Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help! Doing a masters and finding the money

Options
  • 05-08-2010 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hello everyone! Im so confused! I was wondering if anyone can help me
    work out what financial asistance i might be entitled to.

My situation is...
    -I have just applied for MSc Advanced Sustainable Design in the university of edinburgh.
    - I already have a BA (hons L8) in Interior architecture from IT sligo graduated in 2007
    -I never got a maintenance grant before
    -I am over 23
    -independant from my parents
    -I am currently on job seekers

I dont know if there is any grants for me from ireland. Even if there isn't perhaps others who've done a masters could suggest where best to get a loan or financing etc...:confused:

Thank you xxxx
    Laura Gaf

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭MonkeyBalls

I'd like to see the replies to this, if any.

If you're doing your msc in scotland you probably won't be able to get a grant from ireland, but you can apply for grants or scholarships over there. The chances of getting them are pretty slim but not impossible. Get in touch with the uni and see what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,072 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

It looks to me like you only get a grant for doing an undergraduate course in the UK.

http://www.studentfinance.ie/mp7540/my-chosen-course-is-in-a-college-in-britain-or-other-eu-country/index.html

Did you ring your county council to find out?

also this may be of use

http://www.studentfinance.ie/mp9490/other-finance/index.html

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Laura Gaf

Hey ya thanks guys! Ya I kinda reckoned that my chances of getting the grant were small. I'll apply anyway ans see how it goes.
    I'll keep ye posted as to how I go

• Registered Users Posts: 41,072 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Laura Gaf wrote: »
    Hey ya thanks guys! Ya I kinda reckoned that my chances of getting the grant were small. I'll apply anyway ans see how it goes.
    I'll keep ye posted as to how I go

Ring your county council and ask them

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭muboop1

Get a loan! thats what I had to do, will be worth it in the long run!

• Advertisement
Advertisement