Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New speed record for UPC

• 05-08-2010 8:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭

904516366.png

I didn't say it was a record for UPC to be proud of!

0.06Mb/s is possible the slowest upload speed I think I've seen since the early 1990's.

I just got off the phone with their support and they say my connection is fine and that there are no known issues in the area! I don't think it's normal to have to wait 2 mins for pages to load when clicking links!

Ugh....is there no end to these UPC problems? Months and months of frequent disconnections and now this upload speed issue.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Ranicand

904802796.png

Just asking are you using a router ?

And are you using wireless or and Ethernet connection?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

904929138.png

Mine seems fine, haven't had any problems as of late, Are you sure you are not uploading anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭-=al=-

not on UPC my my upload speed sometimes drops to something similar as that on occasion, rang up before but tested the line, and no issues or problems everythign workinf fine, damn annoying when it happens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭Feidhlim

0.06Mb/s is possible the slowest upload speed I think I've seen since the early 1990's.

You have obviously never been with Eircom then...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

At the time I ran the test the PC was hardwired to the modem directly. Also, there were no uploads/downloads in progress (DU Meter showed no throughput). I haven't used uTorrent or anything similar for several days even.

The upload speed has returned to a slightly better state today. I guess it's just something related to the long standing issues on this line (Roselawn area of Blanchardstown in Dublin 15). An engineer told me that the lines running up to the house there are so old that UPC shouldn't even be selling broadband in the area.

They've been running a 'Quality Assurance Test' for the last week, so hopefully this catches whatever the cause of the problem is.

I can only hope....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭irishj

Seems to be working fine this evening for me.

905600351.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Feidhlim wrote: »
    You have obviously never been with Eircom then...

Exactly eircoms upload on their 1mb package is 0.05mb/s-0.10mb/s max complete muck if i must say !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

905875330.png

Seems fine for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Waterford: 11:04pm Saturday night (20 Megs):

906924395.png
    21761791.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Blackdragon

Not so bad here either

907450690.png

• Advertisement
Advertisement