Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Next game youre excited about?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Metal Gear Solid: Rising, I love the MGS games and am looking forward to the change in style that this should bring after seeing the trailer.

F1 2010, it looks like this could be the first F1 game since the mid 90's that is actually good.

Dead Rising 2, loved the first one and can't wait to see how they have improved it and getting to combine weapons looks like it could be a lot of fun.

Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit, Burnout is my favourite arcade racer and with Criterion making this I have very high hopes for it.

Ghost Recon 4: Future Soldier, I have always liked GR games and it is one of the best shooters around.

Brink, this just looks like it has the potential to be so much fun to play with the movement system it has, especially online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Ok scratch that, Monday Night Combat on Wednesday is my new most looked forward to game, mainly as I can has it within 1 week :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭cypharius

In order:

Deus Ex - Human Revolution
    Assassins Creed Brotherhood
    Devils Third
    Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
    Halo Reach

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

I usually wait for games to go down in price ,but I'm looking forward to getting the new red faction when it comes out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

I've loved every Halo and finished the campaigns numerous times but I don't know why Halo Reach doesn't excite me. Still going to buy it though.

Games I'm genuinely excited about and would pay a lot of money to play right now:

Ghost Recon 4, Crysis 2, Deus Ex 3 and Rock Band 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Fallout New Vegas, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and Gears 3. More so the first two, can't wait for them.

Other than that, I'll probably get Mafia 2, Fifa11 and Black Ops as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

I've loved every Halo and finished the campaigns numerous times but I don't know why Halo Reach doesn't excite me. Still going to buy it though.

Im not a big Halo fan but would i be wrong in saying that Reach looks pretty much identical to whats come before besides a few new weapons or something?

I just dont get the hype.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

dr gonzo wrote: »
    Im not a big Halo fan but would i be wrong in saying that Reach looks pretty much identical to whats come before besides a few new weapons or something?

Wrong in whose eyes? Your opinion isn't necessarily wrong (it's an opinion of someone from an outside perspective, nothing wrong with that, ultimately just not informed).
    To me, it's the biggest change from title to title in a Halo game, with the biggest, most fleshed out toolset (SP+MP+FF+Forge) yet combined with a graphical fidelity that just wasn't there in H3.

Beauty is in the eye of beholder, and that's okay :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

I'm more interested in reach for what the community will be able to do with the new editor thingy forge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

massive halo fan but not that excited about reach really, maybe odst ruined it for me, it wasnt as good as i thought, maybe thats it

other than that assassins creed, fifa 2011 maybe, not much going at the min

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Ok scratch that, Monday Night Combat on Wednesday is my new most looked forward to game, mainly as I can has it within 1 week :D

This wasn't really on my radar but the initial reviews in are good.. Think I'll be picking it up later

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Ace combat assault horizon. Cant.... freakin.... wait.....:eek:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Will Definately Play:
    Medal of Honour
    Fable III
    Halo: Reach
    Fallout: New Vegas

Will Probably Play:
    Max Payne III
    Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II

Might Play If I Have Any Money Left:
    CoD: Black Ops
    F.E.A.R. 3
    Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
    Vanquish

All the above subject to review performance.

Not sure if I'll bother with FIFA11. In fact I must trade in FIFA10 now before it drops in value again. Prob only worth about a fiver or a tenner but it'll be worth 2 quid soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

I think the forgeworld option and the campaign missions set piloting a ship in space will be some of the highlights. Im not a huge halo fan either but I remember the buzz around halo 3 and cant help but get a little excited.
    It does look very very similar though I must admit. I think the real selling point for the die hard fans will be the campaign storyline as it should be fairly epic I am hoping. Always wanted to see the fall of Reach and the introduction to the covenant invasion.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    I could say the same thing about every Call of duty/Medal of honour game.
    Or every sequel to every FPS ever probably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Mafia 2
    FIFA 11
    Fallout New Vegas
    Medal of Honor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Fifa 11
    COD: Black Ops
    Medal Of Honour
    Fallout New Vegas
    Assassins Creed Brotherhood
    Fable III

Also Mafia II now as well since I played the demo and it was pretty damn sweet!

Next year's releases:

Dead Space 2(it's out 2 days after my birthday :D)
    Gears 3.

My wallet is gonna be empty this winter!

Advertisement