Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Juve vs Rovers 2nd leg

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

CSF wrote: »
    No I know that, but surely its obligatory that the chap does a bit of research on both teams playing. Especially when one is the local side who the viewers will be cheering for. I don't even think he seemed that informed on Juve tbh. I genuinely get the impression that if its not the Premiership or Ireland he just doesn't want to know.

Ya but RTE probably just wheeled him because he played for Juve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,622 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Ya but RTE probably just wheeled him because he played for Juve.
    Yeah, very disappointing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

Fair play to Rovers played very well although I think juve was doing a typical Italian performance. Rovers fans were in full voice as usual.

On another note I bought the juventus season ticket I was told I'll get it in the post but there's no sign of it and I want to go the bohs match on Sunday. If I ring the club office will they sort me out ? ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

No I know that, but surely its obligatory that the chap does a bit of research on both teams playing. Especially when one is the local side who the viewers will be cheering for. I don't even think he seemed that informed on Juve tbh. I genuinely get the impression that if its not the Premiership or Ireland he just doesn't want to know.

Oddly thats how his career ended with both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

sure himself and giles only see what they're forced to see, no research or idea or background on any team apart from what they hear from the telly like everyone else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Liam Brady's lack of knowledge is shocking.

I disagree, I think his pre-game analysis of the Juve team at least was pretty good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

AIR-AUSSIE wrote: »
    If I ring the club office will they sort me out ? ?

Ring them today and explain the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭eightyfish

Bohs fan here - just wanna say Rovers did the league proud last night. After the embarrassment of the Leavue XI v Man Utd Ltd, and our ridiculous loss to TNS, it's refreshing for Rovers to go over there and hold their own. The only other positive was our win against Villa but that was only a friendly.

On a side note: I went for a walk just before half time and passed our local pub on Parkgate St. I thought I may as well pop in and grab a pint to watch the second half and walked in to see that they were showing the bloody Liverpool match. I mean - Irish club playing against Juventus in the Europa League and they're showing Liverpool! Just went home to watch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭eightyfish

To be fair he admited he did'nt have much knowledge of the league but Rico was there for that.

I think he said something like he "didn't really know the strength of the League of Ireland." I was fairly dismayed that the former assistant manager of the Republic of Ireland team would say that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

First replay...no deflection...second last replay...that is some deviation on the ball trajectory after it goes past the wall :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

shocking how this thread has only 60 posts when pre season friendlies can hit 300 or 400.

anyway, well done to rovers over the 2 legs, played fantastic stuff and did the country proud. losing to the likes of juve is nothing to be ashamed of, losing to teams from wales, macedonia, latvia etc etc is. lets hope they and the others kick on and this helps the LOI to progress in euro competitions.

and Dan Murray, what a man.

Murray > Paul Mcshane. fact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

AIR-AUSSIE wrote: »

On another note I bought the juventus season ticket I was told I'll get it in the post but there's no sign of it and I want to go the bohs match on Sunday. If I ring the club office will they sort me out ? ?

Yep, just give them a shout and I'm sure they'll sort it.

Advertisement