Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HKC secure wave install help

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 braypaul

i am installing it myself .i can get it to see on contact on each loop but when i try to get it to see another one it won't see any . i'm thinking of using two core for each contact and giving each contact its own zone but this will mean having to get an expander unit maybe

koolkid wrote: »
    6 cores for the front windows & the SABB can be done .
    SABB +
    Bell Trigger -
    Strobe Trigger
    BHO
    TR

Take - from BHO to one side of the zone & use the last strand to return to the zone input wiring in duel EOL to include tampers

the saab is on a loop with two windows and i was thinking of using two cores for each window but that will only leave two cores for the saab

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The SABB can't be done on 2 wire with a HKC system.

i know i might try to put a separate cable for the saab

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Well then your all good so.;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dublinjim

Hi. can anyone help as i'm having a problem with my alarm system. when the unit is powed up the key pad is saying there is a fault with the RKP comms but i ran a new wire to the key pad but it's still showing up a fault. is there a reset procedure to do to this. thanks. or would you have a typical wiring diagram for this showing the EOL resistors etc for one key pad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

There are no resistors for the keypad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,756 ✭✭✭✭altor

dublinjim wrote: »
    Hi. can anyone help as i'm having a problem with my alarm system. when the unit is powed up the key pad is saying there is a fault with the RKP comms but i ran a new wire to the key pad but it's still showing up a fault. is there a reset procedure to do to this. thanks. or would you have a typical wiring diagram for this showing the EOL resistors etc for one key pad.

I would say the keypad is gone faulty if power down and back up the panel does not clear the fault. You will need a new keypad.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 tombob

Planning to replace alarm with HKC SW-8/12. Going to make connections 1 at a time. If I make all connections except alarm and tamper zones and leave the links in place can I set alarm.There is a red light in centre of panel flashing when power is on, what is this light, it cannot be seen when cover is on panel

tombob wrote: »
    Planning to replace alarm with HKC SW-8/12. Going to make connections 1 at a time. If I make all connections except alarm and tamper zones and leave the links in place can I set alarm.There is a red light in centre of panel flashing when power is on, what is this light, it cannot be seen when cover is on panel

The HKC Securewave 10/70 panel would be my choice over the 8/12.
    At lease it will give you the option of adding wire free devices if you ever need them.
    The light in the center of the board is a indication that the system is working correctly. If this was off or not flashing it would indicate a problem with keypad communications or the PCB itself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 tombob

Already have the 8/12, thanks a lot for your help, dont need elaborate system just the basics, At last got it working. one zone at a time. next job connecting to phone but thats for another day

tombob wrote: »
    Already have the 8/12, thanks a lot for your help, dont need elaborate system just the basics, At last got it working. one zone at a time. next job connecting to phone but thats for another day

Easy enough to do. Any problems you know where we are.

Advertisement