Rock. Paid €800 a month. He now has a 4 bed in chieftains way for €900 a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

I was about to say something similar. €800 is a premium price for that apartment you're looking at. It would want to be something really special considering you can get 4 bed houses in the town for very little more per month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 CacaMilis77

Thanks for the advice. It is top notch, and if sky and internet were already included, it would balance the overheads anyway no?

Also, where is the garda station? Is it along the main street coming from Drogheda?

Coming from Drogheda, it's on the right hand side just before you get into the village. That is, on Drogheda Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Are you sure that these items are included in your rental fee? If so it is probably the most basic package of each. Your standard SKY fee would be €27 per month & your broadband approximately €15 per month. Personally I'd still find €750 a month expensive for a 2 bed apartment at that location.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭groomek

I lived in an apartment a few years ago beside spicers mill.Worst year of my life.Be prepared to be woken up every weekend from people heading home from the nightclub.

We had constant problems with people ringing buzers and people hanging around the apartments drinking.It also seems to be the main walkway to get to the beach and during the summer that's where most teenagers head drinking

Advertisement