Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what have i done???

• 05-08-2010 7:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 391 ✭✭

A made a ginger beer brew using natural ingrediants and about 3/4 of a kilo of brewing sugar, but it's only a 7litre mini brew. The thing is that after 2 weeks it is still fermenting and no where near ready to bottle.

What have a i made?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

What's the recipe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Well..... I would say there are three scenarios here.

1. Everything is grand

2. Somehow during the summer you are fermenting too cold so fermentation is taking to long? Yeah.. not likely though.

3. Infection. This is very possible. A wild yeast could have got in and is fermenting every scrap of sugar available.

To be honest, even if it is infected you may have a wonderful sour cider. Something like a Belgian Lambic.

If you want to kill fermentation and bottle chuck in some crushed campden tablets.

Have you checked the gravity?

Advertisement