Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Next game youre excited about?

• 05-08-2010 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭

Ive noticed its gone a bit quiet game wise on the xbox lately and was wondering what the next game youre drooling over is and when its coming out?

Personally ill go with Dead Space 2 which is out January 25th, im pretty surprised at how much im looking forward to this one because im not usually into survival horror games.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Personally I'm very much looking forward to the new Medal Of Honour game and also Arkham Asylum 2. I wonder if there'll be different content on the PS3 and Xbox like the first one.

EDIT: I am hoping that Medal Of Honour isn't primarily based around multiplayer cos that kinda thinking behind game developers gets on my tits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

That_Guy wrote: »
    EDIT: I am hoping that Medal Of Honour isn't primarily based around multiplayer cos that kinda thinking behind game developers gets on my tits.

Yeh couldnt agree more, battlefield bad company 2 is a good example of a game that is just shockingly bad offline but extremely good online, the reason for which i can only assume is due to a mismatched focus.

Also +1 on Arkham Asylum 2, first one was one of the best games last year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jimbobjoeyman

halo reach
    black ops
    forza 4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Black Ops
    Deus Ex - although i'm trying to temper my expectations after Invisible War.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Con1110

F1 2010

• Advertisement

I forgot to add gears of war 3
    dunno how i forgot that one :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭HxGH

Black Ops :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I was looking forward to Mafia II but the 2 reviews I seen a 8 from PC Gamer & a 7 from Official Xbox 360 Mag hasn't blew me away.I know Edge, Eurogamer & others will be way garsher than those 2.Bought some Gamecube games recently i'll enjoy them until FIFA, Fable & Halo Reach arrive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

GTR63 wrote: »
    I was looking forward to Mafia II but the 2 reviews I seen a 8 from PC Gamer & a 7 from Official Xbox 360 Mag hasn't blew me away.I know Edge, Eurogamer & others will be way garsher than those 2.Bought some Gamecube games recently i'll enjoy them until FIFA, Fable & Halo Reach arrive.

Harsher not F'N' Garsher,man I have to spellcheck more often.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Just watched a preview of Vanquish, looks like it could be a good bit of fun.

Fable 3 will hopefully be good, the first 2 werent "GREETEST GAMEZ EVAR" but a good laugh to go through.

Gears 3 and Dead Space 2, obviously.

Dead Rising 2 in like 2 months :D

Warhammer 40k Space Marine.....just "WANT"

But closest, Scott Pilgrim, looks amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

dr gonzo wrote: »
    Yeh couldnt agree more, battlefield bad company 2 is a good example of a game that is just shockingly bad offline but extremely good online, the reason for which i can only assume is due to a mismatched focus.

Also +1 on Arkham Asylum 2, first one was one of the best games last year

Really :confused: I'm not big into FPS multiplayers, but I actually enjoyed the campaign in BC2 more so than any other in recent memory for me.

Looking forward to Fallout : NV and Rock Band 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

really looking forward to snes ultimate collection

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Really can't think of any games I'm looking forward to, the games i was looking forward to seriously let me down this year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

Really can't think of any games I'm looking forward to, the games i was looking forward to seriously let me down this year

What were those just out of curiosity?

Final Fantasy 13, Crackdown 2, Red dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Agree with the exception of Red dead,I purposely avoided all hype and anything to do with it once I heard about it, and loved it because of that, Didn't want a repeat of my GTA 4 disappointment.

I avoided it too, while the story was ok i don't think it was amazing, and the online stuff is naff, haven put it in the xbox in over 2 months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Reach!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

mafia 2 and rock band 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Gears of War 3

Star Wars: the force unleashed 2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Kxiii

Fallout New Vegas
    F1 2010
    Arkham 2

I agree with you about final fantasy and crackdown they were complete let downs.
    I really enjoyed red dead towards the end of the story but the start was really boring and dull never went near the online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Fallout New Vagas, and Dead Rising 2. I can't wait for those games.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭TetraxShard

Remainder of 2010:
    Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions
    Halo: Reach
    Fallout: New Vegas
    Fable III
    Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
    DJ Hero II
    Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Part One

2011:
    Dead Space 2
    Gears of War 3
    Marvel vs. Capcom 3: The Fate of Two Worlds
    Mortal Kombat IX

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

F1 2010

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Is there any word on the game "Heat"? It was meant to be in production these last 2 years??:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Im really looking forward to F1 2010, its about time a formula one game came to the 360, so Im expecting big things there.

Also Batman Arkham city and Mass Effect 3 which wont be out for a long while yet, but none the less still looking forward to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Faith+1 wrote: »
    Is there any word on the game "Heat"? It was meant to be in production these last 2 years??:confused:

None good. I'd also bet that Gearbox is making a Borderlands sequel now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

None good. I'd also bet that Gearbox is making a Borderlands sequel now.

Thanks for that!

• Advertisement

Fallout NV, Dead Space 2 and Dead Rising 2!

Will get my usual kicks out of PES 11 as well

Advertisement