Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor data coverage in Sligo

Options
  • 05-08-2010 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭

Thinking of changing from Three to Meteor for my phone service. Meteor are a lot better value.

However looking at their coverage map there only seems to be Edge coverage in Sligo.

Can anyone confirm what the coverage is like in Sligo, and if they have 3G coverage in Sligo.

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Hey there, I live in Sligo and left Meteor last year- the coverage was terrible in most parts of the county, and was only average in town. Maybe this has changed recently but I wouldnt be too hopeful.
    Im with O2 now and haven't had a single problem, even in areas where I'd expect the signal to be bad.
    Hope this helps :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

I've been on Meteor for 3 years now and rarely have coverage problems around Sligo. Some parts of my house are a bit crap but in general it's grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Hotaru wrote: »
    I've been on Meteor for 3 years now and rarely have coverage problems around Sligo. Some parts of my house are a bit crap but in general it's grand.

Did you have good coverage for 3G, web surfing etc...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Sligo Town has Decent 3G Coverage inside and out don't know about surrounding areas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Celestial Deity

Meteor's 3G coverage in Sligo is fairly new… only been there since the start of June.

Fast enough (getting a steady 1 mbt down, sometimes 1 and a half) and the indoor coverage is decent.

You always have edge to fall back on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Sligo Town has Decent 3G Coverage inside and out don't know about surrounding areas.

can differ though network to network, o2 coverage not bad in town, although go out a mile or so and can be patchy, although with o2 you can can fall back on to edge

speed test done with o2 in last five minutes

935271104.png

bear in mind can really vary depending on time of day, tested a few minutes later, download was 1.38, upload 0.30

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Dunno about data coverage, but Meteor is awful for phone coverage outside the town. I changed to Tesco mobile when it came available... much, much cheaper & miles better coverage by a long shot (they use the 02 Nework).

No more walking around different rooms of the house trying to get a signal!

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭theintern

Have to say, for data, Meteor is pretty poor around the villages of Sligo, was driving around trying to get Google Maps and it was pretty painful. Forget about 3G, you're back to the bad old days...

Advertisement