Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Entire Fear Factory Band and Crew Narrowly Escape Death

Options
  • 05-08-2010 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭

The members of metal band Fear Factory narrowly escaped certain death when their bus caught fire on Thursday morning, according to Blabbermouth.com. After playing a show in Sheffield, during their tour of England, the band were traveling to London when the bus driver noticed smoke coming from one of the back wheels.

According to Dino Cazares, the driver “stopped, jumped out and noticed a flame underneath the wheel well. He tried to extinguish it, but the flames were too much.

“Everyone was woken up by one of our crew yelling get everyone up and out of the bus,” Cazares said. “Everyone grabbed [their] bags and ran off the bus. We stood on the side of the freeway going, ‘Thank God we all made it out’ until someone noticed our merchandise guy was still asleep on the bus so our good friend ran back on the smoke-filled bus and got him out just minutes before the bus was completely in flames.”

The bus was engulfed in about 20 minutes, he said. The band’s trailer, containing all their gear, was saved, but everything on the bus is gone.

“Some of us lost wallets, money, computers etc.,” Cazares said. “But that’s not important compared to our lives.”

Fear Factory are on a tour of the U.K. to support their new album, Mechanize.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

****in hell, lucky they made it out in time otherwise there would have been acres of skin everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

While not being big into them, or even knowing them well, do hope the tour can continue. Know some fans alright who saw them on Monday!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

“Everyone grabbed [their] bags and ran off the bus. We stood on the side of the freeway going, ‘Thank God we all made it out’ until someone noticed our merchandise guy was still asleep on the bus so our good friend ran back on the smoke-filled bus and got him out just minutes before the bus was completely in flames.”

FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Zombienosh wrote: »
    ****in hell, lucky they made it out in time otherwise there would have been acres of skin everywhere.
    :)

Hopefully the flashpoint wasn't too bad and they won't need a therapy for pain...

Here's footage of the incident apparently:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

LOL @ them all recording the blaze on their phones!:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭mp3guy

They're totally gonna write a song some how referencing this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

burton was probly singing slave labour

God! Help me pour this gas on me!
    I need to drown in flames to be free!
    God help me pour this gas on me!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,482 ✭✭✭weisses

The bus was engulfed in about 20 minutes, he said.

That's close indeed ... Cazares needs 20 minutes to get his big ass out of a bus :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I have to laugh with the police turning up and them squarely recording it, maybe thinking that nobody will believe them - does anyone know if they still played Wacken under the circumstances?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,482 ✭✭✭weisses

I have to laugh with the police turning up and them squarely recording it, maybe thinking that nobody will believe them - does anyone know if they still played Wacken under the circumstances?

Why not ...if Rammstein can they can :D:p

afaik they played

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

Lol, I just realised, that Irish flag they were given during the show is probably burnt to a fúcking crisp now.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Numina wrote: »
    Lol, I just realised, that Irish flag they were given during the show is probably burnt to a fúcking crisp now.

Maybe that's how the fire started? They were in England after all ;)

Advertisement